Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day Hinkley is sacked, that group is going to resemble Jonestown.
No it won't. That's the nature of being happy clappers. They'll forget Hinkley ever existed and transfer their hero worship elsewhere 5 minutes after the new coach is announced.

Fun fact: Just after I started 'We Were Port Adelaide', the individual who identifies himself as 'Ken Oath' doxxed Ilias M believing he was behind the account. In exchange for peace and removing said dox, he demanded I stop tagging the club and its officials in all future posts.

It was also followers of 'Ken Oath' who threatened to dox me (and worse) for sharing unflattering facts and statistics about their messiah, which is what lead to me taking a break from everything football-related for several months.

The day Hinkley is sacked, that group is going to resemble Jonestown. They are absolute psychos.

They are the way they are because they've been given some attention by the club so they think they are the ordained 'supporter group' out there. They seem too stupid to realise that the club reaches out to all the various groups that pop up.

I had some limited interactions with them when we tried to get them to share links to the BBTB page and spread the info within their group. At first they acted like we were a bunch of randos with no connection to the club, giving us advice on who to speak to etc. After I told them we'd been in touch with Richo and Ben D, they stopped responding to us and stopped sharing anything BBTB related. I think they thought they were the only group of supporters with connections at the club.

They remind me a bit of the people who ran The Power From Port forum. Self appointed gatekeepers with an unwarranted sense of importance.

The bit where he said words to the effect of 'I know nobody will believe us, but we're gonna come back and we're gonna win the thing next year ...'

Yes, when you promise to do something 9 times and fail to even get close on each occasion, people probably won't believe you by the 10th time.

He’d be a fantastic politician - all talk zero substance. It’s why he’s still here, he’s a fantastic speaker

That and Koch’s obsession with “game day experience” over game day results

This is also where our lack of national profile and being ignored by the media hurts us badly.

Because we're not considered to be a legitimate team in this league and anything beyond finishing about 14th is regarded as overachieving, no heat is ever applied no matter how sustained the period of non performance.

So coaches from the likes of Carlton and Collingwood get about 2 or 3 years of non performance before they get hounded out of their jobs but we're sat here a decade later and still expected to consider Captain Mediocre as the messiah because we're better than the Gold Coast SUNS.

Koch and Hinkley's flippant deflection of accountability riles me.

Particularly Koch's waffling that Hinkley is the coach with the most wins of all Port Adelaide coaches is a flippant fobbing off of the members' hurt and it is an illustration of his assumption that us fickle Port supporters are a minority and the vast majority are impressionable by what he says. Much like he did with the co-captaincy debacle at the AGM. * sakes Koch, the coach has not got us to a grand final in 9 years, he's just been racking up the game tally and being mediocre he's in the positive with his win-loss tally.

Then there's Ken 'loves talking hard' Hinkley referencing to our highest membership tally (as if this raw figure is trustworthy) to excuse himself of being a part of the reason for the shellacking we copped on Saturday. That's why he said he wouldn't change a thing if the game was played again because it is not him, it is the players only.

This club keeps blaming the players that they draft, select, nurture and groom to become leaders and winners.

Geeeez I think im massively in the minority here. I didn't think his interview on 5AA was that bad. It comes across bad if you just watch the channel 9 short segment on it, as they pick the really s**t bits.
Also for all the hard talk from Tredders leading up this, he was weak as piss in the interview.

He’d be a fantastic politician - all talk zero substance. It’s why he’s still here, he’s a fantastic speaker

That and Koch’s obsession with “game day experience” over game day results

Our game day experience is running on empty these days. It's a borefest and has been since 2016 because people are sick of the same. Long gone are the days of rocking up against a minnow expecting to pile the goals on and something exciting and then when we do play a good team we get behind then lose most of them, so it feels.

Also Ken
"That was so far removed from us and what we do and are about that it's hard to analyse "

Ummmm, no. It's not. This sh*t happens regularly. We've been blown out in patches by Brisbane in our last 4 games against them. We have been blown away early V WB the last 3 times we've played them. Any time we play a top side recently we saw these spankings, especially early game blow outs. Hell the Bombers were doing it to us all the time a little while back. Even against St Kilda we had a 4 goal to 1 term, but they absolutely dominated the play. We just got lucky.

This trend of 1st terms has been evident all year and far longer.

IT IS US!!!!
You know what. Further to this.

Good teams don't lose to other sides in a consistent fashion like we do.

For some reason we are extremely consistent in both win and loss. Far more consistent than maybe any team I can remember. Is this a sign of great coaching, a sign he's turned us into robots, a sign that we are refusing to change and adapt from the losses we see, or maybe just a sign we have a clear flaw that some teams know how to exploit.

I don't know what it is, all I know is GREAT teams, do not lose the same way everytime.

Melbourne lost against the Crows a bottom side, dominating the stats, but found a way to lose to an on fire team that just executed. The Giants ran over the Dees smashing them in the middle. They lost to a top side in the Dogs, and they lost to a Collingwood that stopped them scoring. All different losses in different ways.

Meanwhile 4 of our 6 losses this year came from an early game blowout. The other losses included 2 x 4 goal opposition runs V Melb and a 2 x 5 goal opposition run V Geelong.

To say that these blowouts are not us, is just the most ignorant s**t ever. This is absolutely us, it is consistent behaviour and something we drastically need to address.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what? This is no doubt obvious to a lot of people, but I reckon Hinkley drinks his own bathwater and sees himself as, if not bigger than or too good for Port Adelaide, but its saviour.

Which is why the “when he arrived”/“Yes We Ken”/“Ken was a superhero at 11-4”/“I was a genius two weeks ago” narrative has always been so odious.

At all phases any dissent from Port people — from common plebes like us to a GOAT like Warren Tredrea — is perceived as ungrateful for services rendered, to delusional for expecting us to actually win flags, and that around this level is as good as it gets for a minnow like us, etc.

‘It’s not my fault the players didn’t get it done. I’ve done everything I can.’

A belief constantly reinforced by a previous CEO who worked at the SANFL when everything was the fault of “Port Power” and a President who refers to us as a “little club” left and right.

Doomed.
Precisely the point I was sorta trying to make. He believes he is doing great and is not taking the blame, nor understanding that Port supporters don't just accept winning most games, we want falgs. And we don't want to hear "sometimes you lose" mentality.

Geeeez I think im massively in the minority here. I didn't think his interview on 5AA was that bad. It comes across bad if you just watch the channel 9 short segment on it, as they pick the really sh*t bits.
Also for all the hard talk from Tredders leading up this, he was weak as piss in the interview.

Don't think I agree on the comments about Tredders. He's a professional media person at the end of the day and isn't going to lay into Ken as much as he (and us) would have liked.

There were plenty of subtle jabs that were quite clearly getting to Ken. Hence the "Warren" and "two weeks ago I was a genius" comments.

Ken like all of us know where Tredders stands. There's a reason the happy clappers are currently vilifying him so much despite being our only AFL premiership captain.

Geeeez I think im massively in the minority here. I didn't think his interview on 5AA was that bad. It comes across bad if you just watch the channel 9 short segment on it, as they pick the really sh*t bits.
For years now, including during Choco's reign, I've always tried to watch complete pressers or interviews with players/coaches before passing judgement. The media always run with the snippets that suit an agenda or are taken out of context.

I'm not listening to that condescending fu**head talk about how it's not really his fault as if he doesn't really care.

He doesn't know why we played badly. He didn't know why we played badly in the 30 odd times we sh*t the bed in the last decade. Sack him and hire someone who has the will and the ability to figure it out.

The downplaying of how angry supporters are is particularly galling.

the admittance that he thinks we had the perfect preparation, and has no idea wtf happened, should be grounds for instant dismissal. He is basically begging to be sacked at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back