Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooo nice. I'm gonna head down to the Port Club to have a look at the Win-Loss trophy.

lost-john-travolta.gif

The Mcclelland Trophy? We have 4.

Bingo. His best football is as a finesse linkman

A more savvy coach would see this. Yeah I savaged Todd in last weeks gameday thread when the blood was up and reasoning out the window.

I swear I saw him v Hawthorn go up for a mark with palms out and no intention of marking the ball.

David King, Kane Cornes/Caro etc... all discussing it.

There’s still far too much “what?!/why?! he’s done so well! ok the past couple of home games weren’t flash, but this feels premature!” vibes to it.

Even Robbo, who has gone harder at us than most over the years, gushed about Hawthorn being able to come here and beat us in a manner more akin to Adelaide City going to Spain and beating Real Madrid.

There’s still far too much “what?!/why?! he’s done so well! ok the past couple of home games weren’t flash, but this feels premature!” vibes to it.

Even Robbo, who has gone harder at us than most over the years, gushed about Hawthorn being able to come here and beat us in a manner more akin to Adelaide City going to Spain and beating Real Madrid.
Yeah I don't see any heat, just perplexed looks. Robbo, Chief Football writer can't even be ****ed enough to know we only win half our home games under hinkley so beating us here is no real shock.

the same powerhouse hawthorn who struggled with the spooneroos last week.

Can you imagine the vibe off a loss to Adelaide? The atmosphere among the crowd watching Melbourne tear us a new one on national TV will be a sight to behold. Mind you, we probably wont get over 20,000 people to that game....
We'll struggle to crack 20,000 for that game. The vibe amongst us supporters is becoming toxic towards Ken, which is warranted. It's on a Thursday night, most people will be working or kids have school the next day etc so it's a disaster for the club waiting to happen.

We'll probably win this week you'd say, then the Ken rose coloured glasses will pop up from Koch, Kane etc then we'll dish up our usual performance against a elite side and the status quo would resume.

Now if we lose on Friday night leading into Melbourne on a Thursday s**t will get interesting.

We'll struggle to crack 20,000 for that game. The vibe amongst us supporters is becoming toxic towards Ken, which is warranted. It's on a Thursday night, most people will be working or kids have school the next day etc so it's a disaster for the club waiting to happen.

We'll probably win this week you'd say, then the Ken rose coloured glasses will pop up from Koch, Kane etc then we'll dish up our usual performance against a elite side and the status quo would resume.

Now if we lose on Friday night leading into Melbourne on a Thursday s**t will get interesting.
For a second there I thought we had the night before Good Friday game - silly me.

We go from the Thursday night game to the Easter Sunday early game, with Collingwood (of course) playing Brisbane on the Thursday night before Easter.

Where has this stuff about Ken having health issues come from? He doesn't look that much different to me. Not a big fan of these type of rumours.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't see any heat, just perplexed looks. Robbo, Chief Football writer can't even be f’ed enough to know we only win half our home games under hinkley so beating us here is no real shock.
The fact that you still hear multiple media people talk about how difficult we are to beat at home and how we are poor on the road despite not losing in Victoria since the infamous Norf game in round 22, 2019 shows how tiny the amount of research most of them actually do is.

Given that a sacking would result in a 6 month payout, it does make me wonder if the club would be so inclined to pull the trigger earlier on this as opposed to waiting until later in the year.

As in, say the club starts off the season 1-5. Season clearly gone at that point and you're only delaying the inevitable. If you sack him then, a 6 month payout takes him getting paid through mid October. If you wait until the end of the season to sack him, that's an additional 4-5 months pay that the club would have to fork out. I understand that any interim would get a small pay rise for the rest of the season, but waiting on this if the writing is on the wall could cost the club at a minimum of 300k, possibly more.

I feel like we the supporters are Frank Grimes, Hinkley is Homer Simpson and the footy media are the rest of Springfield telling us to 'lay off Homer'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back