• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Putting aside time on weekends to watch this club play football has become something of a chore, and I'm not sure I want to waste my weekends doing it anymore. I've got better things to do with my time.
I went home at three quarter time tonight and I don't even feel slightly bad for doing it.

Oct 5, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Port Adelaide Magpies
Sign Clarkson and do it fast

clarkson.png

I wish..

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
And * this club for giving him an extension off the back of last year.

The most asterisk year the afl has ever had, and we didn't even make the grand final after sitting top all year.

He was contracted to see out this year anyway. So why the absolute * did they do it? We could be only a few weeks away from booting him out the door at zero cost to ourselves. What the ******* *.

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do note his usual it doesn't matter if we lose attitude in pregame interview again. Does anyone wonder why the team reflects the coach?

A coach with that loser attitude wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes at the Port Adelaide I grew up supporting, our standards under Koch have fallen through the floor.

WHOME

Club Legend
May 18, 2007
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I'm starting to agree with my Crow supporting mates, this isn't the real Port Adelaide est. 1870 - this is a shadow of the ruthless club I grew up supporting. Does anyone really believe Hinkley would have lasted 9 years and counting at that club? He would have been shown the door years ago. We exist to accept mediocrity.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Good on ya Hinkley... Well I guess if any of us want to go to the snow this year Melbourne supporters will be cancelling there ******* holidays. Cheers ken.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It starts with the top to set the standard. If you talk about premierships, you will see more motivation for it like last year. If you talk about beating top 4 sides not mattering, then you see this side play like it.

I'm also really close to a sack Jonas thread. Low skill level, arrogant, the backline which he is in charge of is absolute s**t this year.

OnTheWagon

Debutant
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Decided to break my no posting after a loss rule. I guess it's just a waste of breath

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
"we exist to win premierships" now "near enough is good enough"
Been that way for a while now.

Inever forget Koch saying ‘you all thought Ken was super man when he had us at 11/4’ - this was in 2018 after missing the finals. The other two teams that were 11/4 after 15 games, played off in the grand final.

we have taken the crows model from their Neil Craig days and made a worse version of it.

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
It starts with the top to set the standard. If you talk about premierships, you will see more motivation for it like last year. If you talk about beating top 4 sides not mattering, then you see this side play like it.

I'm also really close to a sack Jonas thread. Low skill level, arrogant, the backline which he is in charge of is absolute sh*t this year.

Worst coach and worst captain in our history.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
There are times when this board completely overreacts but there are some times when the board is dead accurate.

I feel the same way tonight as I did in 2019 when we lost to GWS at home.

The last 3 seasons in particular our structure forward of centre has been absolutely woeful. We've changed the player personnel, we've changed forward line coaches etc. But the head coach is still standing.

Richo went into this season saying we wanted 3 premierships in the next 5 years. Well it's obvious we arent winning it this year. Against any of the top sides we go to absolute water. This is not a "oh its a one off thing," but rather a consistent habit under Hinkley going back many years. Does anyone think this man is going to legitimately be able to fix things structurally based on the large sample size we have seen to date?

Almost every year there has been a reasonable enough excuse - be it a player that is the missing piece or a need to change the direction of the club's roster profile.

This year there are no excuses. Our roster is as good as any in the league pound for pound. And yet against good teams, it is the same story. We are not composed, we bomb it down the line or to a contest with absolutely zero thought. But Ken told.the players games against top 4 sides are just another game so I guess it doesn't really matter...and fwiw, you can't tell me that a healthy Butters, Duursma and Robbie means that we would change our playing style of bomb it to a contest aimlessly in the forward 50. This has been our trademark for many years under Ken.

The clause in all AFL coaching contracts is that if we were to move Hinkley on he would be entitled to a 6 month payout. Outside of Collingwood and possibly Carlton, no other coach is getting the sack this year. There are plenty of good coaches out there who would jump at the opportunity to coach this list.

If Richo has the balls he will sack Hinkley at the end of the season. Blind Freddy can see that we arent going to win anything with this Muppet in charge of our playing list. We cannot keep changing everything around the head coach thinking that the head coach is infallible. The time is now to be asking serious questions of the club, because they aren't serious about winning anything as long as this guy is in charge of the team.

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm starting to agree with my Crow supporting mates, this isn't the real Port Adelaide est. 1870 - this is a shadow of the ruthless club I grew up supporting. Does anyone really believe Hinkley would have lasted 9 years and counting at that club? He would have been shown the door years ago. We exist to accept mediocrity.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whilst I agree ken should of been sacked a few years ago It's not the ******* sanfl mate.

The worst part is that you know with Koch in charge there's not even a glimmer of hope that the club will make a ballsy decision and sack him, even with the plethora of experienced coaches on the market at the moment and with our premiership window rapidly closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back