Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I like about Buckley is that he has consistently not been afraid to make big personnel changes and to blood young players through. If you were on the list at Collingwood you legitimately had a chance to play every week.

You can criticise the style Collingwood have played at times this year, but one also has to be mindful of the fact that the Magpies list is one of the worst in the league. Theyre also blooding a ton of young players. Going out with a gung ho game plan but losing by over 10 goals each and every week is not conducive to developing a team. Brisbane are the exception to this but if we look at other teams in the past decade like the Gold Coast, early years of GWS, early last decade at Port etc, it didn't work.

For how bad Collingwood's situation is currently, they played Melbourne off the park today, lost to Brisbane after the siren, only lost to the Bulldogs by 16 points, lost to us by a point despite controlling 3 quarters of the game, and only lost by 10 points to Geelong. Their biggest loss of the year has been by 30 points.

I would argue that this year has been one of Bucks' better years in terms of coaching. He's just another scapegoat of a footy department that has no bloody clue on how to develop a list in today's world of the salary cap and various other drafting concessions, and a board who are holding on for dear life if nothing else.

I'd take a premiership coach of one was available and suitable, but all the living premiership coaches are either still at their clubs, retired or not suitable for various reasons.

We'd have been a better club over the last 8 years if we had Buckley at the helm and not Hinkley. We'll be a better club moving forward if we have Buckley at the helm and not Hinkley.
Choco?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

‘No Pressure Ken’ got away for years talking things down that the Club wants to improve.

This wasn’t going down with Port supporters so he went down the path we wanted to make finals.

His bullshit came to a head in 2019 when supporters wanted his head so Ken and Club said we want to win the flag. Finally he got us but he is a typical used car salesman, under promise and over deliver to make himself look good.

Last week out of no where we come up against a Geelong side for an 8 point game and says that we have nothing to prove if we win or lose?? WTF.

We had Geelong on the ropes but Ken had checked out during week and our confidence wasn’t there whenever we got a good break.

Truth is Ken can’t handle the pressure, he doesn’t get Port Adelaide. Loser mentalities that changed our motto from ‘We Exist to Win Premierships’ to ‘We Exist to Win Premierships and Make our Community Prouder’

Even if we do get a premiership this year under Ken and Co I’ll still not be satisfied, they owe us at least 3 in a row for the past shitshow.

I don’t intend to come across as a spoilt greedy brat but I am seething and I’m not proud of our recent past nor confident in the future under Ken.

Choco?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd take him back in a heart beat. He's a premiership winning coach who has a long recent track record of successful youth player development at multiple clubs. Not afraid to make hard decisions, places a huge emphasis on skill acquisition and development. And he understands the winning mentality of the club and its supporters.

Had the 2007 grand final not have turned out the way it did (I maintain the assertion Geelong were winning by 100+ regardless of who they played that day) he would have gotten a job with another team as a head coach as soon as he left Port.

The media talk about Ross Lyon as if he is a super star coach who every club should be going after. Chocos record imo is better but because he's not one of the boys there's no media sentiment toward him whatsoever.

I heard Scott was pretty close but Primus nailed it in his last presentation to the selection committee, I can recall it being talked about on radio I can also recall Chris Scott being complimentary about the process. It did seem the 'safe' option however.

I didn't hear this. I heard that Scott was the impressive candidate but had demands on preferred assistants that the club couldn't meet.

So let's sack our 9-year coach without a premiership and hire a 10-year coach without a premiership. Makes total sense.

That's if you are looking at stats.... but if you look at those stats as probabilities, one of them winning one is higher than losing one.

Preface: if nuts and candy butts, coulda, shoulda, would have..... its my gut feeling about Nathan career and the reason why it has gone the way it has. Its just an OPINION....

IF Buck didn't leave Port after winning his only "snAFL" premiership in 1992, he could have possibly had a "true AFL Premiership" in 2004 or more if he came back before signing a second time with Collingwood, having said that, I don't think we would have been a position financially to get him back.

Its all ironic, and a curse from the AFL gods IMO. I base this assessment on this:

from Wiki (u may take this with a pinch of salt). but, here is there reason:

1623678335188.png

So has Nathan ever realized that what he has been chasing for has been in his own back yard from the very start. Port was the only club to see his potential from NT.

Its a strange footy omen for this man, perhaps the FIGJAM attitude is one not smack the face footy gods with....

As much as I want Nathan to coach us to help him get his next premiership, reversing this curse needs to work. If not, he will be for ever chasing his tail or looking for his glasses that are sitting on his head, and that can not be good for us.

I say to those who want the prison bar jumper and dont want to see Bucks back, why not?

Is it a case of: you can take the boy out of Port, but you cant take the Port out of the boy?

Nathan could be a good fit, but me thinks he has another job ready an waiting for him, ala Ross Lyon style, chasing something that he already has. Is he slapping for the footy gods again, or is it the start of the release of the curse by being humble.

In all seriousness, he could be a very good fit, I believe Nathan has done his apprenticeship being an AFL senior coach. You have to lose a premiership to learn how to win it next time, that is a stat that Bucks has on Ken as a coach.

I didn't hear this. I heard that Scott was the impressive candidate but had demands on preferred assistants that the club couldn't meet.

Primus was the only one we could afford at the time who would take it on with out all those demands.

The hard edge we had last year is well and truly gone. There was an element of ruthlessness about the club in its 150th, now it appears at least from the footy dept's perspective is that we're just happy to be close enough without truly having a crack in 2021.

This is what disappoints me the most but we've been down this road b4 with Ken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Primus was the only one we could afford at the time who would take it on with out all those demands.

Hard to know the real truth. I remember Rohde declaring on 5aa that he had informed interested candidates to basically not apply and Montgomery was one of them. Monty confirmed it too. We had a board that worked differently then.

One thing I like about Buckley is that he has consistently not been afraid to make big personnel changes and to blood young players through. If you were on the list at Collingwood you legitimately had a chance to play every week.

You can criticise the style Collingwood have played at times this year, but one also has to be mindful of the fact that the Magpies list is one of the worst in the league. Theyre also blooding a ton of young players. Going out with a gung ho game plan but losing by over 10 goals each and every week is not conducive to developing a team. Brisbane are the exception to this but if we look at other teams in the past decade like the Gold Coast, early years of GWS, early last decade at Port etc, it didn't work.

For how bad Collingwood's situation is currently, they played Melbourne off the park today, lost to Brisbane after the siren, only lost to the Bulldogs by 16 points, lost to us by a point despite controlling 3 quarters of the game, and only lost by 10 points to Geelong. Their biggest loss of the year has been by 30 points.

I would argue that this year has been one of Bucks' better years in terms of coaching. He's just another scapegoat of a footy department that has no bloody clue on how to develop a list in today's world of the salary cap and various other drafting concessions, and a board who are holding on for dear life if nothing else.
This, good post.

It's sad to think that the PAFC used to be one of the smartest pro active clubs around. How in hell have we let Hinkley dupe us for so long, it almost feels like he has stolen our club.

The man is wiping his arse with the creed.

The AFL run us that’s why.
Adelaide Oval is hard to make money at, we need crowds, sustained mid top table success.... to keep everyone happy.

A premiership is just a lucky luxury now.

That's if you are looking at stats.... but if you look at those stats as probabilities, one of them winning one is higher than losing one.

Preface: if nuts and candy butts, coulda, shoulda, would have..... its my gut feeling about Nathan career and the reason why it has gone the way it has. Its just an OPINION....

IF Buck didn't leave Port after winning his only "snAFL" premiership in 1992, he could have possibly had a "true AFL Premiership" in 2004 or more if he came back before signing a second time with Collingwood, having said that, I don't think we would have been a position financially to get him back.

Its all ironic, and a curse from the AFL gods IMO. I base this assessment on this:

from Wiki (u may take this with a pinch of salt). but, here is there reason:

View attachment 1155483

So has Nathan ever realized that what he has been chasing for has been in his own back yard from the very start. Port was the only club to see his potential from NT.

Its a strange footy omen for this man, perhaps the FIGJAM attitude is one not smack the face footy gods with....

As much as I want Nathan to coach us to help him get his next premiership, reversing this curse needs to work. If not, he will be for ever chasing his tail or looking for his glasses that are sitting on his head, and that can not be good for us.

I say to those who want the prison bar jumper and dont want to see Bucks back, why not?

Is it a case of: you can take the boy out of Port, but you cant take the Port out of the boy?

Nathan could be a good fit, but me thinks he has another job ready an waiting for him, ala Ross Lyon style, chasing something that he already has. Is he slapping for the footy gods again, or is it the start of the release of the curse by being humble.

In all seriousness, he could be a very good fit, I believe Nathan has done his apprenticeship being an AFL senior coach. You have to lose a premiership to learn how to win it next time, that is a stat that Bucks has on Ken as a coach.

“Port was the only club to see his potential from the NT”

That’s just completely made up.

His father Ray who had played at Woodville sent him to Port.

Maybe the AFL has had an influence on us having to keep Hinkley at the club. See how he defends them any chance he gets in media conferences and Koch too. The AFL have their finger in alot of pies including our magpies. We just seem to tow the line and never complain about s**t the AFL does to disadvantage us.

Maybe the AFL has had an influence on us having to keep Hinkley at the club. See how he defends them any chance he gets in media conferences and Koch too. The AFL have their finger in alot of pies including our magpies. We just seem to tow the line and never complain about sh*t the AFL does to disadvantage us.

We are in the big league now. Be quiet and learn your place...

Keniocre has to go.

But he won't while our board are dependent on the AFL to reappoint them.
Which won't change either ever (because debt lol Portz) or until we can buy back control of our own board.

As at 2015 it was like this, I'm not aware of what has changed since then.

Do we have the opportunity to buy back control of our board in 2028 like the crows, or are we too small a club to do that?

Enjoy your generation of mediocre s**t, look at your 2004 stubby holders and be content like good little pond dwellers.
Only Victorian clubs can be trusted to control their own matters, because you know, VFL.

1623713144776.png

Last edited:
Keniocre has to go.

But he won't while our board are dependent on the AFL to reappoint them.
Which won't change either ever (because debt lol Portz) or until we can buy back control of our own board.

As at 2015 it was like this, I'm not aware of what has changed since then.

Do we have the opportunity to buy back control of our board in 2028 like the crows, or are we too small a club to do that?

Enjoy your generation of mediocre sh*t, look at your 2004 stubby holders and be content like good little pond dwellers.
Only Victorian clubs can be trusted to control their own matters, because you know, VFL.

View attachment 1155602

The irony of AFL control is that they want the Crows to be the WCE of South Australia, so boost them accordingly with timeslots and umpiring.

What they failed to realise was that Port should have been the ones boosted to create a 'Powerhouse" plus ongoing concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back