Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that we didn't hire Scott because of his demands, he came out and said he was disappointed in being second to the job. It makes no sense for a relatively new assistant like him back then to put out 'demands'.

Pretty certain it was more that the board took the easy choice in getting a favourite son in because it was unheard of to get a non Port person as senior coach and also everyone involved in Primus' selection were excluded from the Ken hire.

We fell for the dead cat bounce of the moderately successful caretaker coach. The Richmond game at Docklands in the last round would have pushed Primus over the line. And we nearly lost that from 10 goals up.

We fell for the dead cat bounce of the moderately successful caretaker coach. The Richmond game at Docklands in the last round would have pushed Primus over the line. And we nearly lost that from 10 goals up.
I hope my recollection is accurate, but I reckon that in amongst those few good wins there was also a game against the Saints that we lost and I remember a few alarm bells while I watched that.

This year makes us look good. We seem to be at around 7-8 especially by some kind of elimination series. From 9-18 are generally wins for the top 8 unlike previous seasons.

Collingwood Saints and Crows Carlton as doubles.

We arent living to our true potential.

We are supposed to win 7 of the last 10 games but if we hmgo 0 fron 3 from the top 8 we are wasting away with hinkley.

If we go out in elimination get Buckley and give him the job

I hope my recollection is accurate, but I reckon that in amongst those few good wins there was also a game against the Saints that we lost and I remember a few alarm bells while I watched that.

Had to have a look .... Saints belted us by 94 points at Docklands. Schneider kicked 3 goals, Milne and Riewoldt 4 each.

As I recall Port did one of those supporter tours the week after and I asked Matt Thomas how Milne and Schneider kept walking into open goals and he said they had some clever transition idea when Saints swapped mids and forwards and we would swap the midfield tag with the half back, but they kept catching us out because we weren't quick enough with the changeover.

Had to have a look .... Saints belted us by 94 points at Docklands. Schneider kicked 3 goals, Milne and Riewoldt 4 each.

As I recall Port did one of those supporter tours the week after and I asked Matt Thomas how Milne and Schneider kept walking into open goals and he said they had some clever transition idea when Saints swapped mids and forwards and we would swap the midfield tag with the half back, but they kept catching us out because we weren't quick enough with the changeover.
That’s the game, but I'd forgotten just how badly we were beaten, just that it was a wake up call that there was no magic bullet after all.

That’s the game, but I'd forgotten just how badly we were beaten, just that it was a wake up call that there was no magic bullet after all.

Matt might have been politely saying that as soon as Kane's tag started moving forward, he no longer took responsibility. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guessing around...

sack Hinkley 7 - 13 years 0 premierships

Is when he will get his marching orders..
bUt HaRdWIcK tOoK 8 YeArs BeFoRe HiS FiRsT PrEmIeRsHiP.

If we go out in elimination get Buckley and give him the job
No no no no no no no no no god please no no no.
Buckley is the only person I wouldn't take over Hinkley. One of Ken's strength is his relationship with the players, and yeah many different coaches have that same ability, but Buckley is one of the coaches that does not. And that's coupled with his incompetent Hinkley-like coaching. He pissed away an all-time great list that he inherited from one of the greats of the game in Malthouse and continued to piss off great players and have them leave. Plenty of the Collingwood players could have retired there like Heath Shaw, Dale Thomas, Travis Cloke, Nathan Brown but instead left and often because they did not mesh well with Buckley. He also has a 117-99-2 W/L/D record which is what those in this thread don't want, an ok record. We want to WIN FLAGS FARKEN!!!! I'd urge Port to not take Buckley under any circumstances. He is not the man and the only downgrade on Ken, we'll be back where we started.

^ Further I am confident that Hinkley had a winning record against Buckley, which doesn't say much for Bucks really. Pass.
The Port Adelaide thing to do would be to announce we have Signed Clarkson in early October.

No no no no no no no no no god please no no no.
Buckley is the only person I wouldn't take over Hinkley. One of Ken's strength is his relationship with the players, and yeah many different coaches have that same ability, but Buckley is one of the coaches that does not. And that's coupled with his incompetent Hinkley-like coaching. He pissed away an all-time great list that he inherited from one of the greats of the game in Malthouse and continued to piss off great players and have them leave. Plenty of the Collingwood players could have retired there like Heath Shaw, Dale Thomas, Travis Cloke, Nathan Brown but instead left and often because they did not mesh well with Buckley. He also has a 117-99-2 W/L/D record which is what those in this thread don't want, an ok record. We want to WIN FLAGS FARKEN!!!! I'd urge Port to not take Buckley under any circumstances. He is not the man and the only downgrade on Ken, we'll be back where we started.

“Buckley is the only downgrade on Ken” is one of the top-5 BigFooty statements that have blown my hair back.

Are we still hiring our savior Nathan "I lost a Grand Final by less than a kick" Buckley?

Nathan "coached a super rich club for the last 10 years and no flags" Buckley?

Nathan "had a fully funded football department but it's Dom Sheed's fault he doesn't have a premiership" Buckley?

Nathan "Collingwood is a mess but they've only been a mess since 2020 but we'll pretend they've been a mess for 10 years to give him an excuse and because Ken" Buckley?

Nathan "At least he made a Grand Final and that's good enough but Ken didn't lol Ken" Buckley?

Some people here are cooked I swear.

it would be better if we could keep ken outside of the head coach role but obviously not going to happen.

He has something about him that the players love it’s just not translating to performances on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back