When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sack Hinkley.

Discuss his replacement here;

Nah no chance I'd take Leon Cameron over Bucks or Ken. Not even close.
Fair point, I'd forgotten about him lol
Are we still hiring our savior Nathan "I lost a Grand Final by less than a kick" Buckley?

Nathan "coached a super rich club for the last 10 years and no flags" Buckley?

Nathan "had a fully funded football department but it's Dom Sheed's fault he doesn't have a premiership" Buckley?

Nathan "Collingwood is a mess but they've only been a mess since 2020 but we'll pretend they've been a mess for 10 years to give him an excuse and because Ken" Buckley?

Nathan "At least he made a Grand Final and that's good enough but Ken didn't lol Ken" Buckley?

Some people here are cooked I swear.
Furthermore that one Mason Cox performance in the prelim was all that decided whether Collingwood made that Grand Final in 2018. Bucks really had no excuses, it was Collingwood's biggest mistake to ditch a proven superstar in Malthouse and bring an unproven, untried Buckley into the spotlight. Needless to say their last two coaches from inside the club (Buckley and Tony Shaw) coached zero premierships. The last two coaches from outside (Leigh Matthews and Mick Malthouse) were their last two premiership coaches.

Are we still hiring our savior Nathan "I lost a Grand Final by less than a kick" Buckley?

Nathan "coached a super rich club for the last 10 years and no flags" Buckley?

Nathan "had a fully funded football department but it's Dom Sheed's fault he doesn't have a premiership" Buckley?

Nathan "Collingwood is a mess but they've only been a mess since 2020 but we'll pretend they've been a mess for 10 years to give him an excuse and because Ken" Buckley?

Nathan "At least he made a Grand Final and that's good enough but Ken didn't lol Ken" Buckley?

Some people here are cooked I swear.

Ah well, guess we’ll have to make do with Ken “if Robbie Gray didn’t exist I’d have long been back to selling cars in a frigid sh¡thole” Hinkley.

Ken's lovability to players just might not be a strength.
Nailed it. Non ruthless coach and non ruthless senior players without mental strength is one main reason why the same s**t has been happening for years, ie losing close games, not being able to mow down a defecit and maintain momentum etc etc. Thursday night a classic example. 10 points up on our home deck, last quarter then get out scored 5 goals to zip.

Nailed it. Non ruthless coach and non ruthless senior players without mental strength is one main reason why the same sh*t has been happening for years, ie losing close games, not being able to mow down a defecit and maintain momentum etc etc. Thursday night a classic example. 10 points up on our home deck, last quarter then get out scored 5 goals to zip.
Yep couldn’t agree more

the whole joint needs a shake up and some ruthless replacements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, I was 50/50 putting this in, however, when i watched that final in 1992, Buckley to me was the next Ebert for the club, but he left to greener pastures at the time. Thats why I kept the statement it.

I love the PB Jumper and want to us to play with them, and seeing him in that final is giving me flash backs.

Its off the cuff comment....

I don't know how anyone could look at the mess Collingwood is in and want to hire the first/second most influential person from that club.

I don't know how anyone could look at the mess Collingwood is in and want to hire the first/second most influential person from that club.
I'm not that keen on Buckley either but I think the people around him are responsible for the mess that he's been scapegoated for. Similar to Don Pyke a few years ago.

Just think, we will all be back on this thread next season, Ken will still be "coaching" and our club will be sliding down the ladder while the tingles pass us by. I don't know if I can do another year of Hinckley, let alone condone his position by paying my membership.
Please Port if you really value community and your supporters, act before it's too late.
My deepest apologies to Robbie Gray and Travis Boak, who will be robbed of that premiership because of inept coaching.
Such a waste of talent.

Last edited:
I'm not that keen on Buckley either but I think the people around him are responsible for the mess that he's been scapegoated for. Similar to Don Pyke a few years ago.

The list management stuff, sure. On field thats on him. No different to Hinkley.

Don Pyke was scapegoated for the disastrous camp. Totally different situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back