Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are you basing your comment of seriously doubt he gives them that much control.

The team was sluggish yesterday, and has been on occasion in the past, but in general, most weeks they show up to play. You don't finish first and second without showing up more often than not.

One would even argue that it was a prelim, no motivation was necessary. It could even be nutritional, who knows? Nobody outside the club is in a position to speculate accurately.
More often than not*

*except when it matters.

#sackken

Tredders is on board. He just liked my tweet in reply to people arguing we.couldnt afford to pay out Hinkley 2 years worth of contract l, saying that a coach only has to be paid out 6 months, not the full contract.

Make it happen Wazza.
Please put public pressure on Warren.

We need it.

P.s. can you speak to Kane and afew of those Vic nuffies.

#sackken

We looked a million dollars with Walsh and Richardson.

We then fell away badly when they left.

We're now building again. Anyone who thinks the assistants don't play a massive part in a teams success /failure is kidding themselves. They're just as important as the head coach.
So you're saying sack Hinkley and promote one of his current assistants.

I've already said that if I had my way, he would have been sacked years ago when we were struggling. I now think we're very close, and sacking the coach will set our timeline back.

Isolating his performance over the past two years alone, it's been good. Prelims are not easy to get to.

I'm firmly of the belief the previous years are irrelevant given the improvement in the last 2 seasons. Finishing first and second, and 2x prelims.
Pardon the intrusion but i felt compelled to respond to this. You say you are close and that may be so but, you don't appear to be factoring in that apart from Geelong all the sides that finished in the top 8 this year could really step it up a gear or two next year if things get back to normal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🎶 Whispering our goodbyes, waiting for the train, I was dancing with my baby, in the summer rain

images

Ken Hinkley was cursed by the footy gods in Round 4 2014 after dropping Butch for the Lions walkover.

And rightly so.

Last edited:
Pardon the intrusion but i felt compelled to respond to this. You say you are close and that may be so but, you don't appear to be factoring in that apart from Geelong all the sides that finished in the top 8 this year could really step it up a gear or two next year if things get back to normal.
And. Not sure of the relevance. Those teams might have crap years.

All of our eggs in Tredders' basket. Kane will be Kane but the bloke is as thick as 2 posts, a few years ago he couldn't work out how a teams % had fallen after a win.

Absolutely correct.

And that doesn't even take in to account those outside the 8 that could leapfrog us, like Melbourne did this year. Look at Freo. If they can get a player for Cerra they could be right up there. Richmond will bounce back with a full pre-season for the first time in years. West Coast unlikely to have the injury toll of this year. Then you have Saints who played finals last year and the Hawks and Blues who look s**t but are total wildcards.

We may never get an opportunity as good as the one we had this weekend for any player currently on our list again. That's the reality of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back