Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boaky on the news: It hurts right now but it makes us more excited & hungrier for next year.

That would be something you would say after losing like last year, 6 points to the eventual premier. Mate use never turned up to play, give us a break.

They are all brain washed with the same spin.

Let me tell you I attended the Geelong final and someone took offence at the old guy sitting next to me putting two fingers up to the umpire ! Security were called and he was told to stop it. I couldn't believe it.
I like you followed the Magpies home and away for years and it was a place for passionate supporters to let of a bit of steam and we gave as good as we got.
Even as recently as 1999, at the SANFL GF between Port and Norwood, I was sitting behind a Norwood supporter and we were going back and forth all day, arguing with each other from our biased viewpoints over just about everything that was happening on the field. It wasn't exactly good natured but it wasn't personal abuse either, it was just two old fashioned diehard supporters going at each other in the way we had learned to do so.

After it was over, we stood up, patted each other on the back, shook hands and went our separate ways. I guess, in our own way, we had as supporters mirrored what the players on the field had just done.

Kenny was moving Schofield out of the midfield, I’d say that had a large part to do with him leaving.
Yep, he intimidated as much on 5aa this afternoon.

If he does have intentions to coach the club (and no doubt he does), it makes perfect sense for him to leave the club now.

This point needs to be made to management. Who was there when crowds were 12-15k? Only the most passionate. The same ones you are dismissing now
They don't need to pander to us. They know we'll be there when we go back to crowds of 12K.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing worse than mum getting involved, embarrassing for Connor.
She should STFU people paid good money to see that shyt show Saturday night what was she expecting a Lords members round of applause as they left the ground?
All right for her supporting a team that’s won one premiership since Dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
The players and coaches deserve all they cop and if they think people will just forget about this then they are in for a rude shock.

I think these attitudes are a symptom of a spectator sport that has become gentrified.

It used to be a working class sport and going to watch it was a working class activity.

Now it's been turned into entertainment for the middle class theatre-goers, with all of the faux-politeness, self-righteousness and intellectual bankruptcy so characteristic of that demographic.

When I went to watch Port as a kid and young adult, I felt like I was making a connection with my community and supporting those who represented it and what it stood for. Every time I went to Alberton or any of the away grounds I felt like I was getting an education, learning about life through exposure to the raw, unrestrained emotions and reactions of the crowd to what they were seeing on the field. The experience of hearing the shouting, yelling, swearing and abuse directed by spectators to the players, umpires and each other was what made it enjoyable and memorable. It was real passion and authentic emotion on display. It was a place where people could go, put the daily drudgery of life on hold for a few hours and vent their emotions.

It's nothing like that now. You go there now and it's people complaining if you cheer too loud or boo or yell abuse at a player or umpire. There's no banter to be had with anyone. You're basically just expected to sit there quietly and clap politely when told to and enjoy the "experience" regardless of whether your team wins or loses. It's just become sanitised, packaged entertainment that's little different from a night at the theatre.

This gentrification process has inevitably created people like Mrs Rozee, who have no sense of accountability to their community and can't accept criticism from individuals in the form of words or from the collective in the form of boos, and whose first instinct is to make authoritarian demands for the shutting down of all dissent because it offends their faux-sensibilities.

You now find a multitude of these types at every game now and, over time, it has definitely dampened my enthusiasm for attending games. I had already cut back on attendance before covid hit and, at this stage, can't really see myself going back when things return to normal.
That’s about the best post I have read on BF 👍

I think these attitudes are a symptom of a spectator sport that has become gentrified.

It used to be a working class sport and going to watch it was a working class activity.

Now it's been turned into entertainment for the middle class theatre-goers, with all of the faux-politeness, self-righteousness and intellectual bankruptcy so characteristic of that demographic.

When I went to watch Port as a kid and young adult, I felt like I was making a connection with my community and supporting those who represented it and what it stood for. Every time I went to Alberton or any of the away grounds I felt like I was getting an education, learning about life through exposure to the raw, unrestrained emotions and reactions of the crowd to what they were seeing on the field. The experience of hearing the shouting, yelling, swearing and abuse directed by spectators to the players, umpires and each other was what made it enjoyable and memorable. It was real passion and authentic emotion on display. It was a place where people could go, put the daily drudgery of life on hold for a few hours and vent their emotions.

It's nothing like that now. You go there now and it's people complaining if you cheer too loud or boo or yell abuse at a player or umpire. There's no banter to be had with anyone. You're basically just expected to sit there quietly and clap politely when told to and enjoy the "experience" regardless of whether your team wins or loses. It's just become sanitised, packaged entertainment that's little different from a night at the theatre.

This gentrification process has inevitably created people like Mrs Rozee, who have no sense of accountability to their community and can't accept criticism from individuals in the form of words or from the collective in the form of boos, and whose first instinct is to make authoritarian demands for the shutting down of all dissent because it offends their faux-sensibilities.

You now find a multitude of these types at every game now and, over time, it has definitely dampened my enthusiasm for attending games. I had already cut back on attendance before covid hit and, at this stage, can't really see myself going back when things return to normal.

For me, football was an outlet where I’d go and no matter what was going on in life, it wouldn’t matter because I’d just be enjoying the game with my family.

But that enjoyment dried up years ago under Hinkley. Now it’s almost a chore watching this mediocre mess.

If Bassett stays in the forwards role next year will be no different just ugly entries & ugly football, they don't care about hitting lead ups & scoring fluency it's all about locking it in.

I’m sure the follow the orders of Ken.

I like Bass, he’s a smart cat, his boss is a carsalesman from Camperdown.

Surely this talk of a coaching shuffle will mean Bassett gets moved from the forward line, it's our most glaring coaching deficiency (aside from the senior idiot). That would be one small positive amid the likely whitewash, but I fear it would make too much sense for our administration.

Surely this talk of a coaching shuffle will mean Bassett gets moved from the forward line, it's our most glaring coaching deficiency (aside from the senior idiot). That would be one small positive amid the likely whitewash, but I fear it would make too much sense for our administration.
We've done this before. Shuffling assistants doesn't overcome a dud senior coach.

This was posted on a Port Adelaide facebook page, and the great man Tredders even commented on it voicing his approval of your post.

241397715_411393723681523_2756550749344904514_n.jpg

Reminds me of those parents that would complain in the juniors that there kid who couldn't kick a footy wasn't getting enough playing time.
Got a reply from Richo.

Hi Name removed.

Thanks for taking the time to email me on Monday and my apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

I understand the hurt and disappointment, we all feel that.

If there was a path which guarantees we go one step further in 2022 and we are assured a Grand Final and shot at a Premiership, of course we would take it. Clearly that doesn’t exist and our job is to analyse the reality on the information we have, and make decisions which will give us the best chance to have that opportunity in 2022.

That’s exactly what we’ll be doing and it started on Monday. I appreciate that not everyone will agree with that and I totally respect people are entitled to their views and express those openly.

Disappointingly, I’ll make sure the membership team cancel your memberships for 2022.

Best regards

Matthew

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] Matthew Richardson [/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Chief Executive Officer[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Port Adelaide Football Club[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]Member [Removed][/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"][/TD]
[TD valign="top"]|[/TD][TD valign="top"][/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] E mrichardson@pafc.com.au [/TD][TD valign="top"]|[/TD][TD valign="top"] portadelaidefc.com.au [/TD]
[/TD]
[/TD]
If Richo was really analysing the information ahead of 2022 Ken would be packing his office up not doing a pre prepared bullshit radio interview tomorrow.

She should STFU people paid good money to see that shyt show Saturday night what was she expecting a Lords members round of applause as they left the ground?
All right for her supporting a team that’s won one premiership since Dinosaurs roamed the Earth.
The players and coaches deserve all they cop and if they think people will just forget about this then they are in for a rude shock.
If they put some effort in Saturday night they wouldn't of gotten ****ed boooed!

Boo! Boo! Ya ******* soft useless *s. Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!

I have never before genuinely felt the compulsion to boo the team until Saturday night. Prior to Saturday i'd generally just sit there simmering internally like D-Fens in the opening car scene in Falling Down.
Then on Saturday night i did both. Booed them off at half time, then got up late in the 3rd quarter and said "I'm going home".

Were u in the western stand? We may have cuddled…

Yep. I had 2 members tix but could rarely get anyone to come with me. Used to stand on the concourse, carefully managing my 3 cups of West End as to not blow over on the trek home. Used to stand near this crazy dude, who used to yell the most ridiculous s**t but it kept me amused. That game was meandering to another meaningless defeat when we just got a sniff in the last quarter. When Schulz kicked that 55 metre set shot near the old scoreboard you could just feel the energy rising. There were only 15k there but FMD it felt like 40. Just a rousing win. One of my top 5 in our AFL era.

We've done this before. Shuffling assistants doesn't overcome a dud senior coach.
I know. I think Bassett was the defense coach in the past so I'm not sure where else they could put him now. I just remember our pre-Bassett forward line was a bit more functional and productive than the rubbish of the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back