Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1637452663662.png

"You're probably not going to convince the true believers, but I would appeal to people to examine the evidence, the real evidence, rather than relying on Facebook." - Tim Medham, Australian Sceptics

View attachment 1284422

"You're probably not going to convince the true believers, but I would appeal to people to examine the evidence, the real evidence, rather than relying on Facebook." - Tim Medham, Australian Sceptics

enter thundercloucci with Hinkley’s overall win/loss percentage (which includes 40 wins against teams that a Make-A-Wish kid could’ve autopiloted his way to as caretaker).

Man United have sacked the coach after how long? Not bloody ten yrs I know that much.

A beloved ex-player too. As opposed to some random who helped engineer two of the most embarrassing defeats in club history before getting here.

man united have become such a soft loser club that they put out a video of their terrible now ex-manager talking about how he's "set the club up for the future" and "did the best he can" and all this unbelievable s**t. unfortunately, you can see PAFC putting something exactly like this together thanking kenny for his service and the way he pulled us out of the mire.

man united have become such a soft loser club that they put out a video of their terrible now ex-manager talking about how he's "set the club up for the future" and "did the best he can" and all this unbelievable sh*t. unfortunately, you can see PAFC putting something exactly like this together thanking kenny for his service and the way he pulled us out of the mire.

I’ve already seen myriad people claim Ken, Koch and Keith saved the club — even going so far as to credit them for core strategies, happenings and accomplishments that occurred before any of them arrived — so I’m strapped in and ready 🥰

I’ve already seen myriad people claim Ken, Koch and Keith saved the club — even going so far as to credit them for core strategies, happenings and accomplishments that occurred before any of them arrived — so I’m strapped in and ready 🥰
Yeah, I've already said the response is set for the happy clappers. When they go if we improve it's because the 3K's set it all up. If we're the same, we'll get 'Why did we sack Ken?!'. If we have a dip, as he wasted long playing stars Gray and Boak, then it's 'Where are all the Ken haters now we're worse?!!!'. The one we aren't getting is any admittance that Ken (and Koch and even Keith) should have been moved on earlier.

Yeah, I've already said the response is set for the happy clappers. When they go if we improve it's because the 3K's set it all up. If we're the same, we'll get 'Why did we sack Ken?!'. If we have a dip, as he wasted long playing stars Gray and Boak, then it's 'Where are all the Ken haters now we're worse?!!!'. The one we aren't getting is any admittance that Ken (and Koch and even Keith) should have been moved on earlier.

i can see why you're the tipping champion, nothing gets past you :grinv1:

Me, gunning for Kochie, Richo and the rest of the board when they extend Ken's contract again...

5v2ns3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if you accept the premise that K-cubed guided the club from insolvent minnow to stable contender, I will never give up on citing Claudio Ranieri as Exhibit A in the People vs Hinkley trial.

Aston Villa sacked their manager after 5 straight losses. A manager who was a boyhood Villa fan, took over midseason when they were 15th in the Championship, got them promoted that year, improved every season and is genuinely one of the most likable people in football. I think if he'd had more time he'd have gotten things back on track, but the owners are ambitious and want results.

As much as I think it's a bit harsh, erring on the side of ruthless is much, much better than Koching up deluxe and never holding anyone accountable for anything.

Aston Villa sacked their manager after 5 straight losses. A manager who was a boyhood Villa fan, took over midseason when they were 15th in the Championship, got them promoted that year, improved every season and is genuinely one of the most likable people in football. I think if he'd had more time he'd have gotten things back on track, but the owners are ambitious and want results.

As much as I think it's a bit harsh, erring on the side of ruthless is much, much better than Koching up deluxe and never holding anyone accountable for anything.
You can't even compare the way Premier League clubs are run to AFL clubs. It's something like 6-8 out of 20 managers in the Premier League have been sacked and replaced already, the season is only 11 games old. There isn't the longevity being a manager in the Premier League outside of Guardiola, Klopp and not many else that we see in the AFL. If Koch was in charge of a English football club they'd be languishing in League Two after consecutive relegations with him saying we're on a path etc while the fans protest.

I agree with getting Hinkley out, his almost decade at our club has proven what he is. It's just laughable we're all still here saying what the club needs but the ones who make the call don't make it.

You can't even compare the way Premier League clubs are run to AFL clubs. It's something like 6-8 out of 20 managers in the Premier League have been sacked and replaced already, the season is only 11 games old. There isn't the longevity being a manager in the Premier League outside of Guardiola, Klopp and not many else that we see in the AFL. If Koch was in charge of a English football club they'd be languishing in League Two after consecutive relegations with him saying we're on a path etc while the fans protest.

I agree with getting Hinkley out, his almost decade at our club has proven what he is. It's just laughable we're all still here saying what the club needs but the ones who make the call don't make it.
You aren't wrong, but the flipside of this is come round 11 next year literally no other club in the entire 125 year history of VFL/AFL has ever given a head coach more chances without even a grand final appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back