Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Clarkson fakes interest in joining Essendon.
2) North Melbourne make a play for Hinkley.
3) Clarkson is free to move to Port Adelaide.
4) ???
5) 8======D

Confused Gary Coleman GIF

the two aren't mutually exclusive, you can hold a sign about the coach whilst also cheering every time robbie gets the ball and giving him a send off at the end

There may be more to play out in the silly season, but if port are stuck with Hinkley in 2023 then From day 1 of preseason it is up to we the members to put pressure on Hinkley and the club. Turning up with signs, pitch forks etc at all events and open training sessions. Protests at Alberton etc. The pressure needs to be heaped on ken, Koch, Ricoh and the board. It is time that we stood together and take our beloved club back.
I know there's a lot of change needed at the Club, but I think the photocopiers are the least of our worries :p.

Getting rolled in Robbie's goodbye game in a showdown would be the shiticing on the shitcake of Hinkley's tenure. I don't know if I could survive us putting in a disgraceful performance in another commemorative game this year. With everything else that's happened this season with Collingwood, North, GWS and Essendon, with coaches that have had far less time to deliver than Ken, with less talent....

I can't see how anything less than a Premiership can result in anything that looks like a win for us next year. If it's truly the money, then the people that extended him need to be held accountable. If we don't win a premiership next season, what are we even doing?

View attachment 1479388

Congratulations on purchasing your Ken Hinkley starter pack!

Your Hinkley comes with:

1x Binding 10 year contract
4x Lowering blinds
1x Fold out chair
1x Excuse manual
1x Dead rubber win
0x Hope for the future

*Game plan not included
And if you buy now you will receive an ongoing annual delivery of an ineffective small forward. Collect them all or trade them with your favourite state league sides

Getting rolled in Robbie's goodbye game in a showdown would be the shiticing on the shitcake of Hinkley's tenure. I don't know if I could survive us putting in a disgraceful performance in another commemorative game this year. With everything else that's happened this season with Collingwood, North, GWS and Essendon, with coaches that have had far less time to deliver than Ken, with less talent....

I can't see how anything less than a Premiership can result in anything that looks like a win for us next year. If it's truly the money, then the people that extended him need to be held accountable. If we don't win a premiership next season, what are we even doing?
Hinkley is incapable of coaching a team to a preliminary final win let alone win a premiership. 2023 is going to be a complete write off and financially detrimental to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the two aren't mutually exclusive, you can hold a sign about the coach whilst also cheering every time robbie gets the ball and giving him a send off at the end

I agree. But factor in the media's reaction, because there will be one. They're not going to also report your cheering for Robbie that for sure.
Is not the best course of action to get as many supporters / members on board as possible without alienating the those same people ?
I prefer to pick appropriate times to fight and gain support rather than score a point that will be discredited by many because of a (perceived) lack of respect.

There is a time and place for all things. IMO, Saturday is Robbie's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back