Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Ken has more passion for the job now he's out of contract is what Joshy means.
Amazing the motivation this out of contract year. Good ol' "wouldn't change a thing" Hinkley is a blight on Port Adelaide FC's history and all records of his association should be deleted forthwith.

I just find it incredible that 2022 was:
-He has to win the flag
-He has to at least make the grand final
-He has to at least finish top 4 and make a prelim
-He has to at least make the 8
-He has to at least beat top sides
-He has to at least win the last couple of games against bottom 4 teams

To 2023 starting with....
-He has to make a prelim

How stupid do they think we actually are?
I know right funny how it always changes….

free fall episode 6 GIF

Every port fan after Hinkley is still the coach for round 1.

👀

I want to believe this is early managed messaging about a more-likely-than-not transition happening more-likely-than-not at the end of the season but I struggle to believe we could be quite this professional about it.

Not talking about Josh - I mean the club of course, given some of the tone-deaf-ery of recent years ;)

After the last few coaching decisions re Ken it seems in character for our current board and footy department to pick as the next one a "name" we may feel hard to attack but also going without competitive process. Taking a risk in footy performance by taking a risk skimping on process. Being risk averse in the sense of choosing a "popular" candidate most likely not inclined to rock the boat but taking the risk (and the lower cost?) of a first time senior coach.

I want to believe this is early managed messaging about a more-likely-than-not transition happening more-likely-than-not at the end of the season but I struggle to believe we could be quite this professional about it.

Not talking about Josh - I mean the club of course, given some of the tone-deaf-ery of recent years ;)

After the last few coaching decisions re Ken it seems in character for our current board and footy department to pick as the next one a "name" we may feel hard to attack but also going without competitive process. Taking a risk in footy performance by taking a risk skimping on process. Being risk averse in the sense of choosing a "popular" candidate most likely not inclined to rock the boat but taking the risk (and the lower cost?) of a first time senior coach.
They'd never do that!!

Ask Matty Primus!

What troubles me is that I find myself daydreaming about filling my car boot with donuts and heading down to alberton to stand out in the carpark just pelting them at the front door until I get arrested.... could this be the vision of my future?
Coke zeros might be more effective than the donuts.

What troubles me is that I find myself daydreaming about filling my car boot with donuts and heading down to alberton to stand out in the carpark just pelting them at the front door until I get arrested.... could this be the vision of my future?

If you got this pitch shot by film students it’d end up on Eat Carpet for sure.

Got my hair cut yesterday and I was chatting to my barber about the zoo, and he described the Pandas as a "real Ken Hinkley situation".

10 long years. Millions and millions of dollars. A promise of success that was never going to come, to the point where we were probably getting swindled from day 1. They are boring and never do anything. A massive opportunity cost where we could have had any number of far better options with the same budget and commitment.

Got my hair cut yesterday and I was chatting to my barber about the zoo, and he described the Pandas as a "real Ken Hinkley situation".

10 long years. Millions and millions of dollars. A promise of success that was never going to come, to the point where we were probably getting swindled from day 1. They are boring and never do anything. A massive opportunity cost where we could have had any number of far better options with the same budget and commitment.
Funi to be renamed David Koch, Wang Wang to be renamed Ken Hinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What Assistant Coaches say in the media has absolutely no relevence to how they feel. Especially under Hinkley. They toe the company line more than anybody. Make no mistake, Josh Carr is the heir apparent and would climb over Hinkley's dead corpse and spit on it on the way through to get the Top Job. I just hope it happens mid season rather than at the end of the season.

This is such a good analogy.

What Assistant Coaches say in the media has absolutely no relevence to how they feel. Especially under Hinkley. They toe the company line more than anybody. Make no mistake, Josh Carr is the heir apparent and would climb over Hinkley's dead corpse and spit on it on the way through to get the Top Job. I just hope it happens mid season rather than at the end of the season.
Interesting comments by Josh in his interview with Kornes and Healy. Kane was on the 'woe is me poor Kenny' line with regards to pressure and expectation on Hinkley to perform this year. Josh's response was "There's always been the expectation of success from Port supporters Kane. You know that."

Last edited:

images.jpeg.jpg
0024448ca94692f811ef1b3cc9c56456.jpeg.jpg

Carr needs to recruit Arni to help him get Funi (please can we make this stick) to snap and get sacked.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back