Opinion Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Robbie even noticed.

Gotta do something though mate. Unless you're happy with Hinkley being extended? How do you suggest the supporters voice their displeasure?
Eat the poo poo

Anyone watching the latest All Or Nothing (Amazon)?

The Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, telling his players they were lucky after wins against Chelsea and Manchester United.

Meanwhile, Daddy Donuts is doing windmills after a pair of deceased frangers against bereft Bombers and Crows outfits.

What a lot of people (mainly happy clappers who don't get Port Adelaide history) don't understand is Robbie will be the first port adelaide hall of fame player not to win a premiership. Let that sink in people - first ever. This reflects Hinkley wasted his last 10 years. I will say it again FIRST EVER. Boak will quickly follow - again reflecting Hinkley wasted peak Boak and Grey years.

Only half a season I reckon
I'm not convinced. What if we jump out of the blocks next season, and we're say 9-3 at the bye? What's to say that Koch won't announce to the world that the sample size is big enough to prove that 2022 was nothing more than an anomaly, and given our excellent start in 2023, Hinkley has proved beyond doubt that he deserves another 2 years? I don't trust our fraud of a chairman, and I definitely wouldn't put it past him.

What a lot of people (mainly happy clappers who don't get Port Adelaide history) don't understand is Robbie will be the first port adelaide hall of fame player not to win a premiership. Let that sink in people - first ever. This reflects Hinkley wasted his last 10 years. I will say it again FIRST EVER. Boak will quickly follow - again reflecting Hinkley wasted peak Boak and Grey years.

First retired PAFC 200+ gamer (1870-2022) to not play in a senior Grand Final, joining Justin Westhoff as the only retired PAFC 200+ gamers (1870-2022) to not play in a senior premiership.

First retired PAFC 200+ gamer (1870-2022) to not play in a senior Grand Final, joining Justin Westhoff as the only retired PAFC 200+ gamers (1870-2022) to not play in a senior premiership.
Correct. Hoff wont make hall of fame (or shouldn't - but who knows with the p*** weak standards of the club these days). Robbie will and should.

The way I see it, is that Hinkley is not going to jump through hoops and interview, we all know that from the past. We need a club to say the job is yours if you want it Ken.

GWS have been interviewing potential coaches, this is why imo that Donuts is still here but with the Bombers and North they went all out for one man and said it's yours if you want Clarko. This is the only way Ken walks, if a club tells him he has the job for 3-5 years without going through the interview process.
Can you imagine the interview. None of it would make any sense.

I'm not convinced. What if we jump out of the blocks next season, and we're say 9-3 at the bye? What's to say that Koch won't announce to the world that the sample size is big enough to prove that 2022 was nothing more than an anomaly, and given our excellent start in 2023, Hinkley has proved beyond doubt that he deserves another 2 years? I don't trust our fraud of a chairman, and I definitely wouldn't put it past him.
Oh Ken will make the 8 next year on the back of a piss easy draw and will get another 2 to 3 year contract, no doubt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley's 2022 season victories.

West coast - 17th
Saints - 10th atm
North - 18th
Bulldogs - 9th atm
Essendon - 15th
Sydney - 4th atm The only win against quality.
Gold Coast - 12th
GWS - 16th
Essendon - 15th
Adelaide - 14th

Keep in mind we played the spooners and Essendon twice and when we beat Sydney they were 7th.
We had narrow wins against the Saints by 1 point & Gold Coast by 2 points.

Flat tracking at it's best, that was a pathetic season.

SACK HINKLEY.

Hinkley's 2022 season victories. That was a pathetic season.

West coast - 17th
Saints - 10th atm
North - 18th
Bulldogs - 9th atm
Essendon - 15th
Sydney - 4th atm The only win against quality.
Gold Coast - 12th
GWS - 16th
Essendon - 15th
Adelaide - 14th

Keep in mind we played the spooners and Essendon twice and when we beat Sydney they were 7th.
We had narrow wins against the Saints by 1 point & Gold Coast by 2 points.

SACK HINKLEY.

Wow. 1 top 8 win.

You wouldn't want to meet us in finals!

What if we said to Kern, next year is going to be a mentoring/succession plan year.

Except make it clear that HE is the one being mentored because he's clearly not up to the job. Tell him he's 100% gone unless he wins the flag. The new coach sits over his shoulder and scribbles down notes on what NOT to do. Maybe a director of coaching so he can tell the stubborn idiot to play a goddamn ruck.

I feel like this could work.

What if we said to Kern, next year is going to be a mentoring/succession plan year.

Except make it clear that HE is the one being mentored because he's clearly not up to the job. Tell him he's 100% gone unless he wins the flag. The new coach sits over his shoulder and scribbles down notes on what NOT to do. Maybe a director of coaching so he can tell the stubborn idiot to play a goddamn ruck.

Was thinking similar but I reckon he would walk, too downgrading for Donuts.

So it's a win win.

Not sure much will change, maybe the new assistant will be senior but Kens still the coach and I really can only see deck chairs titanic…

Essendon is our best hope at present.

Either Rutten has to go or their board has.
They've made it clear Rutten has no future there and a novice coach would be a pretty hard sell. They “steal” Ken away from us the media will sell him to the Bomber supporters as a “ audacious and stunning move.”

Everyone is happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back