Opinion Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"

What happens to Hinkley at the end of the year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a bit of jumping at shadows here because:

1. If Hinkley was reappointed at the bye Koch has lied to the club, the media, the supporters and the sponsors. If he has come forward to any of those groups and said that this has happened then we'd know about it.

2. If he has done that as far as I'm concerned Koch's position is completely untenable and the needs to be moved on because he has lied to everyone and taken it upon himself to re-sign Hinkley without waiting for the time that he himself put on record multiple times.

I don't believe he's got the guts to do it. He's got the arrogance to think he'll get away with but at the end of the day if this has happened its time for us to metaphorically burn the place down and resist.

Its the old, Do it once stupid them, do it twice stupid us, what is do it thrice?

This has got to be Stickerman x 1000

People that need to be gone from the Club ASAP to let it refresh:
Hinkley
Koch
Richardson
Cardone
Ransome
Boak
Dixon
Jonas

Every single one of these people, even if they were useful at some point, have well and truly gone past their use by date. A massive broom needs to go through Alberton. The Near enough is good enough, making our Community Proud, Good Human, Facebook Meme, Happy Clapping s**t Needs to GTFO!

I get the concern and frustration at the potential extension of this absolute loser. And there is no doubt that those running the club could be stupid enough to do it before the finals and they actually have an opportunity to see if Ken can get beyond his high water mark and make a GF.

But until it is actually announced by the club then I'm willing to hold off from jumping off a bridge over it. The reality is that this topic is fertile ground for AFL talking heads of all colours, from your sycophants in the form of your Whateley's and Kornes, to your morons like Kym Dillon, and no matter what they say there's a story in it. Caroline Wilson in the space of 12 months went from "Ken is gone" to "he'll be there for two more years", Kane Cornes went from "he's signed up" to "it's only a verbal deal" in the space of 12 days... They're just doing it to drive clicks and it drive outrage, and most of the time they're just guessing...

The guy should've been sacked on Monday (and on most of the the previous 300 odd Mondays), but until something is officially announced either way I wouldn't believe as truth anything put out by the AFL media talking heads or the local butcher.

The week of the Collingwood game I went along to a function where Travis Boak and Connor Rozee were the guests. Obviously nothing was going to officially be confirmed but I just got the impression from the way they spoke then the Hinkley contract was as good as done, but I do hope the club has the professionalism and competency to see how the season plays out.

They all seem very comfortable in the environment and I don't think the players like the idea of another coach or anyone really challenging them or changing the current environment they have in place.

A lot of the conversation from Boak and Rozee was around the need for them to be good humans first and foremost and the connection and relationships within the club is the most important thing that underpin everything they do etc. Football is not the be all and end all and there is so much more to life etc.

It was all very lovely to hear how well everyone gets on and is "connected" Sounds like a great Social Club. As a fan and member who spends $1000s of dollars I'd like to see them get connected to winning a Premiership if that wasn't too much an inconvenience.:D
We want to be good healthy humans and there's so much more to life... Kumbaya..make the community proud ..Kumbaya..

But we'll force brain injured players out on the field at all cost then lie about it till we're caught.

Cult.

Surely guys like Tredrea and Ginever are in the know. Why haven’t they mentioned anything about what they’re hearing? Apart from Tredrea’s ‘Richmond are making contact with Carr’, that’s been about it.

Hinkley
Koch
Richardson
Cardone
Ransome
Boak
Dixon
Jonas

Every single one of these people, even if they were useful at some point, have well and truly gone past their use by date. A massive broom needs to go through Alberton. The Near enough is good enough, making our Community Proud, Good Human, Facebook Meme, Happy Clapping s**t Needs to GTFO!
What about Chris Davies? He's the General Manager of Football for ****'s sake.

Surely guys like Tredrea and Ginever are in the know. Why haven’t they mentioned anything about what they’re hearing? Apart from Tredrea’s ‘Richmond are making contact with Carr’, that’s been about it.
As you were made aware by Kochie, Tredders knows nothing about the Ken Adelaide Power, so he will have no information.

Koch has ****ed this club, its unrecognisable to the club we once supported.
Which is why I want Koch gone ASAP - the longer he stays, the worse the club sinks.

Where is that bomberclifford timeline? He's spot on so far...
FAAAAARK!!

* my life fml GIF

The Curse of the Monkey Paw

Note: I've put a cross next to Dixon retiring because someone here said he's just signed for 2 years but I can't find any reference to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley
Koch
Richardson
Cardone
Ransome
Boak
Dixon
Jonas

Absolutely agree with this list but not one of these people is going anywhere anytime soon.

The truth of the matter was Hinkley was in charge til round 3. Behind the scenes after the first showdown loss and the "untenable" predicament, the board met with the coaches and discussed moving Hinkley to the bench and having Carr takeover as Unofficial head coach until the bye.

During the bye the players made it clear, that while winning was enjoyable it was too much hard work and the new gameplan was taxing and weren't happy with their work life balance. They felt football style and longer recovery interrupted too much from their outside lifestyles.

The Board met again shortly after the bye and decided to revert back to a more Hinkley led gameplan which is far less taxing, and the work life balance and the extra insta posts and likes makes the players happy, at the expense of winning and playing good football, a fair compromise.

The board has come to the conclusion Hinkley is the man going forward and Carr will be given his marching orders at seasons end.

Hello, is that your membership resignation official release. You beauty can relax now in a blissful calm of investing emotionally in a hopeless cause and not be annoyed by disparate messaging. Happy days!
Your such a tosser... Would be a pity if teekray suspended you... Would miss your s**t posting.

They probably are, or not, i'd say the board and Kochie would keep it close to their chest after Round 3.

The Curse of the Monkey Paw

Note: I've put a cross next to Dixon retiring because someone here said he's just signed for 2 years but I can't find any reference to it.

Carr hasn't been interviewed? How do you know that son!

The truth of the matter was Hinkley was in charge til round 3. Behind the scenes after the first showdown loss and the "untenable" predicament, the board met with the coaches and discussed moving Hinkley to the bench and having Carr takeover as Unofficial head coach until the bye.

During the bye the players made it clear, that while winning was enjoyable it was too much hard work and the new gameplan was taxing and weren't happy with their work life balance. They felt football style and longer recovery interrupted too much from their outside lifestyles.

The Board met again shortly after the bye and decided to revert back to a more Hinkley led gameplan which is far less taxing, and the work life balance and the extra insta posts and likes makes the players happy, at the expense of winning and playing good football, a fair compromise.

The board has come to the conclusion Hinkley is the man going forward and Carr will be given his marching orders at seasons end.
How about we move on Hinkley and those weak as piss players ?

Yes.

Follow up thought. If we jumped ship how good would our Port Power est 1997 memes be.
In my opinion we as a whole (because together we are strong, divided we are weak) have 3 options.

1. Fight for the club
2. Pledge allegiance to a new club
3. Forget about football and take up water polo or gardening

Because allowing the status quo to continue is out of the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back