Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

4. Having fluked the senior coach position at PAFC Hinkley at half time of the semi final in 2013, when his charges were 23 points in front, told his players to look over their shoulders ... and lost the game.
I remember Geelong being a well oiled machine and going through the corridor like an aircraft in formation in the 2nd half.

The man the PAFC claimed who was going to be running down the corridor for us in 2018 (Motlop), was the man doing it for Geelong in that 2013 semi!

Motlop also helped himself to 25 touches and 2 goals.

Side note: Motlop kicked 44 goals for them in 2013, currently has 6 for us this year.

I remember Geelong being a well oiled machine and going through the corridor like an aircraft in formation in the 2nd half.

The man the PAFC claimed who was going to be running down the corridor for us in 2018 (Motlop), was the man doing it for Geelong in that 2013 semi!

Side note: Motlop kicked 44 goals for them in 2013, currently has 6 for us this year.
Players that get a couple of years under Hinkley turn to poo.

Motlop has been just a huge disappointment since he came to port. I loved watching Motlop at Geelong and was so happy when we got him. Would trade him tomorrow to free the cap space if I could. Either lost “it” or just not working as hard as he once did

Motlop has been just a huge disappointment since he came to port. I loved watching Motlop at Geelong and was so happy when we got him. Would trade him tomorrow to free the cap space if I could. Either lost “it” or just not working as hard as he once did
They had a system though. He wasn't forced to play ******* halfback flank.

I know people here don’t think the club will sack Ken, but many of you wanted him gone in 2015. I reckon the club has turned the heat on him enormously in recent weeks.

I am actually certain he is on very thin ice right now, and I reckon there is a strong chance he doesn’t see out the season.

I said that we needed to beat at least one of Freo/Geelong for me to let Ken see the showdown if I were in charge.

The club knows as well as I do we have 4/5ths of * all chance of beating Geelong this week.

I would say that most likely we will see Ken gone by the end of the year, and a strong chance (maybe 1/5) he isn’t coaching us when we play the Crows.

I have a colleague who's been arguing with me for the last year or so about our lack of success being the players or the coach's fault.

He's been ignoring, disregarding all the evidence put forward to him up until this morning when he sought me out, mentioned the umpiring and then said he was starting to think it's the coach's fault.

Slowly the mainstream (non-radicals) fans are coming to realise it's time he goes.

I know people here don’t think the club will sack Ken, but many of you wanted him gone in 2015. I reckon the club has turned the heat on him enormously in recent weeks.

I am actually certain he is on very thin ice right now, and I reckon there is a strong chance he doesn’t see out the season.

I said that we needed to beat at least one of Freo/Geelong for me to let Ken see the showdown if I were in charge.

The club knows as well as I do we have 4/5ths of **** all chance of beating Geelong this week.

I would say that most likely we will see Ken gone by the end of the year, and a strong chance (maybe 1/5) he isn’t coaching us when we play the Crows.
Don't you toy with our hearts like that

Yes our system seems chaotic and hard to play
Our system is clearly hard to play. You go through and look who has come and gone under Hinkley and try and find who became a elite player under him. Boak and Robbie Gray are the two that jump out obviously, Clurey has developed well in one of Hinkley's pet positions down back and I think Tom is a elite defender now.

The talent Ken has squandered or truly wasted makes your eyes water. For whatever reason Wingard, Wines, & Pittard was in a AA squad at one point, all have regressed alarmingly, two of which are no longer with us. Polec took the money and run, I can't blame him for that. He's turned Motlop into a shell of himself, Lobbe fell off the face of the earth after 2014, Ryder had one great year, but he was a great ruckman before he came to us. Dixon has had one big year at best under Ken, Rockliff won't amount to much, SPP is nowhere at the moment or going backwards at a rate of knots.

It's why under Ken I won't get to excited about Rozee, Duursma & Butters and the rest. At no point has Ken proven he can maximize great young talent. He may get a great year or two out of them at best, but that's it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club knows as well as I do we have 4/5ths of **** all chance of beating Geelong this week.

KT loves Kenny. Sorry to disappoint but he will be here until at least middle of next year.

Don't you toy with our hearts like that
I just really got the feeling that if we lost in China he would have been sacked for it.

Obviously I could be extremely far off, but if I’m right about that then there is no way he isn’t sacked if we miss finals again.

Like I said the urgency to sack a coach only occurs when a team is close to or at the bottom, it would take a sharp losing streak to sack Ken mid-season, and I doubt that will happen. The end of the season is likely when the decision will be made.

Like I said the urgency to sack a coach only occurs when a team is close to or at the bottom, it would take a sharp losing streak to sack Ken mid-season, and I doubt that will happen. The end of the season is likely when the decision will be made.
When we get a sub 20k crowd against the bulldogs with most of them waving “sack hinkley” banners that’ll be it.

When we get a sub 20k crowd against the bulldogs with most of them waving “sack hinkley” banners that’ll be it.
Depends how we go this weekend if it's a close game and an admirable effort I think we should hold our breath a bit longer, but if we get smashed comfortably despite the possible return of Wines and Dixon then the flood gates will be open.

I just really got the feeling that if we lost in China he would have been sacked for it.

Obviously I could be extremely far off, but if I’m right about that then there is no way he isn’t sacked if we miss finals again.
It wouldn't surprise me, he made sure the players knew how important it was that they win that game. It's unfortunate he doesn't treat all games that way.

There are too many people that like going to home games for NTUA, I know many, even Crow fans love our pre-game. Those are the ones that will keep the crowds at at reasonable level unfortunately.

Surely the loss to Freo and ending any chance of making finals is the last straw for Hinkley. He might see out the year but he is gone now as we won't be playing finals.

And STFU Kane with the 56% win ratio BS. How many finals have we won in the last 5 years? How many finals have we played in the last 5 years? They are the only stats that matter. And to think that if we don't win a final this year this current period will equal the 2008-2012 years is absolutely disgusting and if that isn't a sackable offence i don't know what is.

How many of the 56% have been against top 4 teams, how many against teams above us on the ladder?
that's the bottom line.

How many of the 56% have been against top 4 teams, how many against teams above us on the ladder?
that's the bottom line.
With the squad he has had since 2014, 56% is an absolute failure. Why is just over 50% of wins something to be happy about, just shows how inconsistent we have been under Hinkley

Kane is too loyal to Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back