Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KT loves Kenny. Sorry to disappoint but he will be here until at least middle of next year.
KT does not love Kenny. KT is afraid of Kenny. KT does not want to face the ultimate test of choosing and recruiting a new coach. Don’t forget the CEO failed in this task in 2012. If Kenny Wenny hadn’t fallen in KT’s lap after the panel came up with Leon Cameron ... with Eade hanging on the end of a text (KT refuses to make or answer phone calls) ... what might have gone down, hey?

At my lunch with KT in the FCC in Hong Kong in February 2016 (check Up The China Rabbit-hole Docudrama) he was not happy with Kenny Wenny’s performance under the shady tree in Albury a year earlier. I said that I’d detected a very wide innate streak of pessimism running thru KW, and KT agreed.

You don’t think he’s a bit young and inexperienced.
I want Hinkley out just not sure Schofield is ready yet.

I don't rely on lightning striking twice but Clarkson had coached Centrals to one or two flags, got the gig as midfield coach in 2004 and coached the Hawks in 2005, winning a flag in 2008, and the rest is history. Sometimes some guys are just good enough to cope with it early. Of course there are occurrences where the inexperienced senior coach at AFL has flopped.

The more I think about things, it sounds more and more like a well laid out plan by the AFL.
Hinkley, Koch, board members. Koch wants Ken to be a ten year coach, we are paying our bills (just). Membership drive and the promise of big things to come (China) all to gain members.
All this adds up to sustainability, stability and viability - (Freo, Melbourne Carlton)

The AFL don't care if we make finals or not, they just want the above.
These are the clubs they want to be in the finals. West Coast, Hawthorne, Adelaide, Collingwood, Geelong and now there pet project in GWS.

I think we may be screwed.

I agree with the above having gathered as many facts as possible, connected the dots and filtered through myself and others more knowledgeable. Once that happens, like many things in life, the actual reality is somewhat different to the perceived one.

I agree we are screwed as long as Koch is chairman, Hinkley is coach and (importantly) the AFL has the power to manipulate our present and future. Of all the above categories, listed in your post, it is the financial category i consider is of most interest to the AFL.

Port members and supporters need to be proactive to adjust the AFL's reality in this matter. There are a number of issues at play, most have a financial component to them. What is first required is for all supporters and members to be aware just how much the future , the culture, the ethos of the club is at stake and how much is currently outside the control of the club and its members. IMO The 2 big questions are : (1) are the majority of members / supporters interested to do something about it and (2) how is the message delivered when the message is not initiated from within the club due to self serving individuals with senior positions.

Enter the media ☺

It is time for some new #sackhinkley graphics, I think.

Can I please ask everyone to contribute the most unflattering Ken Hinkley facts, figures, moments, and quotes they can think of? It is time we rammed home the reality of this club's situation to the casual supporters and true believing sheep.

HOFF, HOFF, HOFF, HOFF, HOFF, HOFF.

I agree with the above having gathered as many facts as possible, connected the dots and filtered through myself and others more knowledgeable. Once that happens, like many things in life, the actual reality is somewhat different to the perceived one.

I agree we are screwed as long as Koch is chairman, Hinkley is coach and (importantly) the AFL has the power to manipulate our present and future. Of all the above categories, listed in your post, it is the financial category i consider is of most interest to the AFL.

Port members and supporters need to be proactive to adjust the AFL's reality in this matter. There are a number of issues at play, most have a financial component to them. What is first required is for all supporters and members to be aware just how much the future , the culture, the ethos of the club is at stake and how much is currently outside the control of the club and its members. IMO The 2 big questions are : (1) are the majority of members / supporters interested to do something about it and (2) how is the message delivered when the message is not initiated from within the club due to self serving individuals with senior positions.

Enter the media ☺
Good post. It wont be easy if the AFL have as much control over the board as people are saying.

When we get a sub 20k crowd against the bulldogs with most of them waving “sack hinkley” banners that’ll be it.
Nothing would be more Ports 2015-2019 than waiting for it to get to that stage to do something.

Edit: Re-signing him for another three years would actually probably be the peak.

Can the experts here help me with calling an EGM to roll the board.

I’ve just read the constitution
It seems illegal.
The AFL is not a member of the company, It clearly says so in the constitution
YET, they appoint 8 of the 10 board members and have to approve any changes to the constitution
PAFC is a company. When forming the company you can make anyone a director, but after that you have to follow the constitution where the rules are replaceable and if not the Corps Act.
Seriously, this seems really weird.
Also, there is nothing in the constitution about removing members. (shareholders) Port can refuse membership but can’t revoke it during a season. You have to renew each season so they can refuse renewal.
So from my reading if 5% of the members call an EGM with resolutions to remove the board, they have to call one.
Some interesting sh!t stirring we could cause here.

Truth is all they need to think is that we are getting the 5% and they have to hold the meeting.

Kens a smell that is on defined time. All we need to do is make the inevitable happen sooner. These things happen very quickly in football. A 60 point loss and the board won't have the resolve to fight the inevitable

Ken going is inevitable. It is purely a timing decision based on economics and ego

If 5% signed to an EGM they would so the math on those non renewals for next year. Ken would be gone within 4 weeks

Just need a big loss with the "stars" back and the threat of an EGM
There is nowhere in the constitution that allows for 5% of Club Members to call an EGM.

Nothing in the Corporations Act would allow for it. From the Constitution
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/PortAdelaide/Links and Files/PAFCconstitution.pdf

Members are defined as -
4.9 "Member" means a person who is a Director of the Company and whose name is entered as a Member of the Company in the Register and "Member of the Company" shall have a corresponding meaning;

Club members are subordinate
4.6 "Club Members" are "the Members of the Company, Club football players, the coaches and the staff of the Company for the time being, those supporters of the Club who have paid their annual subscription for Club Membership or are Patrons, Life Members or Life Governors of the Club as determined by the Board from time to time under clause 8" and "Club Membership" shall have a corresponding meaning;

Only enough Members ie Directors can call for an EGM

9. GENERAL MEETINGS OF THE COMPANY
9.1 A general meeting of the Company called the "Annual General Meeting" shall be held, in accordance with the provisions of the Act.

9.2 An Annual General Meeting shall be held by the Company at least once in each calendar year and within 5 months after the end of its financial year.

9.3 Club Members as at the end of each Season must be invited to the following Annual General Meeting of the Company.

9.4 All Club Members have a right to vote in relation to the election of Club nominees for appointment by the AFL to the Board.

9.5 Club Members (other than Members of the Company) will have no right to vote in connection with any other resolution put to that meeting or to participate in any discussion relating to any other business at the Annual General Meeting of the Company.

9.6 Any five (5) Directors may whenever they think fit convene a general meeting of the Company.

9.7 Notice of a general meeting of the Company shall be given to Members at least 10 days prior to the meeting and shall specify the place, the day and the hour of the meeting and shall state the general nature of the business to be considered by the Members at the meeting.

9.8 Invitations to Club Members to the Annual General Meeting and to attend a general meeting of the Company shall be given at least 10 days prior to that meeting.

9.9 The accidental omission to give notice of any general meeting or the non-receipt of any such notice by any Member or the omission to invite any Club Member to the Annual General Meeting or to a general meeting shall not invalidate the proceedings or any resolution passed at any such meeting.

Can I please ask everyone to contribute the most unflattering Ken Hinkley facts, figures, moments, and quotes they can think of? It is time we rammed home the reality of this club's situation to the casual supporters and true believing sheep.
Ken chucking the traditional Chinese beverage of choice over his shoulder with contempt in Shanghai as if it was a Chernobyl-infused ebola enema.

I want Hinkley out just not sure Schofield is ready yet.
What more will he learn from Mr Cokes

Ken chucking the traditional Chinese beverage of choice over his shoulder with contempt in Shanghai as if it was a Chernobyl-infused ebola enema.

Without a doubt. One of the most deliberate and disrespectful things i have seen a person do towards another's cultural custom given the importance of tea making in China. What an ignorant prick to do that and especially when the club that is trying to impress. Is there anything he doesn't **** up. All he had to do was drink the tea. But no.

I want Hinkley out just not sure Schofield is ready yet.[/QUOTE

I think Schofield's WA coaching experience and results speaks for itself.
I think Schofield player record with Port Adelaide speaks for itself.
I think that (if it is correct) Schofield being at odds with Hinkley speaks for himself.
In think I would rather have Schofield on my side than being my opponent.
I think we should put trust and confidence in our past greats.
In think we should acknowledge Port dedication as being an important quality of our head coach. And if it takes a few years to fruit, the taste will be so much sweeter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is nowhere in the constitution that allows for 5% of Club Members to call an EGM.

Nothing in the Corporations Act would allow for it. From the Constitution
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/PortAdelaide/Links and Files/PAFCconstitution.pdf

Members are defined as -
4.9 "Member" means a person who is a Director of the Company and whose name is entered as a Member of the Company in the Register and "Member of the Company" shall have a corresponding meaning;

Club members are subordinate
4.6 "Club Members" are "the Members of the Company, Club football players, the coaches and the staff of the Company for the time being, those supporters of the Club who have paid their annual subscription for Club Membership or are Patrons, Life Members or Life Governors of the Club as determined by the Board from time to time under clause 8" and "Club Membership" shall have a corresponding meaning;

Only enough Members ie Directors can call for an EGM
How does our constitution re: Directors compare to other clubs? Do others have any AFL appointments or require AFL approval of member elected Directors and constitution changes?

I imagine Gold Coast and GWS are very AFL dominated but I’d be keen to know where we sit league wide.

Lockhart Road this could be limiting in our appointment of a Chinese based director:
12.5 All Directors shall ordinarily reside within Australia.

I am in. Let's get a campaign in full swing. I have started. Bombarding social media with the 1 loosing final in 5 years with player and assistant coaches clean out. Sentiment is turning amongst the neutral supporter. The tree huggers you just cannot change.

So Hinkleys extension was approved by a board that has 8 people on it put there by the AFL?

Is that correct?

Approved by the AFL. We could suggest they join and aFl okay’s

KT does not love Kenny. KT is afraid of Kenny. KT does not want to face the ultimate test of choosing and recruiting a new coach. Don’t forget the CEO failed in this task in 2012. If Kenny Wenny hadn’t fallen in KT’s lap after the panel came up with Leon Cameron ... with Eade hanging on the end of a text (KT refuses to make or answer phone calls) ... what might have gone down, hey?

At my lunch with KT in the FCC in Hong Kong in February 2016 (check Up The China Rabbit-hole Docudrama) he was not happy with Kenny Wenny’s performance under the shady tree in Albury a year earlier. I said that I’d detected a very wide innate streak of pessimism running thru KW, and KT agreed.
Well that's p*ss poor by Keith LR.

I’ve also heard through someone KT thought things were going well in 17 but acknowledged if we were treading water in the not too distant future senior people would have to be shown the door.

I don’t think they can call Monty or Schofield senior people, so one can assume there can’t be many more people to point the finger at other than Ken.

It all depends on when KT realises Ken is damaging his brand as much as any.

Does KT want to be seen as mid-table, missing finals, diminishing crowds and returns manager?

Poor crowds and no finals will kill Ken, the club worked hard to become financially better, they simply can’t afford to drop off for long.

A successful team = $$$

Every time for a second I think of saying anything along the lines of remember 13/14 or think about the injuries I just think about the fact that he completely ****ed our captaincy and this year of co captains will remain a s**t stain on port for all history and he did it for "success"... And in a year where every team apart from 4 are absolute dogshit... We are STILL sitting outside the 8

I’ve also heard through someone KT thought things were going well in 17 but acknowledged if we were treading water in the not too distant future senior people would have to be shown the door.

I don’t think they can call Monty or Schofield senior people, so one can assume there can’t be many more people to point the finger at other than Ken.

Monty and Schofield weren't at Ports' until after the end of the 2018 season so it would be extremely harsh for KT to scapegoat them for us treading water since he extended Hinkley's contract.

It seems that Koch, the board and KT can't contemplate that Teflon Kenny may be the problem despite nothing really having changed with a complete turn over of assistant coaches and a significant turn over of the playing list.

Monty and Schofield weren't at Ports' until after the end of the 2018 season so it would be extremely harsh for KT to scapegoat them for us treading water since he extended Hinkley's contract.

It seems that Koch, the board and KT can't contemplate that Teflon Kenny may be the problem despite nothing really having changed with a complete turn over of assistant coaches and a significant turn over of the playing list.

Well it’s turning on them at the minute.

Every time for a second I think of saying anything along the lines of remember 13/14 or think about the injuries I just think about the fact that he completely ****** our captaincy and this year of co captains will remain a **** stain on port for all history and he did it for "success"... And in a year where every team apart from 4 are absolute *******... We are STILL sitting outside the 8

Because he isn't capable of delivering anything higher than that, always finding ways to lose. The idea of backing co captains because it was for "success" was just a pathetic attempt to try and appease member backlash, its now being proven to look as stupid a notion as we knew it was.

They treat us with distain, and genuinely believe we lap up every bit of spin they try and feed us. Its becoming insulting.

It would be a means of just trying to convince the members they are trying to take action, problem is we are smart enough to realise where the problem is. They aren't

Without a doubt. One of the most deliberate and disrespectful things i have seen a person do towards another's cultural custom given the importance of tea making in China. What an ignorant prick to do that and especially when the club that is trying to impress. Is there anything he doesn't **** up. All he had to do was drink the tea. But no.
Geez we keep looking forr every single Ken thing we can be outraged about.
Devil ncarnate.

There are too many people that like going to home games for NTUA, I know many, even Crow fans love our pre-game. Those are the ones that will keep the crowds at at reasonable level unfortunately.
I love that too and if it wouldn't hurt our players I'd love to see a mass walkout at the end of NTUA.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back