Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good sentiments, but far too long. CEO's are busy people and won't bother reading anything that takes more the 15-20 seconds - tops. Best to keep your message short and punchy. I used to tell people - "generally the fewer words you can say something in, the more accurate it will be.
I work with many ASX chairmen. They'll read these letters from shareholders.

Koch wouldn't. Hes smug. Thats why he needs to go.

I doubt Keith will. He's an employee. He only cares for the chairman and the board.

We are a franchise, not a club. That's why we got to this sad, doesn't even hurt anymore, point

Given what they had to work with, is
Primus > Ken or Ken > Primus?
Poll will close in 2 minutes.

Sorry there's no room for the Jack Watts option.

Needs to be told in no uncertain terms that it’s in his best interest to go chase the North/Carlton/Essendon jobs. The latter 2 will almost certainly only look for experienced coaches. He can walk out now without ever having copped the media scrutiny he deserves.
Look, I know this is the sack Ken thread but......

What pisses me off the most is that he knew he wasn’t going to be successful as a coach here
and he gave the club A MASSIVE OUT a year BEFORE his last contract was up.

It is the board , particularly KOCH and our administration, KT that are the ones we need to hold up banners about.

They have failed us in numerous ways:
Overpromising on our list that has underperformed.
Overpromising on China and under delivering.
Overpromising on changes to Alberton with not a new brick laid.

They are the ones I am absolutely fuming at.

Then Steve Hocking of the AFL is happy because the new rules have evened up the comp apart from a couple of clubs.
All good to give some lesser club hope but fans won’t put up with mediocre games ad infinitum.

There is NO excitement in the game any more, just stage managed. ‘ entertainment ‘ which is falling flat.

Mate, how many times have we played like Hinkley wants us to play?

If Ken fails to make his team to play the way he wants, it is on him. Maybe, he is misjudging his players' capacity to execute his plan. Perhaps, he is being unable to pass his message onto them. It could be that the plan is not a good one. It could be anything. I don't know.

Whatever it is, it isn't working. That's the main issue. We are in Year 6, and it is not working. Worse, there is no sign that it will work. When can we start wondering his plan may never work? When would be the time to conclude that it never will?

There are bigger fishes than Hinkley to fry at the club. I believe that. But Hinkley is not a small one. He matters. His responsibility is big enough for him to be held accountable for the results — and the results are simply not good enough.

He got us in an awful moment and put us back on our feet. That's great. He should be recognized for such an important achievement.

Still, once we got there, the question becomes "now, what?" How many Finals have we won under him? How many minor rounds have we finished in the Top-4 under him? How many Showdowns have we won under him? What's our home record under him? Do those numbers make his reign look good, respectable by the standards our club and supporters measure success?

You tell me...
Terrific comment you are exactly right

this will be his third recycle of the playing list third/ rebuild

what is that saying- fool me once shame on you....fool me twice shame on me

we're going to do this for the third time now with ken are we?

3 goalless first quarters in a row!!!!!!!

This confirms our board and chairman are derelict and as much phonies as Ken are

Imagine being a director of this club and all your friends look at you like "why would you walk around with fecal stained toilet paper hanging off your shoe?"

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...n/news-story/6889814c718f6e34cec35e6da9c18eb4

Hinkley is philosophical about his side’s loss in Tasmania, which sees it now sitting just outside the league’s top eight - only on percentage - with a 5-5 win-loss record.

“We’re exactly where the ladder says, we’re 5-and-5,” he said. “Getting a read on the competition is really difficult and if you’re not on the end of a loss, you’re lucky enough to end up in victory. We learn as we go.”

He gets paid a heap of money for this schitt. And, guess what, the members of the Club are paying it.
He uses the word luck way way too often.

What pisses me off the most is that he knew he wasn’t going to be successful as a coach here

It is the board , particularly KOCH and our administration, KT that are the ones we need to hold up banners about.

Then Steve Hocking of the AFL is happy because the new rules have evened up the comp apart from a couple of clubs.
All good to give some lesser club hope but fans won’t put up with mediocre games ad infinitum.

There is NO excitement in the game any more, just stage managed. ‘ entertainment ‘ which is falling flat.
Kiss for the kiss camera and gamble responsibly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KT is more worried about next year I’d say. The $$ side of Adelaide Oval will be his undoing, when we are back to 2012 again financially.

They would be well aware of the supporter base but at the same time feel like they are on a course they set and will See it through.

It could be all their undoing if they don’t figure it out soon.

The best thing they do with Bass and Schofield in the background is sack Ken this year.

See I’m one the people here who would be happy Bass.

To me he’s a bit left of centre, he seems to actually be pretty smart and can only do what he can currently. I’d be happy to see how things change under him having control.

Unlike Ken who seems to just wait for Lady Luck, you need to be able to get the players to execute a plan, and from what’s players say he does that.

Kens cooked, everybody knows that. He has a 50% win loss record just like Brad Scott and we are heading to the same amount of years.

Maybe his demise will bring some awareness to KT and Co to do something sooner.

If Ken is going I’m not that keen on anyone who’s in the coaching department right now.
I would be looking at someone younger whos maybe just out of playing the game.
Only one at the club now I would keep is Schofield,the rest can ****off with Ken.

Mate, how many times have we played like Hinkley wants us to play?

If Ken fails to make his team to play the way he wants, it is on him. Maybe, he is misjudging his players' capacity to execute his plan. Perhaps, he is being unable to pass his message onto them. It could be that the plan is not a good one. It could be anything. I don't know.

Whatever it is, it isn't working. That's the main issue. We are in Year 6, and it is not working. Worse, there is no sign that it will work. When can we start wondering his plan may never work? When would be the time to conclude that it never will?

There are bigger fishes than Hinkley to fry at the club. I believe that. But Hinkley is not a small one. He matters. His responsibility is big enough for him to be held accountable for the results — and the results are simply not good enough.

He got us in an awful moment and put us back on our feet. That's great. He should be recognized for such an important achievement.

Still, once we got there, the question becomes "now, what?" How many Finals have we won under him? How many minor rounds have we finished in the Top-4 under him? How many Showdowns have we won under him? What's our home record under him? Do those numbers make his reign look good, respectable by the standards our club and supporters measure success?

You tell me...

We saw it against, oh I don’t know, the reigning premiers in Perth?

The problem is that these players aren’t experienced enough and confident enough to play like that against a side that will punish every mistake. Every time they * up, they go back into their shell.

People are always looking for someone to blame these days because we have a fast food culture that demands instant gratification. You’re looking at a side that had the following:

No experience

1st game - Ladhams
3rd game - Frampton
8th game - Farrell
9th game - Butters
10th game - Duursma
10th game - Rozee
11th game - Lienert

Limited experience

38th game - Howard
48th game - Powell-Pepper
48th game - Amon
49th game - Houston

Experience but inconsistent

70th game - Clurey
74th game - Byrne-Jones
84th game - S. Gray

So five of our defenders haven’t even played 100 games yet.

Add to that Broadbent, who like everyone in history took two games to get up to speed, and you start to realise why Robbie Gray and Jonas looked off the pace in their first game back after a couple of weeks. They’ll be better next week once they find the speed of the game again.

And what do we have this week? Another injury to an experienced player in Rockliff. So expect him to go through the same two week period to get up to speed when he gets back. Ditto Hartlett, Dixon, Wines, Ebert and Burton. Add Watts to that if he manages to get back.

We are going through now what we need to. There’s no cheat code to gain experience. All the coaching staff can do is keep encouraging them to take the game on.

The difference between the two teams was a 3 time premiership player in Jack Gunston. That’s the benefit of experience.

I work with many ASX chairmen. They'll read these letters from shareholders.

Koch wouldn't. Hes smug. Thats why he needs to go.

I doubt Keith will. He's an employee. He only cares for the chairman and the board.

We are a franchise, not a club. That's why we got to this sad, doesn't even hurt anymore, point

My first thoughts when it was pointed out in the game thread that Jonas was wearing a mouth guard in deadleg colours was he is treating the club like it's just another franchise, ala the mob down the road.
How the **** was he appointed co captain, it's just more proof of how far the club's standards have fallen under Koch and co.

It's no secret he asked to be traded a few seasons back but there were no takers, I wonder if it was because slow undersized :poo: defenders who seldom take contested marks and can't kick over a jam tin are virtually a dime a dozen in every suburban comp in the country.

I
We saw it against, oh I don’t know, the reigning premiers in Perth?

The problem is that these players aren’t experienced enough and confident enough to play like that against a side that will punish every mistake. Every time they **** up, they go back into their shell.

People are always looking for someone to blame these days because we have a fast food culture that demands instant gratification. You’re looking at a side that had the following:

No experience

1st game - Ladhams
3rd game - Frampton
8th game - Farrell
9th game - Butters
10th game - Duursma
10th game - Rozee
11th game - Lienert

Limited experience

38th game - Howard
48th game - Powell-Pepper
48th game - Amon
49th game - Houston

Experience but inconsistent

70th game - Clurey
74th game - Byrne-Jones
84th game - S. Gray

So five of our defenders haven’t even played 100 games yet.

Add to that Broadbent, who like everyone in history took two games to get up to speed, and you start to realise why Robbie Gray and Jonas looked off the pace in their first game back after a couple of weeks. They’ll be better next week once they find the speed of the game again.

And what do we have this week? Another injury to an experienced player in Rockliff. So expect him to go through the same two week period to get up to speed when he gets back. Ditto Hartlett, Dixon, Wines, Ebert and Burton. Add Watts to that if he manages to get back.

We are going through now what we need to. There’s no cheat code to gain experience. All the coaching staff can do is keep encouraging them to take the game on.

The difference between the two teams was a 3 time premiership player in Jack Gunston. That’s the benefit of experience.
Janus, I will give you that. I had turned on the radio and flicked off the tv due to Dwayne and heard one passage of play where names like Sicily Gunston O’Meara and others were called out where I thought, yeah, gee, Hawks do have some real talent / experience on the park here.
Yes we are inexperienced.
And I hate us having to play in Tassie against them...again.

It is just frustrating that every single week we know the oppo will get a jump on us. Every oppo coach knows this.
I used to have faith in Zen Ken, for years I did, against the flow of BF, but he has just about lost me.
I hate the way we play.
I am bored watching our games.
Can’t remember when I watched a full game on air and the last 2 home games I have given my tickets away.
The way I am feeling now I will probably not attend another game this year, especially if Motlop gets another game, what is up with him?

No experience

1st game - Ladhams
3rd game - Frampton
8th game - Farrell
9th game - Butters
10th game - Duursma
10th game - Rozee
11th game - Lienert

Limited experience

Sure says a lot where the side is at when so many first year/ in experience players can make our first 18.

However have we seen anything from Hinkley in the past 4 seasons that warrants trusting him to deliver in the 2-3 years ahead. You can blame the players all you want, but it's his job to get the best out of them.

His only saving grace is players that leave don't start tearing it up. However you could also argue players coming in from other clubs don't massively improve either.

There's nothing coming out of the coaching box that shows we can control a match (because we can't play forward of fifty) let alone steady when momentum goes against us.

Been 5 years since I've seen us play a game style that I thought would hold up deep into September. He relies on too few to do too much.

The message also seems to be getting stale with the players. I've got no doubt with a new list Kenny will be able to get some upside, however I believe he just needs a new list away from here because it feels to me that even the players are running on empty on Kenny.

Before the Lions had established themselves as a super power and were confronting the Essendon powerhouse, what you heard from Matthews was If it bleeds we can kill it.

None of this Oh anyone can win on their day, every team is so good, there are no easy games.

Matthews was the supreme competitor, he did not believe in conceding defeat at any time. We have our excuses ready even before the game starts. And we play accordingly.

Before the Lions had established themselves as a super power and were confronting the Essendon powerhouse, what you heard from Matthews was If it bleeds we can kill it.

None of this Oh anyone can win on their day, every team is so good, there are no easy games.

Matthews was the supreme competitor, he did not believe in conceding defeat at any time. We have our excuses ready even before the game starts. And we play accordingly.
Yeah right.
I must admit...I'm a bit over the "even comp" calls. But don't be comparing our side to the one that Brisbane had in the early 2000's.
When you have a team like that you can say whatever tf you want and it doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back