Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know what the players are always gonna state publically, but privately I would have to question any player at the club who wants Kern to remain coach. Do you want to have success, or......? I think this list is too far down the rabbit hole now to salvage anyway

Nice pay cheque for chasing a bit of leather around and better the devil you know...?

I’m not sure if it’s been spoken about but I hated his smugness in his pregame interview about lachie Neale. It smacked of an overconfident coach who thought it was just gunna happen.

I hate how our players always talk in the media about what they have done or are going to do. Just shut up and do it and do it every game.

I hated how all our players mentioned about max Gawn, I loved we went after him but why tell everyone, why not just shut up.

Why tell everyone about the dirty ball against west coast, why not just shut up.

Our club smacks of arrogance under this bloke, yet our performances on the field are laughable and we have the least reason to be arrogant or smug.

I really hate the way this club is at the moment, it’s depressing going to the games, I’m not sure about others but i fell for them being back after the crows game, I hate myself for getting sucked in again.

fu** you ken Hinkley for dragging me back in and then letting me down again.

That has to be the post of the month..if not year

I cringed on reading -in foetal position. These guys are just pathetic - act like classless small-time club yobbos.

We lost 5 of our last 6 games last year. It just feels we could see a repeat of that for the rest of the season.

Ken couldn't survive that. If he does there'll be tumbleweeds blowing down the aisles of AO next year

Last edited:
We know what the players are always gonna state publically, but privately I would have to question any player at the club who wants Kern to remain coach. Do you want to have success, or......? I think this list is too far down the rabbit hole now to salvage anyway
Sometimes players get comfortable with the same coach so they are happy to keep him

I want our playing group to feel uncomfortable and be playing on edge.

The thing I'm looking forward to most is after winning this weekend having the regular flood of posi-trolls telling us how we should have believed and how if you aren't on board with Ken you aren't a real supporter etc etc

Whenever Janus not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "where's Janus?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good point..although Geelong have done ok with Scott and Hawks with Clarko, but maybe some coaches are easier to listen to than others.
Geelong fans have routinely been calling for Scott's head, which is actually understandable because with their inability to convert from regular season to finals is amazingly inept.

The next 6 games:

v Tigers away … struggle to win
v Giants at home … they're not in good shape either so I'm thinking we'll win
v Bombers away … have been very fast up against us in recent years, especially over there, I think we'll struggle to win it
v Swans at home … they're not too good … we should beat them
v Roos away … hard to say, we've been good against them in recent years, I think we'll win
v Dockers home … I really don't know … we could be playing for a spot in the 8 with this game, it could be a win

We could go 3 and 3, which places us at the fate of other teams, typifies Hinkley's inconsistent season of one step forward and one step back, typifies Hinkley's era. Somewhere in those 6 games we'll win when we think we won't and we'll lose when we think we won't. So mediocre.

Last edited:
Sometimes players get comfortable with the same coach so they are happy to keep him

I want our playing group to feel uncomfortable and be playing on edge.

There is a fine line... if players are too uncomfortable they will leave in droves... but I agree we need them wanking each morning not knowing what the day will bring... is it a spray? A 20km time trial? A day in the spa? Or how about learning to kick the bloody red (sometimes yellow) thing between the too biggest sticks on the fricken ground.

A good coach the players will love but qont know what is coming!

There is a fine line... if players are too uncomfortable they will leave in droves... but I agree we need them wanking each morning not knowing what the day will bring... is it a spray? A 20km time trial? A day in the spa? Or how about learning to kick the bloody red (sometimes yellow) thing between the too biggest sticks on the fricken ground.

A good coach the players will love but qont know what is coming!
Might try wanking in the morning as well.

The next 6 games:

v Tigers away … struggle to win
v Giants at home … they're not in good shape either so I'm thinking we'll win
v Bombers away … have been very fast up against us in recent years, especially over there, I think we'll struggle to win it
v Swans at home … they're not too good … we should beat them
v Roos away … hard to say, we've been good against them in recent years, I think we'll win
v Dockers home … I really don't know … we could be playing for a spot in the 8 with this game, it could be a win

We could go 3 and 3, which places us at the fate of other teams, typifies Hinkley's inconsistent season of one step forward and one step back, typifies Hinkley's era. Somewhere in those 6 games we'll win when we think we won't and we'll lose when we think we won't. So mediocre.
I don't think it's too much of a stretch that we could go 0-6.

Ken in denial the end may well be near!

HINKLEY: We discussed as a club about the changes we made – we weren’t 100% convinced they’d make us stronger immediately.. we want to get better every year but our list is really strongly positioned with youth… we know that’s not what some want to hear but that’s the reality

HINKLEY: I’ll never give up on trying stuff as a coach, I’m not going to be frightened by outside noise

HINKLEY: Brisbane we’re just too good and too ready (in the first q) with players like Lyon and Zorko, it wasn’t just Neale

HINKLEY on form in the wet: We’ve practiced playing in the wet – we’ve played a lot in the wet and played well in some such as the Eagles gamed, but we’ve also lost some of those games

HINKLEY: Duursma will most likely come back this week – no players are getting rested in my team, but if they’re not where we want them to be we’ll give them a week off and get him to work on some things… he’s benefited from having a bit of a spell

HINKLEY on inconsistencies: When you get it wrong it’s really hard to catch up on. Myself and the players haven’t got it right all the time when we’ve gone win loss win loss and we’re all working together. We remain really positive and work to get better every day

HINKLEY on pressures of being a coach and mixed reactions from media: Yeah I get impacted by the noise – I’m not bullet proof, myself and the club are doing our best – but you do get bemused at times, it’s an opinion based businesses outside the fence and performance based inside

HINKLEY: The last 24 hours I’ve read how good a bloke Richo is & how good a coach he is after months of people calling for him to be sacked, it frustrates me & I get confused how you can sit on one side of the fence & then the other. I think it’s really poor & sloppy journalism

Y17jgtZ.gif

Ken in denial the end may well be near!

HINKLEY: We discussed as a club about the changes we made – we weren’t 100% convinced they’d make us stronger immediately.. we want to get better every year but our list is really strongly positioned with youth… we know that’s not what some want to hear but that’s the reality

HINKLEY: I’ll never give up on trying stuff as a coach, I’m not going to be frightened by outside noise

HINKLEY: Brisbane we’re just too good and too ready (in the first q) with players like Lyon and Zorko, it wasn’t just Neale

HINKLEY on form in the wet: We’ve practiced playing in the wet – we’ve played a lot in the wet and played well in some such as the Eagles gamed, but we’ve also lost some of those games

HINKLEY: Duursma will most likely come back this week – no players are getting rested in my team, but if they’re not where we want them to be we’ll give them a week off and get him to work on some things… he’s benefited from having a bit of a spell

HINKLEY on inconsistencies: When you get it wrong it’s really hard to catch up on. Myself and the players haven’t got it right all the time when we’ve gone win loss win loss and we’re all working together. We remain really positive and work to get better every day

HINKLEY on pressures of being a coach and mixed reactions from media: Yeah I get impacted by the noise – I’m not bullet proof, myself and the club are doing our best – but you do get bemused at times, it’s an opinion based businesses outside the fence and performance based inside

HINKLEY: The last 24 hours I’ve read how good a bloke Richo is & how good a coach he is after months of people calling for him to be sacked, it frustrates me & I get confused how you can sit on one side of the fence & then the other. I think it’s really poor & sloppy journalism

Ken is an imposter who knows it. "I'm prepared to cop the criticism IF it's warranted WE ALL at the club ask ourselves can WE do better. "

Every time he is challenged, he is "I am" or I will, then he brings in others and levels that charge to them.

The guy is a snake oil salesman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back