Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
>>HINKLEY on pressures of being a coach and mixed reactions from media: Yeah I get impacted by the noise – I’m not bullet proof, myself and the club are doing our best – but you do get bemused at times, it’s an opinion based businesses outside the fence and performance based inside <<<<

Opinion based eh.. are we outside the fence?

performance? htfck does he measure performance

HINKLEY on pressures of being a coach and mixed reactions from media: Yeah I get impacted by the noise – I’m not bullet proof, myself and the club are doing our best – but you do get bemused at times, it’s an opinion based businesses outside the fence and performance based inside

HINKLEY: The last 24 hours I’ve read how good a bloke Richo is & how good a coach he is after months of people calling for him to be sacked, it frustrates me & I get confused how you can sit on one side of the fence & then the other. I think it’s really poor & sloppy journalism

So many Q's. How is a guy on $800k with over a decade in the biz so naive?

And what happened to 'look after the things you can control', 'get what you deserve' etc.

And what is inconsistent about saying Richo deserves the sack, but is a nice bloke? Too clowe to home?

>>HINKLEY on pressures of being a coach and mixed reactions from media: Yeah I get impacted by the noise – I’m not bullet proof, myself and the club are doing our best – but you do get bemused at times, it’s an opinion based businesses outside the fence and performance based inside <<<<

Opinion based eh.. are we outside the fence?

performance? htfck does he measure performance
It's actually not an opinion based business, it's a result based business you idiot and all of us outside the fencers pay your wage. Go away and never come back.

HINKLEY: The last 24 hours I’ve read how good a bloke Richo is & how good a coach he is after months of people calling for him to be sacked, it frustrates me & I get confused how you can sit on one side of the fence & then the other. I think it’s really poor & sloppy journalism

Well Ken, Richo had far less cattle to work with than you and yet somehow, you’ve only won 2 more games than the Saints on the year.

It’s genuinely comical, his job security.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-17-at-20-03-21.png

HINKLEY on pressures of being a coach and mixed reactions from media: Yeah I get impacted by the noise – I’m not bullet proof, myself and the club are doing our best – but you do get bemused at times, it’s an opinion based businesses outside the fence and performance based inside

He says performance based and not results so he can point to the stats he blinded Koch with and not his W/L record.

This is a coach on the way out. Every moment he is here he is doing more damage.

Well Ken, Richo had far less cattle to work with than you and yet somehow, you’ve only won 2 more games than the Saints on the year.

Pretty much if St Kilda hypothetically smashed us in the China game, we'd be level with them on the ladder.

Dixon and Hartlett but, without them how could we possibly play god tier football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thoughts

v Tigers away … brilliant, season defining win against the odds. Top 8 here we come
v Giants at home … shattering loss that puts the Giants back on track and leaves us with questions and pressure again on hinkley
v Bombers away … massive win and great response from the boys - against the odds and where are the haters now??
v Swans at home … a stuttering loss as we fail to match Sydney's intensity, leaving our finals prospects on the brink
v Roos away … a big win, and back in the hunt for finals with next week's win being must win. Start looking ahead to a showdown 5v8 final!
v Dockers home … a shocking loss to end the season leaves us in 9th with lots to work on for next year

My thoughts

v Tigers away … brilliant, season defining win against the odds. Top 8 here we come
v Giants at home … shattering loss that puts the Giants back on track and leaves us with questions and pressure again on hinkley
v Bombers away … massive win and great response from the boys - against the odds and where are the haters now??
v Swans at home … a stuttering loss as we fail to match Sydney's intensity, leaving our finals prospects on the brink
v Roos away … a big win, and back in the hunt for finals with next week's win being must win. Start looking ahead to a showdown 5v8 final!
v Dockers home … a shocking loss to end the season leaves us in 9th with lots to work on for next year
Very very optimistic.

My thoughts

So following on from Sunday's L we have WLWLWL

Seems legit

Finally Scrutiny Has been on Ken and the club from media this week. There is still 6 weeks to go in the season it won't stop now that it has started it will only get worse. If it gets to fever pitch by seasons end it may be too much for Ken and club so they may part ways. They may not want this sort of thing going into the 150th. I'm more confident we will get our wish (pardon the pun) than I was a couple of weeks ago

Finally Scrutiny Has been on Ken and the club from media this week. There is still 6 weeks to go in the season it won't stop now that it has started it will only get worse. If it gets to fever pitch by seasons end it may be too much for Ken and club so they may part ways. They may not want this sort of thing going into the 150th. I'm more confident we will get our wish (pardon the pun) than I was a couple of weeks ago

I agree. If the pressure was too much for him to continue his job without a contract extension in 2017, then the pressure he's feeling this year is surely next level.

I agree. If the pressure was too much for him to continue his job without a contract extension in 2017, then the pressure he's feeling this year is surely next level.
That's why his manager has been spreading the Hinkley to Carlton rumours.

Don't be surprised if Koch and Co s**t the bed again and give Hinkley another contract extension so he can stop worrying about job security and concentrate on coaching at the top of his game. :rolleyes:

That's why his manager has been spreading the Hinkley to Carlton rumours.

Don't be surprised if Koch and Co s**t the bed again and give Hinkley another contract extension so he can stop worrying about job security and concentrate on coaching at the top of his game. :rolleyes:

I know they made a massive blunder last time around but I highly doubt they'd make that mistake again.

I know they made a massive blunder last time around but I highly doubt they'd make that mistake again.
Half of the time I think they couldn't be that stupid to fall for that again but the other half of the time I think they are stupid enough to fall for it once so maybe they're stupid enough to fall for it twice.

I have posted before that I believe Koch's ego overrides good sense and he is on record as saying he wants Hinkley to be a ten year coach at Ports.

Half of the time I think they couldn't be that stupid to fall for that again but the other half of the time I think they are stupid enough to fall for it once so maybe they're stupid enough to fall for it twice.

I have posted before that I believe Koch's ego overrides good sense and he is on record as saying he wants Hinkley to be a ten year coach at Ports.

He does have an ego. I think Koch got sold on what Ken promised and is probably feeling burnt by putting faith in his ability to make us successful (playing finals.)

He does have an ego. I think Koch got sold on what Ken promised and is probably feeling burnt by putting faith in his ability to make us successful (playing finals.)
I hope you are correct.

Koch set the bar low at just making finals and Hinkley has failed to achieve that. Despite Koch and the club conditioning the members and supporters to accept mediocrity they must be aware that repeatedly missing finals doesn't wash.

If we lose most of the remaining games, it'll make it easier for the club to sack Hinkley at the end of the season. He may get a big payout but that would be better than experiencing a bigger loss of revenue through reduced memberships and even sponsorships. The club needs to sell hope coming into next season. A new coach would stop some current members from bailing, and may even bring back some of the disenchanted members who failed to renew this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back