Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schofield or Monty taking over as caretaker is a pipe dream. Even in the unlikely event the board grew some balls and sacked Hinkley, there's no way that they don't pick the legend of the game who is currently our senior assistant and who has 6 years of senior coaching experience himself as the caretaker. They were 6 poor years, sure, but the club seems to value experience and stability over actual competence these days, so that's what's gonna happen.

Exactly right. If Hinkley goes now, Voss will be appointed as caretaker coach.

Janus actually talks a bit of well considered sense amongst the sort of people that you'd expect to find in football cheer squads. Its a credit to him as most sensible people would read 2 minutes of the seemingly endless boring verbal diaherra on these pages and never come back.

Does a footy forum exist where sensible mature people can share their views?
You can create one if you want a bath water sipping forum, where no one is allowed to criticise the players or coaches. You could call it ThePowerFromPort.

Obviously, can't prove the post. An individual (who notified me at the START of 2018 season of Boak's resignation as captain and Wines being new captain for 2019), has notified that a loss in China will mark the beginning of the end of Ken's current arrangement at Alberton. He has been put on notice. I'm not usually one for chinese wispers (parden the pun) but informer has been correct numerous times before. Serious concerns currently at club, not so much for the remainder of this season which unfortuneately they have already written off, but for the financial impact for next season and our 150th with increased numbers of current full members not expected to renew as full members. Second year hit in a row.

Time will tell.
Was also told Kern is interested in opportunities with melbourne based team and returning to his home state. Was told so is Pyke. His wife is desperate to return home to WA.
Time will tell there also.

Apologies if this is all BS. Just repeating what was notified.
I got a hard on now....

I said the same thing earlier. Our only hope is, that he's told his time is up and they want him to act as a mentor to an incoming coach.

My big fat fear though, is thst this incompetent board will appoint Voss as his successor.

Following on with the chinese whisper, club desperate to retain members and consider electing the Power players as initial caretaker coaches a win/win situation. Possible that Voss for coach not popular with members and Bassett not trusted by members. Similar to the announcement of co-captains that was finalised AFTER main membership drive, take note of the timing aspect of how it all plkays out in an attempt to maximise membership.
The main concern for AFL is not whether Hinkley stays or not but how such change could effect the club's financial position going forward. That is which of the two options : retaining Hinkley with serious reduced membership or releasing Hinkley ( in a deal to both save his career and meet the needs of another club) and retain or increase PAFC membership. They are, after all, bean counters.

I got a hard on now....

That's funny.
What can I say. Take a cold shower .... or watch the replay of last week's first quarter.
Either one will solve the problem.
Thanks for the laugh.

I guess we can’t even assume the AFL gives a **** then.
Exactly right. They have us just where they want us. Financially stable enough not to be a worry, yet not a serious premiership threat to the 'glamour' sides. They'll be happy for us to make up numbers as a low maintenance side for the eternity of our remaining existence. They only thing that'll get their attention is if we return to being a basket case. This will only happen if members walk in serious numbers. The members have the power to do this but unfortunately it's a bit of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I wouldn't actually mind Voss becoming senior coach of Port Adelaide, considering the amount of time he has worked with the club, but he needs to be ready to take the club forward whilst also developing it, two things he failed to do with Brisbane. I don't think he's our best option, but I don't think he's our worst either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the club and the AFL crunch the numbers, they then will see it could could be financial suicide for Ken to stay on as coach.
Ken will find a job in vic no problems and now is the time for him to look seriously at North and Carlton for a start. If Ken has a job to go too it could be a reasonable outcome for all concerned.

I wouldn't actually mind Voss becoming senior coach of Port Adelaide, considering the amount of time he has worked with the club, but he needs to be ready to take the club forward whilst also developing it, two things he failed to do with Brisbane. I don't think he's our best option, but I don't think he's our worst either.
Crazy Voss, nah. If Port are not going internal I would look at Buckley because I can't see Clarko leaving Hawksville. Internally I don't want Voss and definately not Bassett, Monty or Schofield would be my choice.
Buckley is out of contract in 2021 and the biggest reason he would be my choice is because he knows Port and what we stand for.
A long shot I know but you never know with this sport what people may do.

Voss has been here for 5 years...he needs to move on with Ken and Bassett.

Obviously, can't prove the post. An individual (who notified me at the START of 2018 season of Boak's resignation as captain and Wines being new captain for 2019), has notified that a loss in China will mark the beginning of the end of Ken's current arrangement at Alberton. He has been put on notice. I'm not usually one for chinese wispers (parden the pun) but informer has been correct numerous times before. Serious concerns currently at club, not so much for the remainder of this season which unfortuneately they have already written off, but for the financial impact for next season and our 150th with increased numbers of current full members not expected to renew as full members. Second year hit in a row.

Time will tell.
Was also told Kern is interested in opportunities with melbourne based team and returning to his home state. Was told so is Pyke. His wife is desperate to return home to WA.
Time will tell there also.

Apologies if this is all BS. Just repeating what was notified.
Very interesting post.
Ken is smart enough to read the writing on the wall. If he feels that he needs to jump early to extend his football coaching life he'll do it and to be fair he's got an obligation to his family to do that. Ken didn't come to Port because he loves the PAFC at the end of the day and he'll do what's best for him.

From a Port fan pov and the clubs pov, if he is already thinking this way then an exit strategy needs to be put into place immediately.
If Ken isn't 100% invested, and going by your post he's not, then it's a matter of time before he's gone because you can't succeed at this level without a complete buy in.

I can see Ken in a North Melbourne or Carlton polo tbh. Would suit him to a tee.

Crazy Voss, nah. If Port are not going internal I would look at Buckley because I can't see Clarko leaving Hawksville. Internally I don't want Voss and definately not Bassett, Monty or Schofield would be my choice.
Buckley is out of contract in 2021 and the biggest reason he would be my choice is because he knows Port and what we stand for.
A long shot I know but you never know with this sport what people may do.
No way on earth does Bucks come back to Port. Have you forgotten what he was like before he was surrounded by clued up
assistants and told to listen. Aint gunna happen.

* me.

Very interesting post.
Ken is smart enough to read the writing on the wall. If he feels that he needs to jump early to extend his football coaching life he'll do it and to be fair he's got an obligation to his family to do that. Ken didn't come to Port because he loves the PAFC at the end of the day and he'll do what's best for him.

From a Port fan pov and the clubs pov, if he is already thinking this way then he an exit strategy needs to be put into place immediately.
If Ken isn't 100% invested, and going by your post he's not, then it's a matter of time before he's gone because you can't succeed at this level without a complete buy in.
Good post.

No way on earth does Bucks come back to Port. Have you forgotten what he was like before he was surrounded by clued up
assistants and told to listen. Aint gunna happen.
He most likely would never leave Collingwood any way, just my thoughts. Bucks has had a bad run with injuries last season but he's got that team up and about and I would even say they will be one of the teams in the GF this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back