Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not something you read every day on BF :)

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I feel like I’m wrong pretty often tbh, just not often provably so.

Looking at the Swans constitution is like its been written by an entirely different organisation, one that maybe likes them.

The one on the Swans website made it so the board could always remove the AFL as transitional member...ours pointedly precludes that possibility.

That said, the ****ed nature of our constitution probably makes our moral position as fans stronger.

“Dear AFL, your badly appointed board ****ed up by signing a mediocre coach to an unwarranted extension, so you can ******* pay to buy it out, and give us our club back while you’re at it.”

Sure. Maybe. But you can see the similarities.

Sliding doors. We don't pay out Williams and keep the cash. We invest it in the football program. Williams is replaced at the end of his contract. Better or worse off now?

Impossible to know. But I get your point. And as I mentioned a while back, I think this factors into the club's thinking. There is a very real chance that changing coach could actually make us worse not better - in which case we've gone backwards on field, will lose even more members AND have burnt whatever money we used to payout Ken.

Of course, this is the cautious approach. The 'We Exist To Win Premierships' approach doesn't afford itself any such luxuries. No risk, no reward, as they say.

Mar 24, 2004
Ljubljana, Slovenia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I feel like I’m wrong pretty often tbh, just not often provably so.

Looking at the Swans constitution is like its been written by an entirely different organisation, one that maybe likes them.

The one on the Swans website made it so the board could always remove the AFL as transitional member...ours pointedly precludes that possibility.

That said, the ****** nature of our constitution probably makes our moral position as fans stronger.

“Dear AFL, your badly appointed board ****** up by signing a mediocre coach to an unwarranted extension, so you can ******* pay to buy it out, and give us our club back while you’re at it.”
Nup. Just give us our club back.

I would give to the footy gods the 2020 flag for my club back.

Paying out Ken now sets this back

1) The CEO didn't want to extend said coach's contract, the board did that against the CEO's desires.

2) The next 2 seasons were bad, not 3.5.

3) The club was not 'nearly relocated' or anything of the sort, unless you live in Graham Cornes' head.

Williams went 5-10 before he was given his marching orders. We didn’t win a game from R7 to R16. 10 games in a row.

Then in 2011, we didn’t win a game for 12 matches in a row.

At least in 2012 we improved. Then we managed to break the losing streak up into lots of 6.

That’s how bad it was back then. That’s how bad it needs to be if you’re wanting the coach to be sacked six months into a contract.

Stop trying to make “Sack Hinkley” happen. It’s not going to happen.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Hang on, I'm hearing Dixon hasn't actually played footy since Janus decided he's the great white hope to doubting his place in the teams success.

Quite the turnaround based on nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang on, I'm hearing Dixon hasn't actually played footy since Janus decided he's the great white hope to doubting his place in the teams success.

Quite the turnaround based on nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you’ve got my hyperbolic criticism of Jonas’ lack of preparation confused with criticism of Charlie Dixon who is on track to return to playing with the Magpies after this week.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ssshhhhh the grown-ups are talking

Yeah your mum's calling you .. you better go now.

There's a few irregulars and new posters that have conveniently bobbed up to justify the club's coaching extension. Putting out the spot fires.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sure. Maybe. But you can see the similarities.

Sliding doors. We don't pay out Williams and keep the cash. We invest it in the football program. Williams is replaced at the end of his contract. Better or worse off now?

To serve out another two and a bit years with the crowds below 20000. To continue to extend the losses in a row. To offer members dead hope for a further two years. Yeah that would've been better. It happened anyway because it proved how inept the board were. We've got a massive problem with Port's board room philosophy ... they believe looooooooooongevity sticking with incompetence brings success.

Apr 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Williams went 5-10 before he was given his marching orders. We didn’t win a game from R7 to R16. 10 games in a row.

Then in 2011, we didn’t win a game for 12 matches in a row.

At least in 2012 we improved. Then we managed to break the losing streak up into lots of 6.

That’s how bad it was back then. That’s how bad it needs to be if you’re wanting the coach to be sacked six months into a contract.

Stop trying to make “Sack Hinkley” happen. It’s not going to happen.

Yeah it is looking like history will repeat itself. The problem with the AFL version of Port prior to being owned by daddy afl is that it delayed pulling the pin on incompetence until it began tasting the bitterness of the bitter end, then it hung on further because the directors wanted to be a part of the hopeful turn around. That Toyota crow defector director Howie stood up at the agm and pleaded amongst the discontent members that Mark Williams was going to bring us a dynasty of success and then that same year Mark was removed as coach. We still have the same philosophy amongst the current board but now we will have the afl likely encouraging the board to make sure Hinkley serves his contract. Scary times.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Keep saying it, but our only hope is that he's demoted on the same money. Schofield or Monty takes charge. From there we might be able to negotiate an amicle financial settlement like with Scott.

What does an amicle settlement look like? It depends on Hinkley. Does he want to remain in football? That is the key question. If so, I think getting a settlement that is in everyone's best interest is easier. Ken is only 53. He's too young to retire. If he wants to stay in footy he's got to keep his reputation in tact. If he doesn't then he can blow the joint up on the way out.

Hong-Kong Phooey

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2011
i have no idea
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man United
Keep saying it, but our only hope is that he's demoted on the same money. Schofield or Monty takes charge. From there we might be able to negotiate an amicle financial settlement like with Scott.

What does an amicle settlement look like? It depends on Hinkley. Does he want to remain in football? That is the key question. If so, I think getting a settlement that is in everyone's best interest is easier. Ken is only 53. He's too young to retire. If he wants to stay in footy he's got to keep his reputation in tact. If he doesn't then he can blow the joint up on the way out.

I said the same thing earlier. Our only hope is, that he's told his time is up and they want him to act as a mentor to an incoming coach.

My big fat fear though, is thst this incompetent board will appoint Voss as his successor.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
received_314598446101517.png

Moving Hoff out of position and not playing Frampton with Marshall probably hurts us.

Also the fact Ryder is not firing at all.

Then you got smalls, Rozee, Farrell, Butters are kids, Robbie Gray hasn't fired, Sam Gray is not reliable against decent sides.

Also Motlop who kicked 38 goals a few years ago for Geelong, has 4 goals this year halfway through.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah your mum's calling you .. you better go now.

There's a few irregulars and new posters that have conveniently bobbed up to justify the club's coaching extension. Putting out the spot fires.
It isn't working though. They are just stirring up the regulars and rusted on Port Adelaide people more.

The ratio of people wanting Ken gone to wanting him to stay is nearly 10:1 from people I speak to about the club, and reading on here and elsewhere. Even at games you barely hear anyone defend Ken anymore. So surely the weight of numbers, and pressure from the supporter base has to count for something.

The club can have whoever they like come on here and defend their decisions, but they are insulting our intelligence by doing so. We aren't stupid and won't put up with that no matter what they say.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's obvious for the people on here but it's great that he's criticising the coaches. This is a new thing for Tredrea to be doing and about time.

Tredders is a good thinker of the game but in general he’s a bit of a club mouthpiece. He, along with Kornes, was used by the club to sell the Wingard trade, and going by his latest criticism of Hinkley I’d suggest some interests within the club are using him again to warm the public up for Hinkley’s sacking. Just my observation, no inside knowledge or anything.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Carlton sack Bolton effective immediately, Voss takes over at the Blues, takes Hinkley with him as Director Of Football.

Hey presto, clean break-up. :)

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
Tredders is a good thinker of the game but in general he’s a bit of a club mouthpiece. He, along with Kornes, was used by the club to sell the Wingard trade, and going by his latest criticism of Hinkley I’d suggest some interests within the club are using him again to warm the public up for Hinkley’s sacking. Just my observation, no inside knowledge or anything.

Yeah I 100% agree that he usually toes the party line, that's why i think that any kind of criticism from him is a pretty big deal. The club gives him the inside word on a lot of things, especially with the relationship with Channel 7 souring over the last couple of years. You may be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back