Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley

Sack him?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's not as if that's even a bad thing. To be a coach you have to have some ego and wanting to win a game to prove something about and to yourself is not a crime, it's just human.

And for anyone who bothered to tune into AA yesterday afternoon, what a vapid, tedious and stale interview

The only time he actually showed any emotion, was to berate Port Supporters for texting in with criticisms with "I know more about Football than you"

We'll lose to Freo this weekend and the status quo will resume, again

I'm done

Last edited:
M
And for anyone who bothered to tune into AA yesterday afternoon, what a vapid, tedious and stale interview

The only time he actually showed any emotion, was to berate Port Supporters for texting in with criticisms that "I know more about Football than you"

I'm done
Missed it.. sounds interesting

The only time he actually showed any emotion, was to berate Port Supporters for texting in with criticisms that "I know more about Football than you"

I'm done
If anyone can post the interview that'd be great. I want to hear his responses to peoples texts.

I'm done
Just finished listening despite making a promise to myself not to listen anymore. Media street Ken. What an arrogant, dismissive know it all. Too bad the results don't back up your " no disrespect, but I know better" line.
Good on Rowe for chucking in a negative text for once.

And it's not as if that's even a bad thing. To be a coach you have to have some ego and wanting to win a game to prove something about and to yourself is not a crime, it's just human.

Look, it was similar to Mark Williams and the neck tie thing. But Williams had just won a flag at least. At that point in time he could have pulled out his knob and slapped Alan Scott around the chops with it for all I cared.
Hinkley had just won what, a showdown, and with a fair slice of luck at that.

Look, it was similar to Mark Williams and the neck tie thing. But Williams had just won a flag at least. At that point in time he could have pulled out his knob and slapped Alan Scott around the chops with it for all I cared.
Hinkley had just won what, a showdown, and with a fair slice of luck at that.

He showed a bit of emotion in the coaches box. I really don't get the angst. The Scott brothers have turned that into a profession. Hinkley gets slammed for looking uninterested, he gets slammed for acting out a bit.

Williams was fair enough to that point but he had to overstep the line and blast Allan Scott and ruin any legacy sponsorship from one of our great benefactors.

He showed a bit of emotion in the coaches box. I really don't get the angst. The Scott brothers have turned that into a profession. Hinkley gets slammed for looking uninterested, he gets slammed for acting out a bit.

Williams was fair enough to that point but he had to overstep the line and blast Allan Scott and ruin any legacy sponsorship from one of our great benefactors.

Didnt Allan Scott come out publicly first and say we will never win a flag under Choco?

The two incidents aren't at all comparable.

Hinkley lost control of his emotions and made a bit of a dick of himself. But no harm done.

Choco chose the wrong time and tone to make a statement that ultimately probably cost the club millions of dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt Allan Scott come out publicly first and say we will never win a flag under Choco?

Yeah he did, but Williams had to have the last word in public and destroy any chance of ongoing support form the Scott business.

This isn't a schoolyard game, it's business and sometimes you swallow your pride for the greater good.

and the legacy is up on the side of Power HQ

On an ageing building that will never be upgraded again with Scott business funding. Bucky and co tried to rebuild the burnt bridge but that river was never going to be crossed again.

I didn’t particularly like either reaction to be really honest. Williams got a pass for a while because he’d just won a premiership. But over time his “prove the doubters wrong” attitude came to define him and the wheels gradually fell off.
Ken is becoming a similar beast. Every one of these outbursts appears more angry and less a celebration. He’s becoming as self absorbed as Williams.

The only time he actually showed any emotion, was to berate Port Supporters for texting in with criticisms with "I know more about Football than you"

I'm done
I stumbled upon the interview and was angered, but not overly shocked by what I heard.

To summarise, Ken is happy to make the 8, didn't set any aspirations higher than that because we all know how hard it is and "14 other teams are trying to make the 8". Then added pretty happy with where the team is at at the moment. Ended by replying to a text from a supporter who asked a very valid question around when will we stop being told we're working on getting better and just start winning. Ken's reply "look, love your passion, but I know football better."

To be so dismissive of a supporter, was some seriously misplaced arrogance from a coach, that over the past 7 years, has delivered absolutely nothing in terms of a successful football programme.

The 1-0 thing wouldn't have aged so badly if we had won a Showdown since. LOL

Best win ever has aged well too.

I'm done
Truth be told, the text message was absurd; accusing Hinkley of playing the kids over the more experienced guys. Hinkley was POLITE in his answer.

I stumbled upon the interview and was angered, but not overly shocked by what I heard.

To summarise, Ken is happy to make the 8, didn't set any aspirations higher than that because we all know how hard it is and "14 other teams are trying to make the 8". Then added pretty happy with where the team is at at the moment. Ended by replying to a text from a supporter who asked a very valid question around when will we stop being told we're working on getting better and just start winning. Ken's reply "look, love your passion, but I know football better."

To be so dismissive of a supporter, was some seriously misplaced arrogance from a coach, that over the past 7 years, has delivered absolutely nothing in terms of a successful football programme.
He also said that we could/should be better on the ladder. He recognized we have missed opportunities. I would have him fired, but we don't need to overreact on everything Hinkley does.

If the rumours are true Hinkley’s goose is cooked if we don’t make finals this year. So here we are, in that familiar death spiral of “near enough is good enough”. Yay us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back