• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't like winning so I have a right to defend Ken, I like winning because I want my football club to win, Ken or no Ken.
I don't burst out after a win shouting about how great Ken is, I enjoy the win and I move on to the next game.
Really the end of the season is when we should be talking about the coach unless you're a Bolton or Scott with too much on-field pressure to wait through the season.
For once I would like to get through a week of football where we can simply focus on the game, rather than the coach, and letting that affect our expectations.

You can focus on the game if you like, no one is making read this thread.

We all want our team to win but we need to know we can trust the team and the coach, not watch the fist 5 minutes to see if we have turned up switched on to play. We have been hearing from the day Ken got here that he was going to build a team that can have sustained finals success for a long period of time, I don't have to tell you how that's going.

We have only been able to win against weak opppsition this year, appart from the WC game. Ken has had every thing at his disposal, including players to have us in a much better position on a consistent basis.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have no issue with the subject at hand, it's simply the way we've prioritized it over everything else at subject on our club.
I want us to have the freedom of going into a game day thread and actually talking about the game, not Ken or anything about him. When it's tactical it's justified, but when it's emotional it's simply out of place in a thread that would otherwise be about the game and the playing group.
If you want to talk about the game, there are other threads besides this one, as I have said before, horses for courses, if you don't want to hear about the coach, don't read the thread about the coach. Like if you don't like a tv show you don't watch it.
Sorry if I sound harsh but I don't know what else to tell you.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like I said I've got nothing against this thread, it's just when some of the stuff from this thread seeps into the gameday threads
Well if we turn up for goal less first quarters the game day thread on any of the club forums will very negative towards the coach and certain players, it's just natural.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
I wasn't sure whether to take that as lack of comfort, or just dismissive of the fans and he knows he is safe for now.
Dismissive. He's safe this year and next. Locked away. 2021 is the year that depends on results.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dismissive. He's safe this year and next. Locked away. 2021 is the year that depends on results.

jhgfe.jpeg

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
even with his interview with kane on tuesday, he is so relaxed, cracking jokes. There is no way he is going anywhere bar for an absolute disaster finish

he very tactically keeps mentioning the injuries every now and then and how proud he is of how they have gone, considering the injuries..

he is here to stay and he sounds so confident he will. Particularly with his number one fan in kane blowing his bags
He's called Kenny for a reason. He's the smell that will outlast religion.

I want us to have the freedom of going into a game day thread and actually talking about the game, not Ken or anything about him. When it's tactical it's justified, but when it's emotional it's simply out of place in a thread that would otherwise be about the game and the playing group.

Have you even been to the football?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
Have you even been to the football?
Well of course, i've barely missed a game at AO outside of being sick or maybe skipping a few showdowns (I hate coping with Adelaide supporters at showdowns)
Anyway i'm not saying there's a problem with getting emotional over football, because it's a huge part of our sport.
I just think it's very odd when I'm on a game day thread and I see someone ranting about Ken instead of talking about the game at hand.
E.g let's say were 3 or 5 goals down in a match, instead of talking about what we're doing wrong and proposing ways we could change the momentum of the game we instead point the finger directly at Ken and suddenly the thread becomes more focused on Ken than the game itself.
Am I the only one who finds that odd?
Well if we turn up for goal less first quarters the game day thread on any of the club forums will very negative towards the coach and certain players, it's just natural.
Although this may be an exception, still though, never take your eyes off the game.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
even with his interview with kane on tuesday, he is so relaxed, cracking jokes. There is no way he is going anywhere bar for an absolute disaster finish

he very tactically keeps mentioning the injuries every now and then and how proud he is of how they have gone, considering the injuries..

he is here to stay and he sounds so confident he will. Particularly with his number one fan in kane blowing his bags

That would be the same Kane who does those SANFL promos on SEN where he keeps referring to "My mighty Tigers". The same Tigers he played a whopping grand total of 36 games for. Yeah, forget about the club you amassed 300 games for as being "your" club.

That family is a stain on this club.

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Like I said I've got nothing against this thread, it's just when some of the stuff from this thread seeps into the gameday threads

I disagree. You can’t just omit reference to the performance of a head coach on game day.

Also, the game day thread is basically the live and unfiltered reactions of posters to each passage of play. So you shouldn’t really expect any level of sophistication to the posts - its just raw, in the moment emotions

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
That would be the same Kane who does those SANFL promos on SEN where he keeps referring to "My mighty Tigers". The same Tigers he played a whopping grand total of 36 games for. Yeah, forget about the club you amassed 300 games for as being "your" club.

That family is a stain on this club.
Clearly, he separates SANFL and AFL, being Glenelg/Port. I don't think he is alone doing that.

Is there any reserach/poll on this? I would imagine that the majority would be Magpies/Power or All-Others/West Lakes, but I wouldn't think that the exceptions are that insignificant (perhaps Magpies/WL) among SANFL followers. Would they be?

The thing is, when we beat average sides, it covers up Kens inability to be a good finals coach. A win is a win but these wins against weaker opposition is seen as saving Ken's arse, keeping him in the job.
Yep, and on page 106 of this thread Chrizzt posted these stats. Ken is Mr 56% against all sides.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sack-hinkley.1219278/page-106#post-61224186

Our win loss against top 8 sides (top 8 as at end of year, excluding this year as top 8 not set):
2018: 3W 6L (33%)
2017: 2W 7L (22%)
2016: 1W 9L (10%)
2015: 6W 7L (46%)
2014: 3W 6L (33%)
2013: 2W 6L (25%)

That gives Hinkley a winning percentage against top 8 teams of 29%. The winning percentage of a few different teams in that same period:
Sydney: 58%
Richmond: 43%
WCE: 35%
Geelong: 60%

West Coast badly affected by 2013/14 where they went 1-19. From 2015-2018 they are 19-18 @ 51%.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep, and on page 106 of this thread Chrizzt posted these stats. Ken is Mr 56% against all sides.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sack-hinkley.1219278/page-106#post-61224186

Our win loss against top 8 sides (top 8 as at end of year, excluding this year as top 8 not set):
2018: 3W 6L (33%)
2017: 2W 7L (22%)
2016: 1W 9L (10%)
2015: 6W 7L (46%)
2014: 3W 6L (33%)
2013: 2W 6L (25%)

That gives Hinkley a winning percentage against top 8 teams of 29%. The winning percentage of a few different teams in that same period:
Sydney: 58%
Richmond: 43%
WCE: 35%
Geelong: 60%

West Coast badly affected by 2013/14 where they went 1-19. From 2015-2018 they are 19-18 @ 51%.
Thanks for the stats.

Wow I didn't realise it was that bad.

Thanks for the stats.

Wow I didn't realise it was that bad.
I did a post back on page 106 straight after that one with all 18 teams win loss record and percentage for home and away + finals between 2013-2019 after Rd 11 this year. I didn't pick it up at the time but this is Hinkleys record separated between top 8 and non top 8 sides between 2013-18.

Classic flat track bully results.

1560344473666.png

Attachments

• 1560341480093.png
    1560341480093.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I did a post back on page 106 straight after that one with all 18 teams win loss record and percentage for home and away + finals between 2013-2019 after Rd 11 this year. I didn't pick it up at the time but this is Hinkleys record separated between top 8 and non top 8 sides between 2013-18.

View attachment 691223
Well the stats don't lie, that's as middle of the road as you can get.

The worring thing is, in 2019 it's not getting any better so far.

drcollossimo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide United

View attachment 691223
The saddest part of this ^ is that we know it, people who view the PAFC as a key part of their life outside of work, kids etc. can come up with the stats in a matter of hours

But

People paid collectively millions to run the club can’t see it or even relate to the extent we are seen as unrealistic nags who best pay up and shut up, I just can’t understand it at all

We joke about the crows being Camry’s and customers and a Corp but if this is the prevailing logic down at Queen St we aren’t far off it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back