Not open for further replies.

SimonSpeilberg

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Where's the Sack Hinkley banners at our home games?
Don’t rlie up the content clappers. I yelled out “times up Ken” in the first showdown and got abused by what it felt like was the whole bay.

Got told to go back to where I came from!
If I wasn’t going to support the boys to “piss off”
I wasn’t a “real supporter”
I’m an embarrassment and should be ashamed.

People got very defensive and quite angry.

Not turning up day in, day out to argue with people you've probably never met is considered "poor form"? What a world....

Given the unwarranted bullying he was at times on the end of, I'm not surprised he's taken a break.

PowerLil

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 8, 2012
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Don’t rlie up the content clappers. I yelled out “times up Ken” in the first showdown and got abused by what it felt like was the whole bay.

If I wasn’t going to support the boys to “p**s off”

Who cares what they think? I don't.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I don't get any of that in the western stand. Cause it's a free for all seats wise it's always different people. Feels like a different vibe than what most of you describe.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal

I said to the mrs yesterday I'm tempted to go with a sack hinkley banner this week... she said I'll hold up the other end...

When I told her we would be abused ect.. she kinda backed away from the idea... she acts hard but is a softy at heart.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not turning up day in, day out to argue with people you've probably never met is considered "poor form"? What a world....

It's not and definitely shouldn't be considered poor form, but being condescending day in day out on the basis of "i know more than you" on topics including various tin foil hat conspiracies and then disappear when it turns out the assertions you made have been shown to be categorically wrong, I can see why people would argue this. Most people wouldn't want their intelligence criticised.

I think a line should be drawn between optimisim and straight out fitting a series of events to a story where everythings ok and going to plan.

Janus has been coming back week in week out arguing his point for 4 years, and the club has repeatedly let him down despite his positivity. I don't begrudge him a break. He'll be back.

This.

He can throw out a barb as good as anyone on here don't kid yourself.

That's probably true, but it was pretty much exclusively a one-way pile on.

He certainly didn't do himself any favours but I thought it did go over the top at times.

Besides, if Monty isn’t appointed Head coach, he might walk, like he did at the Bulldogs.

I wouldn't be losing sleep over it. That sort of commitment can * off.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's probably true, but it was pretty much exclusively a one-way pile on.

He certainly didn't do himself any favours but I thought it did go over the top at times.
I don't really follow all comments directed at one poster but yea praps that's a reason, he's no lily white angel is all I'm saying.

You've met Janus? o_O

I kept an eye out for him at the conference but couldn't find a pimply face 15 year old sucking on an unlit pipe and carrying around a hardback copy of "The Art of War".
I have met the big man in person and he doesn't look like that.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I have met the big man in person and he doesn't look like that.
It's funny how you can get a picture in your head about someone and then when you meet them they're nothing like it. I'd probably be disappointed if I met you and found out you're not a cross between Antonio Banderas and Justin Westhoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back