Roast Sack Koch - Chairman of The Redeem Team

Remove this Banner Ad

protesting hey arnold GIF

As far as I'm concerned, we can stop referring to 2011/12 as the major crisis point of our club's history. What's happening right now is far worse than what occurred a decade ago. Our on field results were very poor, but at least back then, those in charge at Alberton actually cared about the club - unlike the muppets in charge at the moment. The official line is that Koch and Hinkley saved the club back then, whereas the opposite is painfully apparent: they're allowing the club to die, and what's worse - they don't care.

David has totally misread the room on this latest Hinkley fiasco. It will be the death of his Presidency at the club, the only particular of the matter in question is when he will leave.

RussellEbertHandball mentioned last night he won't be sitting idle and rolling over. I too share his sentiments. Whilst he and I are capable of making things happen, we are cognisant of the stranglehold the AFL has on the club. But even in such dire circumstances, there are opportunities to enact big change.

Bottom line is that if you have a connection to any of the personnel on the Board of PAFC and you share similar feelings to the content of this post, inboxing REH or myself is appreciated and we can have a further discussion on how to proceed.

David has totally misread the room on this latest Hinkley fiasco. It will be the death of his Presidency at the club, the only particular of the matter in question is when he will leave.

RussellEbertHandball mentioned last night he won't be sitting idle and rolling over. I too share his sentiments. Whilst he and I are capable of making things happen, we are cognisant of the stranglehold the AFL has on the club. But even in such dire circumstances, there are opportunities to enact big change.

Bottom line is that if you have a connection to any of the personnel on the Board of PAFC and you share similar feelings to the content of this post, inboxing REH or myself is appreciated and we can have a further discussion on how to proceed.

I have no connections at all but hope you guys can get our club back. If there is anything we can do as the "white noise" brigade of the supporter base, let us know.

Koch would know that one of the reasons why the AFL wanted Duncanson and his board gone was because they firstly signed off on the extension of Mark Williams and then bowed to supporter pressure and sacked him and had to pay his contract while employing a new coach, which was why we could only get the likes of Primus. It proved that they didn't have the stones to run a football club.

Extending Hinkley for two years after negotiating a 25% haircut ($800k down to $600k) per season but then removing the 50% payout clause (which made the contract value be the same) after the team was guaranteed a top four spot in 2020 was something that anyone sane would have done. You can say the 2017 extension wasn't that, but this one certainly was.

I don't want to go through 2011/2012 bullshit ever again. So if it means 20% of you drop off for the year, for good, whatever, I don't give a *. The club listened to the fans in 2010. You can't tell me that Williams coaching through 2011 and 2012 would have been any worse.
The club should have listened to the fans in 2009 but they extended Choco instead. And the bloke we missed out on as a result ended up coaching three premierships. You're a *head.

The club should have listened to the fans in 2009 but they extended Choco instead. And the bloke we missed out on as a result ended up coaching three premierships. You're a *head.
Exactly right. That's the reason we went through 11/12. And they're making the same thing happen again. Unforgivable this time.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not having a dip at any specific poster, but people still referring to the useless campaigner as `kochie' can sound like it's a term of affection, when it's obvious now the vast majority of regular posters on this site have absolutely no respect for the clown and his management style at all.

I have no doubt he and his ginormous ego still see himself as kochie the great saviour of the PAFC, when in actual fact he is kokhead the ineffectual w***er!

Just pronounce it Cockie from now on

As far as I'm concerned, we can stop referring to 2011/12 as the major crisis point of our club's history. What's happening right now is far worse than what occurred a decade ago. Our on field results were very poor, but at least back then, those in charge at Alberton actually cared about the club - unlike the muppets in charge at the moment. The official line is that Koch and Hinkley saved the club back then, whereas the opposite is painfully apparent: they're allowing the club to die, and what's worse - they don't care.
philreich, take a look at this:

58F22D5B-793B-463F-B2E9-E7D4298B1A52.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a post Clarkson at NM world, I'm certain now the most important thing to happen to the club from now is to bin Koch.
Hinkley has a contract and that could well end within 12 months.
The fish rots from the head though, and that's Koch. His board are there at his leisure. The rest of the jokers on the board are all there because Koch likes 'em. Dissenting voices in the member vote positions are switftly batted away. Cardone masterfully plays Michael to Koch's Fredo.
The CEO, by all accounts, is appointed as a cheap yes-man. The coach is able to guarantee his position with ridiculous ease.
Port Adelaide isn't meant to be this way. I don't want this administration going any where near a coaching appointment. Ken is staying, but getting rid of his patrons is far more important.

In a post Clarkson at NM world, I'm certain now the most important thing to happen to the club from now is to bin Koch.
The fish rots from the head though, and that's Koch. His board are there at his leisure. The rest of the jokers on the board are all there because Koch likes 'em. Dissenting voices in the member vote positions are switftly batted away. Cardone masterfully plays Michael to Koch's Fredo.
The CEO, by all accounts, is appointed as a cheap yes-man. The coach is able to guarantee his position with ridiculous ease.
Port Adelaide isn't meant to be this way. I don't want this administration going any where near a coaching appointment. Ken is staying, but getting rid of his patrons is far more important.
100%. We all agree.

But how?

IMO it needs to be a dedicated campaign from an alternative board with a high-profile chair (aka Cahill) supporter by prominent former players. This of course needs to be loudly supported by the members.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

100%. We all agree.

But how?

IMO it needs to be a dedicated campaign from an alternative board with a high-profile chair (aka Cahill) supporter by prominent former players. This of course needs to be loudly supported by the members.

What’s Bucky up to these days? Even if he only did it for 2 or 3 years to assist in some much-needed cultural rehabilitation.

100%. We all agree.

But how?

Yep 100%. Given the constitution/ownership structure of the club it could only be done by either a: an alternative board lobbying the AFL/Commission directly or a concerted grassroots campaign. It sucks, but it's the only way.

What’s Bucky up to these days? Even if he only did it for 2 or 3 years to assist in some much-needed cultural rehabilitation.
He had some lawyer firm or something on Pirie St for quite a while. Saw him regularly when I worked in the city. Not sure what hes doing now. Mostly retired I imagine. he is 70.

100%. We all agree.

But how?

I said 1 week ago in this very thread that REH and I aren't going to sit down and do nothing about the Board. You might think we are crazy, and there's a part of me that would agree with you. But the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are indeed the ones who do. So whilst I can't share specifics (for now), have a little faith.

If I were to say anything to David in particular, I would use the great words of Koch's favourite còck sucker Hinkley - "Look out. We're coming."

I said 1 week ago in this very thread that REH and I aren't going to sit down and do nothing about the Board. You might think we are crazy, and there's a part of me that would agree with you. But the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are indeed the ones who do. So whilst I can't share specifics (for now), have a little faith.

If I were to say anything to David in particular, I would use the great words of Koch's favourite còck sucker Hinkley - "Look out. We're coming."
I have some limited board experience and some governance training and a long term ambition to end up in the board.

I'd love to help any way I can.

Good luck getting a spot on the board. It's a closed shop and effectively by appointment only. If a grassroots candidate got any sort of traction they'd just stand an ex player against them to nullify the threat.

I agree, and I think the establishment of a supporters trust type body would be better for that reason.

The club aren't interested in our opinion and don't want us to have a voice, so we'll always be painted as white noise or a small minority if we're critical.

A supporters trust stops them from being able to paint us as a minority.

Naturally the #1 goal of a supporters trust should be explicitly stated as a member controlled board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back