• Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
otf7f5.jpg
Oh how i love youuuuuuuuuuuuu

I was talking to a guy yesterday that seems to know the inside outs of the Richmond coaching box fairly well. The way he spoke about Blake Carracella and the difference he has made to the side just had me thinking we have to go hard for him. Whether it's as our senior coach or as a senior assistant.

Carracella is in charge of ball movement and spread through the midfield, but he also has experience as a forward coach. All areas that need serious work at our club.

Not sure why he'd want to move from Richmond to St Kilda unless it's as a senior coach I though I suppose.

The board challenge at Richmond got the board moving and taking performance seriously. They spent up big replacing Choco with some really well regarded assistant coaches and Neil Balme as director of football. I think if this season can put pressure on our board and get them to open the purse strings a bit, it might be a good thing. We need to start getting someone over seeing footy operations and list management that makes everything cohesive. Some strategic assistants with enough experience at a successful club. Lots from good systems will leave for more money and being a senior assistant is not going to limit your future employment even if the side is s**t.

If we could spend up on Caracalla or Ratten and chase down a really strong head kicking head of footy we will get better results that just changing coaches.

The board challenge at Richmond got the board moving and taking performance seriously. They spent up big replacing Choco with some really well regarded assistant coaches and Neil Balme as director of football. I think if this season can put pressure on our board and get them to open the purse strings a bit, it might be a good thing. We need to start getting someone over seeing footy operations and list management that makes everything cohesive. Some strategic assistants with enough experience at a successful club. Lots from good systems will leave for more money and being a senior assistant is not going to limit your future employment even if the side is s**t.

If we could spend up on Caracalla or Ratten and chase down a really strong head kicking head of footy we will get better results that just changing coaches.
Have you been peeking at Lethal’s strategy documents?

Tony74 believes Richo, Skrobo, Sammy, and Henry will stay, but doesnt know what will happen if a new board moves in.

It sounds like Richo will survive so as Gringo has mentioned lets hope the club can surround him with some very very good assistants/mentor.

Glad to hear Sexton, Kingsley, Welsh and McPhee look to be going. If they are influencing Richo they have taken him in completely the wrong direction. They wont have trouble finding another job if they are as good as we hear?

Another I would replace is Gilbee in the development role. I have heard him speak several times and lets just say he doesnt present as the sharpest tool in the shed. Replace him with Dal Santo or similiar.

Last edited:
Id have a serious dip at Mitchell if we can. Also Tudor.
Tony74 believes Richo, Skrobo, Sammy, and Henry will stay, but doesnt know what will happen if a new board moves in.

It sounds like Richo will survive so as Gringo has mentioned lets hope the club can surround him with some very very good assistants/mentor.

Glad to hear Sexton, Kingsley, Welsh and McPhee look to be going. If they are influencing Richo they have taken him in completely the wrong direction. They wont have trouble finding another job if they are as good as we hear?

Another I would replace is Gilbee in the development role. I have heard him speak several times and lets just say he doesnt present as the sharpest tool in the shed. Replace him with Dal Santo or similiar.

I heard Dal saying he was commentating in our game and involuntarily started yelling orders at players in the last few minutes. He said he was yelling at Membrey to get behind the ball. Good to see he still has some passion for the club.

I heard Dal saying he was commentating in our game and involuntarily started yelling orders at players in the last few minutes. He said he was yelling at Membrey to get behind the ball. Good to see he still has some passion for the club.
How good was that today ? He still loves the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the first time in a while I watched Cho's post game and surprisingly I didn't go to sleep or throw the phone across the room, so it must have been alright. But then I watched Stewie Dew's post game for comparison, and..... well...I guess it was refreshing to see a straight talking senior coach again. If we could ever see something like that from Cho, l might have some faith that he actually knew what he was on about.

I'm pretty sure the agenda now should be acquiring 1 or 2 assistants that can take over next year if/when Cho gets the arse.
Caracalla and Voss and Mitchell, with Rattan somewhere in there too. I think that might make Cho sweat just a little.

why would we keep him?
honestly i think for the guys like Sexton and Kingsly they are prob due for a change at another club ... with Mcphee i think his role should be in palyer development not as an assistant coach ... he was fantastic in the WAFL at getting the young guys to step up from school footy to be AFL players putting him as a midfield coach in my opinion was setting him up to fail ...

unless it was a senior coach role i doubt it ... the WCE would have more cash sitting in Mitchells car ashtray then the Saints would have in the entire footy department budget

Cash vs go home factor? Agreed we can't compete for the coin

I'm happy we won but I won't lie I'm a little disappointed too. If we'd lost, Richo's head would be on the chopping block but as it stands he seems safe after we beat arguably the worst current team in the league...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back