• Robert Harvey

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Mark Thompson

Votes: 14 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point St. Cicatriz. Timing is everything. Being an assistant is the best job in the industry. Highly paid. All care, no responsibility. The other side of the coin is opportunity. You'll never see Adam Kingsley land a senior job. Too long as an assistant. Opportunity knocks rarely and there are only 18 jobs available for an entire industry that is hugely competitive. If the offer comes, few would have the sense or lack of ego not to bite.

the issue for kingsley IMO isn't so much the amount of time as an assistant its more the lack of experience. he's been at pretty much one club the last decade, a club that hasn't played finals in 7 seasons, where he has been a very senior assistant. he was pretty much 2IC to richo this year and the results went backwards. any damage done to richo's name has also been done to kingsleys IMO.

kingsley would need to exit out club and join a club that plays finals before he gets even shortlisted for any job.

Our last game we won by 2 points playing the current worst team - it only put a pause on the sack Richardson calls - if we get flogged by the Demons , Richo will be under the pump again.
I hope he doesn't get sack because if he stays we might get pick one.
Not concerned about pick 1 but Rank is a jet.
If 3 will get him I'm fine with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any thoughts on Mathew Knights as coach

I'd rather keep Richo for his contract length than bring in a formerly sacked coach in the vein of Mathew Knights.

The two sacked coaches that spring to mind that I think were unfairly sacked were Brett Ratten and maye Guy McKenna. Thought Guy was hard done by with such a spud of a team.

I'd rather keep Richo for his contract length than bring in a formerly sacked coach in the vein of Mathew Knights.

The two sacked coaches that spring to mind that I think were unfairly sacked were Brett Ratten and maye Guy McKenna. Thought Guy was hard done by with such a spud of a team.
Guy probably burnt his chances when he previously interviewed for our senior job. One of the worst ever, I'm told. Hard to know how he got the GC job. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, old blue.

Just looking at clarko in the coaches box he looks like an owl assesing the future. When i see richo he looks like he sucked on a ******* seriously sour lemon.
Watching the dogs game the other night Beveridge is really involved in the game. He's a part of it.
Richo looks like a bloke who's watching the game and sort of hoping.

Guy probably burnt his chances when he previously interviewed for our senior job. One of the worst ever, I'm told. Hard to know how he got the GC job. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, old blue.
We can only go as low as 18 on the ladder, and we're almost there, so I doubt if McKenna could do any worse than Richo after 5 years, unless there's a hidden 19th position

We can only go as low as 18 on the ladder, and we're almost there, so I doubt if McKenna could do any worse than Richo after 5 years, unless there's a hidden 19th position
Elle MacPherson addressing the players would certainly get the players up but not in the way that makes us play better football.

Knights was always in trouble after taking on Ess after Sheedy.

McKenna as a new coach in a new team was always heading for trouble. Interestingly probably why Sheedy got the gig at GWS AFL learning from their mistakes.

Richo stays I reckon just get a really good Head of Football that he reports to and takes direction from. Eade is my suggestion

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back