Zack

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
It is no longer acceptable to put up with someone who is incompetent at their job and unable to have any belief in their own players. I have had number 30 on my dufflecoat as testimony to how much i like this bloke but he cannot coach at this point of time!!! (Scary thing uis he has shown on at least 5 out of 50 he can and we have beaten the best) However we cannot afford to miss the finals at his ineptitude because we have the tean to walk in there. A collingwood friend I went to the footy with said we are crap and we are killing you even though on paper you have a 10 goal better side, yeah I agree but on paper they have a coach and we have a guy using melbourne's embarassing style of the mid 90's that got Balme sacked. I will write more but I am too angry with the insipid, embarassing coaching I as a member have paid for too watch. Let's face it, it was bad enough fpr Parkin to risk sacking to get it changed now we have gone back to it.

• Banned
Suzi,

Can I at least ask why he keeps such an obvious and easily beaten style of attack? I think he has been holding a leash too tight with our game plan. If you treat adults as children for too long and control every facet of their game when you let them finally go they run off quickly and get lost because nobody knows where they are going. That is what our attack currently looks like... lost. And when you hold them on the leash everyone knows where they are going and that's what opposition teams do they just wait because they know where we are going.

It took two or three weeks after last years freo game for the boys to get confident and know where they should be and how each other played when they were not stifled by a chip and charge game plan when he took off the brakes. Now he has put them on again and once everyone worked it out last year we got killed in games (the first well 8... 3 or 4 we were lucky could have gone either way 2 or 3 were good and 2 were very convincing don't believe the hype. that we killed teams and were this superpower) Anyway I like Schwab and think he has the tools unlike Judge to be a good attacking coach and has shown it, but he has also shown a propensity to play negatively and has reverted back to it this year which must have some effect on morale... players do realise that if you are going man on man everywhere your coach thinks you are going to struggle today. We are doing it every day so it is cause for concern. If we attack and lose we were beaten by a better team but if we concede and go defensive from the outset against everyone are we not losing the game almost b4 it is played? It feels like that is our mindset when watching games. I mean Freo second half we went man on man we should be attacking and blowing them apart. We had a lead why do you need to protect it? We should be playing confidently and trying to extend it.

Originally posted by Zack
Suzi,

Can I at least ask why he keeps such an obvious and easily beaten style of attack? I think he has been holding a leash too tight with our game plan. If you treat adults as children for too long and control every facet of their game when you let them finally go they run off quickly and get lost because nobody knows where they are going. That is what our attack currently looks like... lost. And when you hold them on the leash everyone knows where they are going and that's what opposition teams do they just wait because they know where we are going.

It took two or three weeks after last years freo game for the boys to get confident and know where they should be and how each other played when they were not stifled by a chip and charge game plan when he took off the brakes. Now he has put them on again and once everyone worked it out last year we got killed in games (the first well 8... 3 or 4 we were lucky could have gone either way 2 or 3 were good and 2 were very convincing don't believe the hype. that we killed teams and were this superpower) Anyway I like Schwab and think he has the tools unlike Judge to be a good attacking coach and has shown it, but he has also shown a propensity to play negatively and has reverted back to it this year which must have some effect on morale... players do realise that if you are going man on man everywhere your coach thinks you are going to struggle today. We are doing it every day so it is cause for concern. If we attack and lose we were beaten by a better team but if we concede and go defensive from the outset against everyone are we not losing the game almost b4 it is played? It feels like that is our mindset when watching games. I mean Freo second half we went man on man we should be attacking and blowing them apart. We had a lead why do you need to protect it? We should be playing confidently and trying to extend it.
I know the reason why Zack,

It is because of the basic skill levels which we need to have.
All of the members who are in his group are all supportive of him in this.
I don't know why we are losing nearly every week, but we should all have some faith and keep it. The hawks will come good.

I will pass your comments onto Schwabby. I think that you will be pleasently surprised in the next few weeks.
Keep the faith and please do not be negative towards Schwabby.
Unity is needed here by everyone who is a hawthorn supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back