Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind the two free agency moves, both with low guarantees next year. Really do need a point guard, you're right in that Rubio would be a great fit. If we could get him for cheap I would jump at it but I'm not sure what it would cost.

Also picked up Anthony Tolliver from Detroit ex Phoenix. Can play big but also shoots the 3 reasonably well. Will play back up mins behind the 3-4 positions.

Afflalo is not a bad pick up. Will be the starting SG. Can get his shot, is a good spot up shooter and prior than last year at the Knicks, was able to get to the free throw line regularly at Orlando.

The feeling I am getting over here (I'm in Minnesota at the moment, back to Sacramento next Saturday) is they don't want Rondo back, want Gay out also via trade and Rubio appears to be going elsewhere although not sure quite where as Minnesota seems to be waiting on the dust to settle with free agency as they believe they will get a better deal with July 4th Monday (no trading) and then the Durant decision to be made.

We definitely need another PG although the ranks on the free agent list is getting rather thin.

Also looks like we are the top destination for Dion Waiters. Would be a very good get for the team. Should be focussing on signing him as well as seeing whats around for Gay.

Last edited:
Now I'm hearing Rondo gone to Chicago in a 2 year deal.

However......wait for it........I am hearing the Kings are getting Garrett Temple and Matt Barnes out of free agency.......yep you read right, Garrett Temple and Matt Barnes.

FFS.......just move the bloody team to Seattle and be done with it.

And here I was thinking supporting Essendon this year was going to be tough....at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel there.

So I guess this is where it is looking at the moment unless some trades go down.

Starting 5
PG Collison
SG Afflalo
SF Gay
PF Cauley-Stein
C Cousins

Bench
PG-SG Garrett Temple
SF Matt Barnes
C Kosta Koufas
SG Ben McLemore
F Omri Casspi
F Anthony Tolliver
F Caron Butler
F-C Skal Labissiere
C George Papagiannis
G Isiah Cousins

So what's everyone thoughts on how it sits so far?

Don't think they will challenge many teams (and I can't see playoffs appearing) however training will be highly competitive with 5 on 5 being very even.

What is everyone thinking bout this? Is it time to bite the bullet and trade either Cousins or Gay or both and see what we could get for them?

I think Gay will be gone, if we could get a young PG for him I would be very happy but I doubt it happens. Defensively we're a lot better and I think there will be suitors for Koufos too. I think at least two of Gay, McLemore and Koufos are gone by the time we start the season. PG is my main worry but I'm not too worried about the moves. We were never going to lure top end free agents and we haven't ****ed our cap space for the next couple of years by handing out some of the ridiculous deals that have been going around.

I don't really know though. The optimism really isn't there. Show me you can do better please in season Sactown.

I think trading mclemore and koufas for a pg would be good. someone like Eric Bledsoe .

If not sign jennings as back up collison and trade these guys for picks.

Not sure why the hate for Gay, is a good sf and a clutch shooter and a scorer something this team needs as well. and his contract is reasonable so why trade him.

Matt Barnes is 36 not exactly young.

I also like the affalo pick up, he is a very good team player.

we will have a solid defensive unit this season unlike last season lol.

Butler and Duke was both waived today.

We are now down to 13 man roster.

Talk today of a trade involving Cousins and Koufas to Cleveland for Love, Schumpart and 1st rounds picks in 2017, 2018 & 2020.

Thoughts? Should we do it?

Butler and Duke was both waived today.

We are now down to 13 man roster.

Talk today of a trade involving Cousins and Koufas to Cleveland for Love, Schumpart and 1st rounds picks in 2017, 2018 & 2020.

Thoughts? Should we do it?

I don't think we should trade cousins unless its for another superstar.

In terms of that trade. Its not a good trade, due to the fact that the picks will in 25 - 30 range

Love is not the same player he was at the wolves (but that might be because he is not the main man.)

And we have Garrett Temple who is similar schumpart anyway.

I agree it's not a good trade but you are better off trying something new and failing than failing year in and year out and never getting better which is currently what's happening.

I keep coming back to the same thing when I think about it.......although extremely talented........Cousins and his attitude is the problem! Sometimes enough is enough.

Question - Will Cousins attitude change with this line up around him including the new coach as per nearly every other year? I would love to say yes although I don't think it will.

I don't think Love is the answer either but the city is just about to give up on them if the half hearted efforts they displayed last year happens again this year. People and supporters are happy to lose as long as they see effort given by the team and especially their leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still believe we wouldn't have wasted 2 yr if they had kept Malone, he was the only coach that cousins was willing to play for. And played great defense under.

Now with Coach Joerger we will see the Cousins playing with the right attitude, from time to time he will have his outburst but that's just him.

He is already got Willie approval haha

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article87628167.html

With Curry, Jennings gone not many backup PG left will need to trade for one.

I still believe we wouldn't have wasted 2 yr if they had kept Malone, he was the only coach that cousins was willing to play for. And played great defense under.

Now with Coach Joerger we will see the Cousins playing with the right attitude, from time to time he will have his outburst but that's just him.

He is already got Willie approval haha

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article87628167.html

With Curry, Jennings gone not many backup PG left will need to trade for one.

I was in Sacramento when Malone coached and went to many games. The new ownership didn't like his style of game he had the team playing as they wanted an up tempo game like the old team of Webber, Peja, j-Will/Bibby. They told Malone that and he wouldn't change his ways so they sent him on his way. Although the team had probably played the best it had since then, it was unattractive basketball for a fan base that only 6 months earlier thought they were losing their team altogether.

All players will (should) say the right thing about any new coach. Otherwise unless your the star (Cousins) you will be seen as a trouble maker and have your minutes diminished or traded altogether. Basketball 101.....unless you have other options or are too good to be traded, just say what people want to hear and try and not upset anyone.

I hear what you say and I want to agree with you but how many chances do you give someone before you say that's enough! I'm not against Cousins but I do wish he would become the leader that we all hope for. Like I posted over a year ago on here......getting stats doesn't lead a team, it's the little things including attitude that make good players into great players.

Well the ownership screw up there by firing a coach that was making a winning culture. As a fan would rather see a team win dirty defensively them lose flashy. Rash decisions have cost this franchise another 2 yrs. including drafting, ownership should not be making drafting choice (Nik Stauskas).

you could see last year even when willie spoke it was forced and he didnt like Karl so even if its scripted you can tell.

Hopefully this will be the year we see the cousins we hope for. Its not like he a bad person off the court either. He really loves the city and the community and is a role model for kids off the court.

Still we NEED A PG lol.

Why didn't you guys re-sign Curry for 3 mil? He shoots and he passes and killed the end of the season.

I bet it pisses off the fanbase the way it pisses off NOP that we didn't re-sign Ennis for a pittance.

Why didn't you guys re-sign Curry for 3 mil? He shoots and he passes and killed the end of the season.

I bet it pisses off the fanbase the way it pisses off NOP that we didn't re-sign Ennis for a pittance.

Didn't make much sense, we need back up PG 3 mil is very reasonable.

Wanna trade Tyreke back?

Didn't make much sense, we need back up PG 3 mil is very reasonable.

Wanna trade Tyreke back?

Watcha got

Actually we need a big. Reke for Giannis Dad :D

Last edited:
Mclemore and/or Koufas

8cce6dc4_34ht9hz.jpeg

Reke for your 1st?

haha if you can get it from the bulls its yours

Reke > kings
Mclemore and/or Koufas > Bulls
Kings 1st > NOP

Is your 1st owed to Chicago next year?