Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its still protected i think but yep owed to them from the jj hickson trade years ago which was first traded to Cleveland then somehow went to Chicago in another trade

2017 first round draft pick to Chicago
Sacramento's 1st round pick to Chicago (via Cleveland) protected for selections 1-10 in 2017; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento will instead convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Chicago protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Chicago will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011; Chicago-Cleveland, 1/7/2014]

Protected for 1-10 and then the last 4 picks in the draft?

giphy.gif

Kangz gonna Kang I guess

Last edited:
2017 first round draft pick to Chicago
Sacramento's 1st round pick to Chicago (via Cleveland) protected for selections 1-10 in 2017; if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento will instead convey its 2017 2nd round pick to Chicago protected for selections 56-60 (if this pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyed, then Sacramento's obligation to Chicago will be extinguished) [Cleveland-Sacramento, 6/30/2011; Chicago-Cleveland, 1/7/2014]

Protected for 1-10 and then the last 4 picks in the draft?

giphy.gif

Kangz gonna Kang I guess

Yep that's why we are most dysfunctional franchise in the league

I've never ever ever seen a pick protection before that didn't go 1-x or 31-x

lolololololol

Oh wait here's one

Miami's 2nd round pick to Memphis protected for selections 41-60 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018

I've never ever ever seen a pick protection before that didn't go 1-x or 31-x

lolololololol

Oh wait here's one

Miami's 2nd round pick to Memphis protected for selections 41-60 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018
Atlanta's 2017 2nd round pick to San Antonio protected for selections 31-55

Lel

That protection is quite common

Atlanta's 2017 2nd round pick to San Antonio protected for selections 31-55

Lel

That protection is quite common

Portland 2019 second round draft pick to Orlando or Detroit
Orlando will receive the most favorable of Orlando's 2019 2nd round pick, Cleveland's 2019 2nd round pick, Houston's 2019 2nd round pick and Portland's 2019 2nd round pick (via Orlando's right to swap for Cleveland or Houston (via Cleveland and Houston to New York) then the Detroit-Orlando conveyance of the Portland pick); if Orlando exercises this swap right, then New York will receive the Orlando pick and the less favorable of the Cleveland pick and the Houston pick; if Orlando does not exercise this swap right, then New York will receive the Cleveland pick and the Houston pick; Detroit will receive the less favorable of i) the Portland pick and ii) the most favorable of the Orlando pick, the Cleveland pick and the Houston pick [Cleveland-New York-Oklahoma City, 1/5/2015; Houston-New York, 2/19/2015; New York-Orlando, 7/9/2015; Detroit-Orlando, 6/29/2016]

1202.gif

We'll, well, well......just finished watching summer league kings v pelicans.

Papagiannis was just plain awful. Terrible in fact. Reminded me of Jim Havrilla of ex tassie devils fame, famous for breaking a back board at nbl blitz early 90's.
He looked slow, terrible shot, and got outrun on defense. He is a big unit but didn't look to have any post moves capable of being a threat. Extremely disappointing and mind boggling they went this way at the draft.

In positive news, Labriesse played quite well and hustled quite well on both ends of the court. Had a couple of dunks and also hit from the outside which was quite good.

David Stockton played well although outsized. Played good defence and penetrated the defence a number of times.

Kings were in front at half time by about 7 however scored 11 points in the 3rd quarter whilst Buddy Hield had 17 himself in the quarter.

Can't read too much into Summer League though as a team cause most players have never played with each other before.

Conclusion from game is.....Labriesse will back up Cousins and Cauley Stein in the regular season for limited minutes and will be handy in this role and this is a big call but don't be surprised if Papagiannis isn't even with the team come opening night. He was that bad!

Last edited:
Papagiannis, the most cofnusing lottery pick since Sam Bowie before Jordan

See it's so confusing I couldn't even spell the word right o_O

There is literally no basis in picking him unless Kangz are convinced DMC is going. But dat circular logic

Who is even running the point in Sac Town? Collison?

Bah Gods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel for the fans

Feel for the fans

The fans around here are checked out already. It should be full of excitement with the new arena opening however most are like.......we will suck again, so who cares? Bring on the football season.

They really need to find something good for Gay.

I'm going to Oakland tomorrow night for Team USA v China. should be good to hear the crowds reaction to welcoming Kevin Durant to his new home court.

The fans around here are checked out already. It should be full of excitement with the new arena opening however most are like.......we will suck again, so who cares? Bring on the football season.

They really need to find something good for Gay.

I'm going to Oakland tomorrow night for Team USA v China. should be good to hear the crowds reaction to welcoming Kevin Durant to his new home court.

Seeing as Vlade loves centres, we'll give you Asik for Gay :p

Not a bad night at Oracle. Cousins topped scored with 21 points and 11 boards and was just too big and strong in the paint. Makes me stay with my original thinking of if we trade him...it has to be for another all-star. He is just too big and strong for most in the league to handle.

Curry and Iggy sitting front row at half court with about 200 people around them, at half time trying to get a photo. Lots of warriors chants and also MVP chants whenever he was shown on the scoreboard.

Gives me hope again, that someday the kings will be back in that same spotlight. In 1999, I brought tickets 6 rows back from the court for the GSW vs Kings at Oracle for $121. The same tickets today would be in excess of $600. It's crazy. They were saying tonight they have 5,500 people on the waiting list for season tickets.

Our defense was horrible last year.
with defensive minded coach and defensive player we have already brought in, with a game plan which suits the player the team will do alright.

Just need a pg.

Houston interested Rudy, I reckon we could do a three way trade with them and Phoenix and try to get bledsoe to team cousins

sac out mclemore, koufas, Gay

In Bledsoe and maybe Ariza

other part of deals not sure picks involved as well

but probably just wishful thinking

Last day in sacramento. Flying out tonight at 11.30pm and going to miss the warm weather. Was 106 degrees yesterday.

So we are no closer to knowing what the team will look like come the end of the trade period let alone on opening night.

In most trade rumours I've seen, they all have the kings getting the raw end of the deal in my opinion. There hasn't been one yet where my first reaction has been....wow, do it!!!

Our defense was horrible last year.
with defensive minded coach and defensive player we have already brought in, with a game plan which suits the player the team will do alright.

Just need a pg.

Houston interested Rudy, I reckon we could do a three way trade with them and Phoenix and try to get bledsoe to team cousins

sac out mclemore, koufas, Gay

In Bledsoe and maybe Ariza

other part of deals not sure picks involved as well

but probably just wishful thinking

lol keep dreemen

MY GOD THIS TEAM IS TERRIBLE. Why is it as soon as you put in a Kings jersey you play dumb basketball.

Lawson has just been plain awful. Cousins thinks he is Ray Allen trying to shoot 3's all the time. The one highlight I think has been Matt Barnes (although I don't like him), he has been playing well and giving a spark off the bench.

It's time to start trading players Couskns and Gay while they still have currency and value. Even the young guys McLemore and WCS have stalled in their development and this years 3 draft picks are all with Reno now as I predicted whilst watching summer league.

The highlight of watching games is when they pan into the foyer of the stadium and we see the neon signs of Sacramento. At least that brings back good memories, unlike what's happening on court.

No wonder no one had written on this forum since August. I didn't think it could get much worse than last year......I was wrong!!!!

More like Sacramento Jokers amirite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back