Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

oh well I guess now it's a bottom out and rebuild of sorts with a couple extra draft picks. I'm assuming Gay will pick up his option next season so hopefully we can find a trade for him as an expiring and that'll give us some extra wriggle room to sign some free agents (not holding much hope for it though)

Out: Cousins, Casspi
In: Hield, Evans, Galloway

Galloway will likely be waived.

These next few years are going to be so painful to watch. It's already bad now. It'll be even worse then. :(

The Kings could potentially have one of the quickest starting five line-ups in the league. All they need to do now during the off-season is go after a free agent who can play at the three spot as that small forward or forward type role. A player like Otto Porter for example, is exactly what the Kings need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you all back on or are you still not happy with where the franchise is heading? Thoughts? Have been on this site for quite a while.

Are you all back on or are you still not happy with where the franchise is heading? Thoughts. Have been on this site for quite a while.

I'm happy with the direction the Kings are taking. If you had of asked me when they traded Cousins, I would've said the outlook is bleak, but they loaded up on draft night with Fox, Jackson, Mason III and Giles.

Fox, Hield, Jackson, Cauley-Stein and Labissiere is not a bad starting line-up heading into the 2017-18 season. That is some serious talent. The two guard combo of Fox and Hield is going to be dynamic.

Now comes the difficult part for the Kings management to keep this young core roster together and not be tempted to trade any of the young players out after 2 or 3 years rather then stick with them and let them develope together and build a team that can contend for a title down the track.

I'm happy with the direction the Kings are taking. If you had of asked me when they traded Cousins, I would've said the outlook is bleak, but they loaded up on draft night with Fox, Jackson, Mason III and Giles.

Fox, Hield, Jackson, Cauley-Stein and Labissiere is not a bad starting line-up heading into the 2017-18 season. That is some serious talent. The two guard combo of Fox and Hield is going to be dynamic.

Now comes the difficult part for the Kings management to keep this young core roster together and not be tempted to trade any of the young players out after 2 or 3 years rather then stick with them and let them develope together and build a team that can contend for a title down the track.

Kings are young but have the makings of a well rounded team. Fox is a gun & Giles could be the steal of the draft if he stays fit (touted as number 1 in his senior year at high school then got injured). At least they've committed to a rebuild & seem to have done it pretty well.

I just wish the Knicks would do them same. FML.

Starting 5 opening night will be the following I think:

PG - Hill
SG - Hield
SF - Temple
PF - Randolph
C - Koufas

However after the first half of the season, it will change to this I think:

PG - Hill
SG - Hield
SF - Bogdanovic
PF - Labriessre
C - Cauley Stein

Starting 5 opening night will be the following I think:

PG - Hill
SG - Hield
SF - Temple
PF - Randolph
C - Koufas

However after the first half of the season, it will change to this I think:

PG - Hill
SG - Hield
SF - Bogdanovic
PF - Labriessre
C - Cauley Stein

Zero chance Koufas starts at the five spot given he isn't an offensive threat and would be taking valuable mintues away from Cauley-Stein who averaged a near double-double last season after the all-star break.

Cauley-Stein will be the number one center on the team and will almost certainly in be starting five when the season kicks off.

we-are-going-streaking.jpg

Kings AND my Pels in early playoff contention.
Tis a wonderful time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back