Sacramento Kings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok king's fam. There is a long standing love from the old heads on this board for 2 struggling franchises.

I have spoken to the brethren from The Pelican Brief.

If our team moves to Seattle can we all get NBA asylum?

I can bring a more creative thread title if that doesn't sound too condescending

Ok king's fam. There is a long standing love from the old heads on this board for 2 struggling franchises.

I have spoken to the brethren from The Pelican Brief.

If our team moves to Seattle can we all get NBA asylum?

I can bring a more creative thread title if that doesn't sound too condescending

Yes. Pelkings here we come :D

Kings to finally make the play offs this year but there is some genuine excitement for the long term success as well!
Look, I love you guys. I already spoken to your higher ups about merging.

Temper your excitement. Likely neither happen

I come in peace.

Harrison Barnes is a really interesting player. His first 2 years in Dallas flashed a game that I never noticed in GS. He could hit tough shots off the dribble and create for himself. He isn't a dribbler. He basically makes 1 move and drives straight, but he had a little pull up game. The issue was he was a mildly efficient player who did'nt shoot enough 3s, get to the line or create for anyone.

When Doncic came, part of his game because what was hoped. He increased his 3 point quantity, and his accuracy also increased. He is a legit good spot up shooter. But the rest of his game cratered. His rebounding fell off a cliff. Became a bigger black hole. And his off the bounce game disappeared. He can defend ok though.

He's a very mechanical player, and every move seems pre-rehearsed. Classic 'if he ever puts it all together...' player.

It's a strange trade for the Kings.
I have faith in Barnes but his contract doesn't quite fit his output.
The upside is massive as I really don't think he wanted to play a Dallas, but Warriors wouldn't pay him what he could get paid somewhere else.

I sincerely hope the Kings absolutely love him mid term to fit around the core they are building into a good roster.

If not the just gave the Mavs cap relief.

I like both teams so I hope it works out well for everyone

Look, I love you guys. I already spoken to your higher ups about merging.

Temper your excitement. Likely neither happen
Clippers are going into a major tank mode to keep that pick. Lakers are self combusting (ain’t it great?!) and your mob is unlikely to tade AD to them before the deadline....in fact they would be dumb to do it. Door is all of a sudden opening up for the Kings.

Stacked with good young talent and they just improved their talent level and addressed major position of need. Barnes is the best option we have had as SF since Gay. He is not expected to be a top scorer. In fact he will likely be #3 option and in time #4 on the team. His long range shooting opens up things for Fox even more.

Burks adds another creator off the bench which takes the load off Bogdanović who doesn’t have to be a sole creator off the bench and he can play his more natural game.

Essentially, Kings traded away Shumpert (big cultural loss), Randolph (has not played a second this year) Justin Jackson (9th-10th man) for Barnes, Burks and 2nd round pick. Barnes addresses the long term option at SF (fits the age profile and what Kings need from a SF).

I am pretty optimistic about our chances.

What is Jackson like as a player?
Kings fans didn’t like the inconsistency but I think he will be a very solid 3 and D player who has a pretty good floater off a dribble or two when the opponent closes out.

Not going to be a star but the sort of player who will play his role and try hard defensively. Great guy too. He is going to a good franchise with a very good coach.

What are some people’s thoughts on where the Kings sit heading into the off-season? For the first time ever I can confidently say as a Kings fan that they will make the playoffs next year.

Fox, Hield and Bagley are All-Star potential. If those three keep on improving then I see no reason as to why the Kings won’t be a top 5 team in the Western Conference in 2019-20.

The Kings have one major deficiency and that is the centre position. Cauley-Stein should just walk as a free agent. He’s not worth the big money and he’s too inconsistent. A player like Nikola Vucevic is exactly what Sacramento needs going forward. He would mesh nicely alongside Bjelica and Bogdanovic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PG: De'Aaron Fox, Corey Joseph, Yogi Farrell, Frank Mason
SG: Buddy Hield, Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF: Harrison Barnes, Trevor Ariza, BJ Johnson
PF: Marvin Bagley, Harry Giles, Nemanja Bjelica, Caleb Swanigan
C: Dewayne Dedmon, Richaun Holmes

Really liking the depth we have at all positions. Adding some vets to our team while also improving on some areas (Dedmon over WCS)

I did some quick salary work (not 100% accurate in the numbers) but it's nice to see that the deals of Joseph, Ariza and Dedmon all have last year partial guarantees and all fall in line with Bagley and Fox's extensions. I'm slightly worried about Hield and Bogdanovic who are both expiring at the end of next season and will probably get paid.

PlayerAge2019-202020-212021-222022-23
Harrison Barnes
27​
$ 23,000,000.00 $ 22,000,000.00 $ 21,000,000.00 $ 19,000,000.00
Bogdan Bogdanovic
26​
$ 8,529,386.00
Marvin Bagley
20​
$ 8,556,120.00 $ 8,963,640.00 $ 11,312,114.00
Nemanja Bjelica
31​
$ 6,825,000.00 $ 7,150,000.00
De'Aaron Fox
21​
$ 6,392,760.00 $ 8,099,627.00
Buddy Hield
26​
$ 4,861,208.00
Yogi Ferrell
26​
$ 3,150,000.00
Harry Giles
21​
$ 2,578,800.00 $ 3,976,510.00
Caleb Swanigan
22​
$ 2,033,160.00 $ 3,665,787.00
Frank Mason
25​
$ 1,618,520.00
B.J. Johnson
23​
$ 1,416,852.00
Dewayne Dedmon
29​
$ 13,600,000.00 $ 13,600,000.00 $ 13,600,000.00
Corey Joseph
27​
$ 12,333,333.00 $ 12,333,333.00 $ 12,333,333.00
Trevor Ariza
34​
$ 12,500,000.00 $ 12,500,000.00
Richaun Holmes
25​
$ 5,000,000.00 $ 5,000,000.00
Justin James
22​
Rookie (Not sure on $)
Kyle Guy
21​
Rookie (Not sure on $)
Matt Barnes (Left over from stretch provision when Waived)
39​
$ 2,133,541.00
Team Totals $ 112,395,139.00 $ 97,288,897.00 $ 58,245,447.00 $ 19,000,000.00
Team OptionGuaranteed
Not/Partial Guaranteed

Looking forward to next year as I really think we can push to that 8th to 5th range.

G’day everyone.
Wrote a piece on my boy Richaun Holmes and his importance to the Kings this past season.

Would appreciate you guys giving it a read, any feedback and criticism would be even moreso appreciated.

We are sorely missing his rim presence in these scrimmage games. Hopefully hes back in soon and we can have a tilt at playoffs.

Fixture has worked out well for us, Facing the tougher teams right at the end when theyve hopefully already clinched so they may rest the stars before playoffs

Yeah I think previously we were below a treadmill team but now we are smack in the middle

Still a treadmill team. Too good to bottom out and not good enough to even make a play in.

What a year with the upcoming draft to not fully suck.

Here's to another pick 7 next year that may just well be a role player but will end up on some other team anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back