Opinion Sacrifice the AFL for a VFL Flag (poll added)?

Should we sacrifice the senior side to benefit the VFL side in their finals tilt?

• Yes: Cloke, Williams, etc are probably gone so why not keep them in the twos to play finals?

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • No: If a senior player deserves a call up, he plays seniors, no matter what happens in the VFL.

Votes: 57 57.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Greening Magic

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope the Players in the VFL Don't think you don't give a Flying F**k about them

TD, I'd hope the VFL guys would be desperate to play in the one's next weekend like every other listed AFL player.
I go to about 5 VFL games a year TD and I hope they go all the way in the 2's but it should never be at the expense of the senior team.

OK thanks, what they didn't do was keep him out of the AFL purely to bolster the VFL. If they had of replaced Sack with Tim Golds so Marley wasn't ineligible then I'd have a problem.

Golds was named out Best in the VFL vs Box Hill;)

I have Legit Reasons why I would play Cox over Cloke from the Weekend

TD, I'd hope the VFL guys would be desperate to play in the one's next weekend like every other listed AFL player.
I go to about 5 VFL games a year TD and I hope they go all the way in the 2's but it should never be at the expense of the senior team.

Well having Cloke in the Side or Not would not make any Difference

Greening Magic

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Golds was named out Best in the VFL vs Box Hill;)

I have Legit Reasons why I would play Cox over Cloke from the Weekend

If they think Cox would be better than Cloke then I've got no drama with that TD.
What I would object to if they preferred Cloke in the 1st's but left him in the 2's just to qualify him for the finals.
If they do that, it's a slap in the face to the 22 that run out against the Hawks, sends a horrible message to the playing group.

esc0bar

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cloke has to play seniors. Not interested in topping up our VFL team with AFL standard players but I can see how some people might be attracted to the idea. If the VFL team is good enough it will beat the best team in the VFL with OUR VFL listed players, we shouldn't have to rely on AFL standard players to get us over the line. In some regards I would see this is as an unethical decision.

Last edited:
What are your reasons?

Cox was more Involved. Took More Marks. Did okay in the Ruck.

Cloke Goals where lot Cheap Ones from the Goal Square. Not Much Defensive Effort and He is not part of the Future at Collingwood

Cloke has to play seniors. Not interested in topping up our VFL team with AFL standard players but I can see how some people might be attracted to the idea. If the team is good enough to beat the best team in the VFL with OUR VFL listed players, we shouldn't have to rely on AFL standard players to get us over the line. In some regards I would see this is as an unethical decision.

We have a Stand Alone Side so we do Rely on the AFL Players:rolleyes:

Going by what you said. We might as well stayed with Williamstown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have next to 0% of beating the Hawks
it does not matter if you, l or any one else think we have no chance this week dave, but l stress
it sends the wrong message to the playing group that we our not serious about winning and building the
right culture around the team to succeed . the 1sts come 1st every time no matter what the cost to the vfl chances
of a flag

Cox was more Involved. Took More Marks. Did okay in the Ruck.

Cloke Goals where lot Cheap Ones from the Goal Square. Not Much Defensive Effort and He is not part of the Future at Collingwood
till cloke is traded he is apart of our future. nothing is certain in life or what the future holds

Yes but should only have players who cant make the cut at AFL level... Not our AFL standard players being sent into battle

Well I have Doubts that Cloke is AFL Standered anymore

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio

I would hope that Collingwood football club are prioritising the VFL now that they have something to play for and the AFL doesn't. Prioritising a winning culture makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I changed my vote twice. Best way to teach people to be winners is to win. Knock the Hawks over though would be as significant as the 2008 win over the cats. Make for a much better off season. No way Cloke gets a game, not even publicly committed.

Somebody

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Somewhere
AFL Club
Collingwood
ITs unfortunate that playing one more afl game would disqualify him from the VFL finals. But pretty obvious what Cloke would prefer and that's to play the last seniors game. H'es stated publicly that he is sick of playing VFL. Whether Cloke and the other players are thinking about the 4peat and trying to knock Dawks out of the 4, I dunno but I'd say they are.
Playing an extra 3 or so games of a long season would not be good for Cloke anyway wrt next season, he's been looking a bit laboured this season and needs all the off-season he can get I'd suggest.

Also, It's almost cheating to artificially keep him out of the Dawks game so he can play the V finals.

Back