mud n blood

All Australian
Oct 18, 2000
"When a naked man is chas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions & Coorparoo Roos
Well with the announcement that Western Magpies are dropping out of the top league, that purely leaves 1 (maybe 2 if you consider Southport) traditional clubs still there.

A quick look at the 1982 season reveals where we've come thus far.
Coorparoo / Kedron / Western Districts / Mayne / Wilston-Grange / Windsor-Zillmere / Sandgate .... all goooooooooooorn !!! Add Sherwood from 1983 as well.

Considering both piles of black and white scum only joined in '83, its a sad day when Morningside and Southport is all thats left of a once great competition.

So much for the enforced mergers to save clubs!!!
Great vision and leadership by the league, not.
Windsor-Zillmere + Sandgate = North Brisbane .... fail
Sherwood + Wests = Western Magpies .... fail
Kedron + Wilston-Grange = Kedron-Grange .... fail
Coorparoo - players = Mt.Gravatt .... fail (good for Mounties I s'pose)

where's the game going, other than another desperate grab at a "rich man's comp" ???
Morningside will be next to drop out.

Thats my soapbox for the day ....

Go Panthers for Sunday ! :(

well Mayne ,Sandgate, Kedron,W/grange are still around. Didn't really rate sherwood, w/magpies as traditional Qafl club. i know what you mean though, aren't Cooparoo roos involved with the Kings now?
Wonder if Zillmere will ever reform and play in one of the lower divs?

well Mayne ,Sandgate, Kedron,W/grange are still around. Didn't really rate sherwood, w/magpies as traditional Qafl club. i know what you mean though, aren't Cooparoo roos involved with the Kings now?
Wonder if Zillmere will ever reform and play in one of the lower divs?
I think you will find a rejuvinated Sandgate may be a smoky for the big league before a Zillmere ever gets off the ground again. The quality of there juniors will be dropping off over the next few years so it will make sense that they get bigger and buy players that hate being at Aspley

I think you will find a rejuvinated Sandgate may be a smoky for the big league before a Zillmere ever gets off the ground again. The quality of there juniors will be dropping off over the next few years so it will make sense that they get bigger and buy players that hate being at Aspley

There is no way that the powers to be will ever again allow two clubs to compete in the State League again that are within 7 kms of each other. Wishful thinking on your behalf.

There is no way that the powers to be will ever again allow two clubs to compete in the State League again that are within 7 kms of each other. Wishful thinking on your behalf.
Definately not a wish just an observation of whats happening at there club........we shall see what the future brings with the make up of the new League over the next 5 years, and who fits where and whos plays at what level.......

Sherwood + Wests = Western Magpies
Hate to give a history lesson but Western Districts + Sherwood = West Brisbane.

West Brisbane folded, Sherwood tried to step up, failed.

QAFL has a history of turning a blind eye to clubs in trouble. AFL has bailed out numerous clubs over the years but same rules have not applied in Qld. Kinda sad I think.

Sherwood + Wests = Western Magpies
Hate to give a history lesson but Western Districts + Sherwood = West Brisbane.

West Brisbane folded, Sherwood tried to step up, failed.

QAFL has a history of turning a blind eye to clubs in trouble. AFL has bailed out numerous clubs over the years but same rules have not applied in Qld. Kinda sad I think.

Zillmere

watch him bring the great club to it's knees

Normy may be old school, but he is sure to get them playing footy for their jumper, their place in the side and not the money (this in my opinion has brought the club its current woes in the past couple of years) there is no room for big heads with past reputations who are being paid on the past and not for what they can do in the now and in the future, that is how you get the real good traditional footy sides to win when it counts, just like Morningside and Mt Gravatt to name a couple.

The more you pay the imports and the guns of the comp the more they play up and dont live up to their worth.

Some of the other clubs in the AFLQ should learn from the culture of the more poorer clubs in the comp when it comes to being sucsessful, if their poor performing so called guns and jet players were paid on what they were worth after each game a few more would be staying home pre and post match nights thinking about their value to the game and saving their money because there are a lot of over - rated big heads from most sides in our current comp who are not stepping up to the plate when it comes to value for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back