Sad realisation - I'M OLD !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
You finally know you're an old fart when....

1. Backpacker joints and youth hostels gross you out. I've done my fair share of backpacking around, eating from my Frisbee, sleeping rough. Used to love youth hostels - something quite exciting about that nice Scandanavian couple bonking in the bed above.

Now I'd be more likely to lodge a complaint with these rude people for not getting my 8 hrs sleep. Can't get enough of those 4 star hotels now - they even have buffet breakfast!

2. Used to read Penthouse, Playboy..then graduated to FHM and Ralph. Nowadays... Personal Investor, Conde Nast and Gourmet Traveller do it for me. :eek:

3. Loved to bus around the USA on Greyhound, partying through the night with fellow travellers. Last time I went, I organised a nice self-drive holiday. Stopped and talked to nice people over a cup of tea and biscuits.

4. I have next year off work..fully paid. So you'd book in to Torremolinos or Ibiza for a wild time, right? Maybe Club Med? No, I've actually booked in for a few months in a Tuscan villa - complete with cooking classes!!!!

5. Remember fondly flying around the world on courier flights, once paid $800 to fly economy class Royal Brunei to London. Last time I went to London and New York, it had to be Business Class - no way I'm sitting in sardine class with drunken yobbos and screaming kids.

I could go on forever, but I have to get ready for my bridge game tonight - plus...I've lost my dentures. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hoss said:
You finally know you're an old fart when....

1. Backpacker joints and youth hostels gross you out. I've done my fair share of backpacking around, eating from my Frisbee, sleeping rough. Used to love youth hostels - something quite exciting about that nice Scandanavian couple bonking in the bed above.

Now I'd be more likely to lodge a complaint with these rude people for not getting my 8 hrs sleep. Can't get enough of those 4 star hotels now - they even have buffet breakfast!

2. Used to read Penthouse, Playboy..then graduated to FHM and Ralph. Nowadays... Personal Investor, Conde Nast and Gourmet Traveller do it for me. :eek:

3. Loved to bus around the USA on Greyhound, partying through the night with fellow travellers. Last time I went, I organised a nice self-drive holiday. Stopped and talked to nice people over a cup of tea and biscuits.

4. I have next year off work..fully paid. So you'd book in to Torremolinos or Ibiza for a wild time, right? Maybe Club Med? No, I've actually booked in for a few months in a Tuscan villa - complete with cooking classes!!!!

5. Remember fondly flying around the world on courier flights, once paid $800 to fly economy class Royal Brunei to London. Last time I went to London and New York, it had to be Business Class - no way I'm sitting in sardine class with drunken yobbos and screaming kids.

I could go on forever, but I have to get ready for my bridge game tonight - plus...I've lost my dentures. :(

You poor barstard. Maybe it's time for your political views to grow up as well... :p

Still, I'm looking forward to middle age, getting a Harley, maybe a convertible, girlfriend half my age...

Tim56 said:
You poor barstard. Maybe it's time for your political views to grow up as well... :p

Still, I'm looking forward to middle age, getting a Harley, maybe a convertible, girlfriend half my age...

My political views have grown up. I remember back in my naive youth handing out How To Vote cards for the Liberals. As I've travelled more around the world, and opened my eyes to some of the worlds problems and also the diversity of humankind, I've been able to develop a social conscience. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back