Safe Schools or is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Those battles have been won? Really?

Wouldn't malleable be a worse use, since that implies the manipulation is easy (not to mention that fluid and malleable aren't mutually exclusive)
Malleable means 'deforms when hit with a hammer'. Metals are malleable and they are not fluid.

Malleable seems reasonable given the overwhelming intervention required just to get baby rats to change their sexual expression.

Those battles have been won? Really?

Wouldn't malleable be a worse use, since that implies the manipulation is easy (not to mention that fluid and malleable aren't mutually exclusive)

Yes, they have been won (in the West anyway).

Malleable is a much better word.

No one ever claimed it was set in DNA. Most science is of the belief that it is determined by the level and type of hormones delivered to the foetus in utero and has an entirely biological basis.

But whether it changes all that much after birth is up for debate. The science you showed suggests it can, but only if you deliver a large volume of hormones directly to the brain for newborns - ie supporting that gender is defined at the very earliest stages of development.

Laughable from someone who provided the dictionary definition of fluid.
That's not being condescending, that's attempting to keep you on track

Done. You've ignored questions for about 10 posts now.

In the future, just come out and say you don't like them. Saves covering it up with how the trannies are causing kids to not be able to concentrate in class.

That's not being condescending, that's attempting to keep you on track

Done. You've ignored questions for about 10 posts now.

In the future, just come out and say you don't like them. Saves covering it up with how the trannies are causing kids to not be able to concentrate in class.
I've answered every single relevant question.

If you're done then go away, and leave the intelligent adults to debate.

Malleable means 'deforms when hit with a hammer'. Metals are malleable and they are not fluid.
Wow. Can't even get the definition of malleable right.

I've answered every single relevant question.

If you're done then go away, and leave the intelligent adults to debate.
Except for the one about why you made a spiel about NAPLAN results and related it to safe schools. You know, the initial post in this discussion.

You got smacked down by about 4 posters yesterday, again, not sure condescension is a good choice

I'm still confused that you're arguing that gender isnt social. Will you ask for it to be redefined now?

It's the original definition of malleable. Malleus is Latin for hammer.

You're an ignoramus.
Well done, now we understand why you can't engage in discussion. You rely on latin definitions, instead of you know, current standard.

Not really sure why you edited, Christ, you're an idiot, to you're an ignoramus.

I don't wanna say it's always hawks supporters, but it's always hawks supporters.

Maybe stick to trying to convince people that boys playing with cars is nature over nurture.

Well done, now we understand why you can't engage in discussion. You rely on latin definitions, instead of you know, current standard.

That is the current standard. I thought you knew science, did you not learn in high school that metals can be malleable, and in the case of gold and copper, ductile?

That is the current standard. I thought you knew science, did you not learn in high school that metals can be malleable, and in the case of gold and copper, ductile?
Well no, it's about half of one of the current definitions

Fairly obvious you're just being a twat though. Otherwise you'd be questioning why ruck machine is using that term in an incorrect context. Can't answer questions, needing to play the man and make s**t attempts at trolling. Yeah, I'm gonna claim the W here

Well no, it's about half of one of the current definitions
More frantic Googling I see.

Fairly obvious you're just being a twat though. Otherwise you'd be questioning why ruck machine is using that term in an incorrect context. Can't answer questions, needing to play the man and make s**t attempts at trolling. Yeah, I'm gonna claim the W here
Go for your life, I'm comfortable with my side of the argument, all I saw from you was some flailing about and trying to entrap me in some bad logic. Not going to play those games Timbo.

As a Demons fan you need all the W you can get.

This is why we need programs like this, not only for the sake of this poor kid, but so those who bullied him to his death can understand, and empathise with what he was going through.
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-let-more-queer-kids-tumble-into-helplessness
The LGBTIQA community is hurting today but none of that hurt could compare to what Amanda Unsworth would be experiencing, after her 13-year old son Tyrone took his own life on Tuesday following sustained, violent bullying at the hands of his Queensland schoolmates.

When something tragic like this occurs, it is understandable that we look to the individuals for whom we believe were responsible. In Tyrone’s case, that may be his bullies, or the teachers at the school itself, and possibly for some people, his family.

654.jpg

As with individual cases of overt and harmful racism, the systemic failure is in this instance is a better target for our anger. It is unhelpful, as adults, to be angry at the kids who tormented Tyrone. It is reductive to say that individual teachers didn’t do enough – the school had not received any complaints about the bullying. It is entirely baseless to say Tyrone’s family didn’t do something about this sooner.

Our anger (and today mine is white hot and my tears fall without cessation) is best directed at those who have actively and spitefully campaigned to stop kids like Tyrone from being safe in their school. The architects of the anti-Safe Schools campaign that ensured this type of systemic failure would continue to occur.

Those architects are the editors and staff of conservative newspapers; the rightwing politicians like Queensland’s own George Christensen, who continues to attack any and every aspect of the Safe Schools program and had the temerity to gloat after he successfully “gutted” the anti-bullying program; the Australian Christian Lobby who target LGBTIQA children and illegally use their images to spread a deceitful campaign.

Add to those people, others elected by Australia who instead of calling them out, gave them carte blanche in their war on queer kids. They should be the target of our anger.

Only a few months ago, I recall wincing as opposition leader Bill Shorten discussed the potential suicides that might result from a very public plebiscite on marriage equality. After a trying year in which Safe Schools was targeted and the Orlando Massacre had occurred, I worried that his comments would be seized upon by his opponents. I was right, almost immediately he was called out for “emotional blackmail”.

Shorten was right to acknowledge the risk of suicide and self-harm in these increasingly hateful times, though. As tragic and upsetting as Tyrone Unsworth’s death is, it follows a painfully logical path. We are on the cusp of normalising the most abhorrent and hateful ideology as we are dragged, bleeding hearted, into the post-truth era.

The concerted campaign against Safe Schools was built on lies and misinformation. It is a technique employed by the extreme right to dehumanise us, to turn others against us in an attempt to maintain the arch-conservative grip on this country.

It comes then as no surprise that Tyrone’s bullies felt they could torment him and violently attack him, that his family felt powerless to report the bullying. This is a culture of conservatism gone mad.

This is Australia in 2016.

Gone are the days where we go high, as they continue to stoop so low.

Gone are the days where we must be respectful of our opponent’s beliefs, and give them time to come around.

Gone are the days where marriage equality will be the balm of Gilead so many of us hoped it would be.

I will not stand by and let more queer kids tumble head first into helplessness, never to resurface.

Let the unnecessary death of Tyrone Unsworth be the battle cry heard around the nation.

Rest in Power, Tyrone.

For help phone Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800 or QLIFE on 1800 184 527

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...r/news-story/30a6bc421961222662d8bb9a13a8d963
Victoria’s controversial Safe Schools founder Roz Ward has been photographed harassing a bystander while marching in a Melbourne rally protesting against the election of Donald Trump as US president.

Images obtained by The Australian show the high-profile LGBTI rights and anti-bullying campaigner trying to remove a cap from a man wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with “Trump 2016”.

Ms Ward, who is carrying several copies of the Marxist newspaper Red Flag, is seen smirking while the distressed man tries to pull away and shield himself from her.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/a...r/news-story/30a6bc421961222662d8bb9a13a8d963
Victoria’s controversial Safe Schools founder Roz Ward has been photographed harassing a bystander while marching in a Melbourne rally protesting against the election of Donald Trump as US president.

Images obtained by The Australian show the high-profile LGBTI rights and anti-bullying campaigner trying to remove a cap from a man wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with “Trump 2016”.

Ms Ward, who is carrying several copies of the Marxist newspaper Red Flag, is seen smirking while the distressed man tries to pull away and shield himself from her.
This probably speaks more of our current government, and Bolt, and their attitude towards anything that might not suit their agenda than anything else. Just because Roz Ward is a lefty doesn't mean that she isn't in a position to develop a program to help LBGTIQ kids, and clearly as this most recent case has shown, the kids that bully them. That people in the Government are using some of the more vulnerable kids in the country as a political footy sickens me to stomach.

The people against this are the same idiots who were against teaching sex ed in schools.
Remember chastity rings and all that bizzaro stuff?
Once we teach sex ed to kids it will sexualize them and they will start ******* like rabbits.
Load of wank. It worked very well, much better than just teaching kids that its a sin and stuff.
Lets give it a chance and see how it goes? I promise you it wont turn kids transgender just because there taught about it.

You're f***ing clueless mate. A young gay kid has killed himself, and a program designed to help both Tyrone, and the kids who bullied him has been routed by conservatives who somehow think you can catch the gay.

The reasons kids are bullied are as varied as every kid. Fat kids. Ginger kids. Awkward kids. Black kids. Smart kids. What puts gay kids in a whole special category? Its social engineering and has no place in schools.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back