Safin deserved to win!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2004
Other Teams
WEST COAST
Glad to see Safin win his second major.

I reckon he deserved to win purely by virtue of him beating Federer in the semi-final.

Federer is the best player on the planet, and if Safin was good enough to knock him off, then he deserves to win the title.

If Federer had made it to the final, Hewitt would have been roasted.

Go Safin! He and Federer are easily the two best players in the world.

Exactly- well done Safin! :)

Hewitt was gone when the serial choker Greg Norman was in his box :p

Bombers_Forever said:
Exactly- well done Safin! :)

Hewitt was gone when the serial choker Greg Norman was in his box :p

Well Said- Guess GN won't be invited to any supporter group in the future as i said to my house mate last nite!!!! and well played Safin - I mean the guy did beat Federer who's no easy beat! :)

I dont think you will get any disgreements, when the heat was well and truly on after that first set Safin stepped up to the plate. After his previous Australian Open finals he would have been feeling the pinch but was good enough when it counted.

His backhand would have to be one of the best in the modern era.

Hewitt was unlucky to meet Safin in full flight last night.

When Safin is concentrating 100% on his game he is unstoppable.

When Hewitt fought hard, Safin matched that fighting spirit.

That was a well deserved grand slam win and a testament to his true talent.

Sheeds said:
I dont think you will get any disgreements, when the heat was well and truly on after that first set Safin stepped up to the plate. After his previous Australian Open finals he would have been feeling the pinch but was good enough when it counted.
Agree - its proof that he is a changed/reformed man and is ready to relise his tallent

Yes, he still does blow steem now and then but the old safin would of given up after both the bad start in the final and after numerous match points lost agains Federa.

It is amazing that be4 last years open that he was ranked 70 due to injuries and now is in the top 4 in the world - great effort!

How bout his speach - vvfunny and sounds like a charater and a nice guy :D

Congratulations to Marat - he deserved it!

I really like Safin as a player and during his speech and his oncourt interviews he showed what an all round great person he is to. IMO he is a real crowd favourite in Australia having played the final 3 times and won once, and always playing hard no matter what.

Last night i thought the win was a lot harder than it looked, he would of been battling memories of his last two finals as people have said and losing that first set 6-1 was not a great way to get rid of the memories but he worked hard and got into the zone as some say and really overpowered Hewitt with his amazing serve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back