Saga should be over soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah the PA is just another parasitic union - taking the members fees and dues, Executive paying themselves good money, doing deals where they can and pretending to their members that they are representing them. That's why they have been silent and missing in action for three years.

Unfortunately, there is that aspect to unions, and other types of associations, but these days, across the full gamut of different forms of employment, like-minded economic units seek to come together because some form of advantage is contemplated, be that traditional workers all the way through to board directors.

You are funny.... if you dont want to play in the AFL because you dont like the AFL feel free to set up your own league.

You can then favour any journalist you like and ban any you dont like. Go ahead, give it a try. It might work.
I have never played AFL.

Your 2 outcomes are nonsense - there is more than 2 options in front of us and you know.

In this case the AFLPA are creating the case for backdating - it is pretty simple really. They are not pushing for your choice 2, just accepting guilty is likely (or maybe even just very possible) and therfore they are trying to get the ban reduced if one happens, and as part of a story to lift some of the drug cheating stigma because of a derisory ban. It also does not undermine the ability of the players to sue, just lessens the impact on them.

I think it is an idication that they think sanctions will be coming, otherwise why would they do it.
The outcome you describe is included in what I called outcome (2). The only outcome not included in (1) and (2) is a sanction of over 4 years.

ASADA's case against 34 past and present Essendon players rests heavily on evidence that points to a perfect match between the injection regime at the AFL club in 2012 and the protocol for administering the banned drug, thymosin beta 4.

The players have also signed documentation of the number of injections they received per week throughout the season, which has been described as "an exact recipe for thymosin beta 4".

While the evidence is circumstantial, ASADA will argue it satisfies the "comfortable satisfaction" criterion the AFL tribunal must have to reach a guilty verdict.

But now, should the AFL tribunal find the players guilty of taking prohibited substances, it is likely ASADA will appeal any sentence that is not greater than six months.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ests-on-injection-regime-20141027-11cgku.html

Yes should be over soon. 6 month + bans.

Interesting article.

Poor old GG has his work cut out for him tomorrow.

I don't have much faith in anything written in the media on this issue atm - it's just more guess work masquerading as fact imo

Interesting article.

Poor old GG has his work cut out for him tomorrow.

It's amazing. It's like Roy is trying to suggest that the 26 vials were given to 34 players 50 times. Perhaps Dank was Jesus and Alavi just gave him pure water and he turned it into TB4. .... or it could just be homoeopathy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Masters got the thymodulin mixed up with thymosin?
Which one is meant to be prescribed weekly, and which one daily for best effect?

Either Masters has, or ASADA has, or the evidence itself does not fit as snugly as people are making out.

But no one should be concerned, ASADA have placed their faith in a very reliable witness who I am sure will give a very good account of himself when he is placed in the dock (should he make it).

Either Masters has, or ASADA has, or the evidence itself does not fit as snugly as people are making out.

But no one should be concerned, ASADA have placed their faith in a very reliable witness who I am sure will give a very good account of himself when he is placed in the dock (should he make it).
The players admitted to the 50 injections regime which TB4 requires. Are the players an unreliable source?

What's intersting is now you have a club that has a coach that probably will be sacked. You have an assistant in Thompson that said he will walk if players get sanctioned and you have an new assistant in Harvey that said he didn't want to be senior coach again.

It's amazing. It's like Roy is trying to suggest that the 26 vials were given to 34 players 50 times. Perhaps Dank was Jesus and Alavi just gave him pure water and he turned it into TB4. .... or it could just be homoeopathy.

Perhaps we might make the staggering leap of intellect required to conclude that one invoice we've seen is not equal to the entire program, and does not represent the entire evidence.

It's a radical idea, I know.

Perhaps we might make the staggering leap of intellect required to conclude that one invoice we've seen is not equal to the entire program, and does not represent the entire evidence.

It's a radical idea, I know.

.... and that Roy has the injection plan for Thymomodulin and TB4 mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back