Saints News Saints appoint list management team

Remove this Banner Ad

I was right into Tsatas and then read Aussierulesrules assessment and can't see it any more. Was always a big Poo fan and really glad to have grabbed him. I loved Wardlaw and then keen on a dice roll for Humphrey if he fell our way but for once I think we had the right player land in our lap. I love his attitude and drive. I think he's got potential star factor and the ability to get the most out of himself. I see Fyfe like personality in him. The talent might not match but it looks like it's these.
I’m calling wardlaw a Dunstan.

I was right into Tsatas and then read Aussierulesrules assessment and can't see it any more. Was always a big Poo fan and really glad to have grabbed him. I loved Wardlaw and then keen on a dice roll for Humphrey if he fell our way but for once I think we had the right player land in our lap. I love his attitude and drive. I think he's got potential star factor and the ability to get the most out of himself. I see Fyfe like personality in him. The talent might not match but it looks like it's these.

I’m calling wardlaw a Dunstan.

cYjVkQi.jpg

Very happy with Phillipou and I would have taken any of the previous nine.
However history shows at least one and probably a couple more will fail, or have a middling Billings career.
Can be caused by injury, poor development, played out of position etc.
Phillipou has come to the Saints at an excellent time to develop.
Have a feeling it won't be Phillipou who will fail due to lack of development or played out of position. Got a feeling it will be North or Hawks who will burn their capital.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

With you first draft pick in particular one should go with the best available player.

The thing I like about Poo was that not only was he the best available pick (and arguably slipped a few places), but that as a mid that he very different to the mids that we already had, and the type of mid that we did not have unless Owens really jumps up. Thirdly that type of mid can often be a match-winning/ game-turning inclusion. That makes him even more valuable for us.

With you first draft pick in particular one should go with the best available player.

The thing I like about Poo was that not only was he the best available pick (and arguably slipped a few places), but that as a mid that he very different to the mids that we already had, and the type of mid that we did not have unless Owens really jumps up. Thirdly that type of mid can often be a match-winning/ game-turning inclusion. That makes him even more valuable for us.
Agree with that and to add to this- he was 3 days off the 2023, i.e. he's the best part of a year younger than his Draft pool- he'll play the full 2023 season as an 18yo.

He's got 6-12 months more scope for growth/development than his Draft cohort, which is huge!

I really liked McKenzie and was all in on him BUT i think with a few months on from the draft of 22 the truth is we might have had the best draft of anyone.

Pou clearly has the most upside of anyone in the top 20 (probably even Ashcroft as its hard to see him getting better than weve seen).

Van Es was a sliding needs pick who has shown a bit early (especially good for a KPP)

Hotton is a very very safe pick, likely a 200 gamer that will just ply his trade

Keeler could be absolutely anything and even if he doesnt pan out its pick 40 something, meh

I really liked McKenzie and was all in on him BUT i think with a few months on from the draft of 22 the truth is we might have had the best draft of anyone.

Pou clearly has the most upside of anyone in the top 20 (probably even Ashcroft as its hard to see him getting better than weve seen).

Van Es was a sliding needs pick who has shown a bit early (especially good for a KPP)

Hotton is a very very safe pick, likely a 200 gamer that will just ply his trade

Keeler could be absolutely anything and even if he doesnt pan out its pick 40 something, meh

CMac looked a safe bet but looked a bit less exciting than a lot around him. Pou looks like he's got real swagger and drive. The attitude is very very Fyfe like. Hotton and Keeler look the goods, the talent is there. Van Es looks the could be anything one to me. Not really expecting heaps but he has good qualities.

CMac looked a safe bet but looked a bit less exciting than a lot around him. Pou looks like he's got real swagger and drive. The attitude is very very Fyfe like. Hotton and Keeler look the goods, the talent is there. Van Es looks the could be anything one to me. Not really expecting heaps but he has good qualities.
Keelers highlights reel is actually ridiculous, its fever dream s**t. Tap, follow up, break tackle, goal from 50... from a ruckman.

Theres no doubt its a little bit big kid against actual kids so there no guarantee he ever recreates it at AFL level but if he does... Its a more athletic Adam Goodes (and no im not saying hell be Adam Goodes etc etc but the athelticism and potential is all there). Van Es to me will be a solid citizen key defender and if he adds a couple of tools then he could be Jake Lever/Steven May esque. His floor his higher but his ceiling is lower.

Im not kidding Keeler could be the best ruckman weve ever seen, he could also never play a game.

Keelers highlights reel is actually ridiculous, its fever dream s**t. Tap, follow up, break tackle, goal from 50... from a ruckman.

Theres no doubt its a little bit big kid against actual kids so there no guarantee he ever recreates it at AFL level but if he does... Its a more athletic Adam Goodes (and no im not saying hell be Adam Goodes etc etc but the athelticism and potential is all there). Van Es to me will be a solid citizen key defender and if he adds a couple of tools then he could be Jake Lever/Steven May esque. His floor his higher but his ceiling is lower.

Im not kidding Keeler could be the best ruckman weve ever seen, he could also never play a game.

Van Es reminds me of a young Jake Carlisle.

Young Angus McLellan is another of those 200 gamer types. Inner confidence but not cocky, tough and good skills.

I don't get everyone unhappy with SOS appointment but not a word about Gubby

Gubby has been at the club for the last few years advising and helping, what has he done ?

that's the rubbish appointment IMO a relic from the past

Last edited:
I don't get everyone unhappy with SOS appointment but not a word about Gubby

Gubby has been at the club for the last few years advising and helping, what has he done ?

that's the rubbish appointment IMO a relic from the past
Do any other clubs have a role of just Head of Talent and Acquisition?

Is that not normally part of the role as list manager?

Could be wrong but it seems as though we don’t trust either enough to give them the full role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do any other clubs have a role of just Head of Talent and Acquisition?

Is that not normally part of the role as list manager?

Could be wrong but it seems as though we don’t trust either enough to give them the full role
Virtually impossible to know how the role of "Head of Talent and Acquisition" at St Kilda compares to similar roles (with completely different names) in other clubs simply because very few clubs "advertise" for the positions and very few clubs provide updated corporate structure plans so you can clearly see who reports to who.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back