Toast Saints are heading back to Moorabbin!

Remove this Banner Ad

That much eh :rolleyes:
I should have been more specific I guess but I don't see a few hundred dollard being a significant investment. Its hardly going to be a deterrent is it.
It will be very interesting to see how quickly this subject will be raised at this years AGM......whether in Prez's address or general question time.

I could be way out here but I wonder how much the club factored something like this as a possibility given the Lady's previous "form"

I/we don't know how long ago the submission was made to VCAT and I suspect the club wanted to keep it quiet until...well...word "got out"

We do know that the plans were submitted to Council late June when Prez announced this at the Members info night.

Again,I may be way off line here but I did find it strange that the Club had the big merchandise sale(before the last game) with then no further on site sales from then due to the pending demolition of the building(I had heard demolition was planned for near years end)
Yet....when I was there last week everything was still operational.

I think we now know why.

It will be very interesting to see how quickly this subject will be raised at this years AGM......whether in Prez's address or general question time.

I could be way out here but I wonder how much the club factored something like this as a possibility given the Lady's previous "form"

I/we don't know how long ago the submission was made to VCAT and I suspect the club wanted to keep it quiet until...well...word "got out"

We do know that the plans were submitted to Council late June when Prez announced this at the Members info night.

Again,I may be way off line here but I did find it strange that the Club had the big merchandise sale(before the last game) with then no further on site sales from then due to the pending demolition of the building(I had heard demolition was planned for near years end)
Yet....when I was there last week everything was still operational.

I think we now know why.
That is everything is still operational except Merchandise.

These pokies seem to cause the Saints no end of trouble.

If we have relatively few of them in comparison to other clubs, let's just get rid of them. It'll put to bed the VCAT challenge, it'll actually have some benefit to the community and, maybe I'm being disingenuous here, but possibly could become a selling point for a major sponsor with some integrity.

If our stadium deal is no longer going to be a millstone around our neck and we are going to making a bit of money out of NZ again from 2018 onwards, I say we get rid of them. Which, personally, would not bother me one iota, as I think they are awful things anyway.

It's going to cause more pain having to wait another 7 months to "maybe" get started with the building.

Ditch the pokies.
Couldn't agree more. I gather we are actually trying to get more Poker machines than we previously had. And when people quote pokies revenue....there is a big difference between turnover and profit. The money the club actually made on Pokies was pretty small. Hardly worth it.

If it truly is a 'Community Project' we shouldn't have the things anywhere near it. I am not a wowser. I have played Pokies, and gamble occasionally. But these things are now toxic, and it isn't going to get any better. If we have to have a few Pokies, get them somewhere separate...or as far away from 'Community' activity as possible. And away from areas where children may be. Only asking for trouble. And trouble has found us unfortunately.

Couldn't agree more. I gather we are actually trying to get more Poker machines than we previously had. And when people quote pokies revenue....there is a big difference between turnover and profit. The money the club actually made on Pokies was pretty small. Hardly worth it.

If it truly is a 'Community Project' we shouldn't have the things anywhere near it. I am not a wowser. I have played Pokies, and gamble occasionally. But these things are now toxic, and it isn't going to get any better. If we have to have a few Pokies, get them somewhere separate...or as far away from 'Community' activity as possible. And away from areas where children may be. Only asking for trouble. And trouble has found us unfortunately.

Where have you heard we are increasing the amount of pokies?

Where have you heard we are increasing the amount of pokies?
I can't remember to be honest. Thought I read it in one of the reports a while back. If they aren't then I really don't know why we are bothering. The return is very small for the grief it gives.

I can't remember to be honest. Thought I read it in one of the reports a while back. If they aren't then I really don't know why we are bothering. The return is very small for the grief it gives.
I think you might be thinking of a report that said the 83 Poker Machines were to be relocated to a new part of the club which needs an approval of the gaming commission which then allows for protests from interested parties, AKA our regular objector

Its amazing how one lady can hold up a 30m project with substantial community benefit but over here we cant stop a road to literally no where that no wants or needs thats going to cost hundreds of millions. The roads going to go straight through a series of fragile wetlands too

Everyone wants it stopped including colin barnetts own party but he wants it so its happening

Its amazing how one lady can hold up a 30m project with substantial community benefit but over here we cant stop a road to literally no where that no wants or needs thats going to cost hundreds of millions. The roads going to go straight through a series of fragile wetlands too

Everyone wants it stopped including colin barnetts own party but he wants it so its happening

That's why a lot of business gets killed in Australia... too many avenues to stymie any project on flimsy grounds.

People don't want to accept it, but this is part of the reason why projects take years to get off the ground.

That's why a lot of business gets killed in Australia... too many avenues to stymie any project on flimsy grounds.

People don't want to accept it, but this is part of the reason why projects take years to get off the ground.

If you are a developer putting up apartments in the inner city you just need some campaign donation money and there are very few limitations or halts.

She's nothing more than a professional victim, utilising underhanded and petty tactics to halt things just because she can. It alarms me that someone in the community could be so deluded as to believe that they're achieving anything by doing this, apart from wasting time and money. Downright insubordinate and churlish behaviour.

She's nothing more than a professional victim, utilising underhanded and petty tactics to halt things just because she can. It alarms me that someone in the community could be so deluded as to believe that they're achieving anything by doing this, apart from wasting time and money. Downright insubordinate and churlish behaviour.

I don't think we can say anything unless we are in the position she is in . I don't know the full story but she must have her reasons for not wanting to move . Although , having said that , some people just like the attention, especially if they are old and lonely. All of a sudden all these people want to talk to her. I'm not saying that is the thing in this case but that it has happened before.

Does anyone know WHO it is or where she lives?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know WHO it is or where she lives?

Haha easy tiger :p

Unless you're trying to woo her and convert her into a Saints fan, resulting in her dropping her appeal? If you go the whole way and marry her that will be even better. Perhaps relocated to Germany or something after.

Please don't do anything undisciplined or illegal
Yes, let's not be too hasty. We need to be sure of our facts ;)

witchduck.jpg

"If she weighs the same as a duck..... she's made of wood. And therefore? A witch!"

Why do I get the feeling that this thread will be used as evidence somewhere...?

Please, people. It's just footy. Don't be morons.

Correct. Let's not form a Lynch mob eh? Hardly beneficial to anyone..let alone the club when she claims to VCAT shes been subject to abuse on SM ...and if you think im joking go read a few of the comments on SS that the mods there seems reticent to remove

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Let's just wait and see what gets told to everyone at the AGM......if the Club doesn't release a statement prior to that or the media spraying the news everywhere beforehand.

As I mentioned in an earlier post,I'd be extremely surprised if the club/council hadn't looked at/planned for every possible thing that could go wrong.

Does anyone know if the Council actually approved the plans......or did little "Miss trouble maker" submit an application to VCAT as soon as she got wind of the club submitting the plans to Council?

Which would mean council would have to wait until the VCAT ruling to approve them and issue a demolition/building permit.

I'll bounce all this off a Town Planning friend of mine and see what he tells me with regard to the process.

I have a suggestion which will make Saints fans who like Moorabbin happy as well as the ones who also like Etihad stadium as well. We play most of out home games at Etihad and a couple at MCG like now. Then we play all our away games including interstate ones at Moorabbin . It does mean that the afl will have to spend a lot of money to get Moorabbin up to Etihad standard but , just to help I'll chip in a couple of bucks , maybe even up to five depending on the week . I think this plan would be welcomed by all Saints fans . I might even think about being a full member to go to all games, not just the home ones. I realise that to get Moorabbin stands up to Etihad standard will take a few years so I will even support us playing all our away games at the MCG in the mean time. Can I have a quick show of hands for those in favour of this policy . Well I can only see myself so that's one for and none against which means 100% say yes which is good enough for me . I forgot to mention when Moorabbin is finished and paid off , it immeadiately goes into Saints hands so we make all the money and it becomes our home ground and our away games will then be played mostly at Etihad stadium with a few at MCG. The Moorabbin stadium will be built with a roof to block out those local showers which used to hit the area quite often on a Thursday night. Anyone else support this proposal ?
Now we only need to come up with a name . Inside the ends will be know as HarveytoPlugger and WinmartoPlugger ends . Unless someone can come up with better names.
Also in the name of tradition all Saints games will be played on a Saturday afternoon starting at 2:10 unless it's a big game when the time is changed to Saturday night at 7:30 .

What are people's views of all these proposed changes ?

What are people's views of all these proposed changes ?

Its a pipe dream mate. The AFL already have near AFL "ready" facilities at Princes park and refuse to play games out of there. Moorabbin just doesnt have the space and local infrastructure to accommodate the modern game.

As much as we would love to play games out of there again even in some capacity it just will never happen outside of potential nab challenge matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back