Competitions Saints BF Supercoach Chat 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Was very tempted to bring in Brennan Cox. Between the pre season match and the first 2 rounds his lowest score is 130 and is only $445k.
Never averaged more then 80 though so not sure what to make of it.

Brought in Nick Daicos instead for now

Was very tempted to bring in Brennan Cox. Between the pre season match and the first 2 rounds his lowest score is 130 and is only $445k.
Never averaged more then 80 though so not sure what to make of it.

Brought in Nick Daicos instead for now
I started with Daicos and McGovern who have both been handy this far in. Docherty has been underwhelming, but I'm loathe to trade him out for obvious reasons.

1679997507063.png

I am thinking about Luke Ryan who seems to be back at his 'demanding the ball' best. But I'm just nervous about him and Cox given that Fremantle have lost both games to this point and Longmuir is hinting at changing up the game plan to have less sideways kicking.

Taking a different approach this year and trying to go more midpricey and get a bit more value for my outlay.

11 keepers - Doch, Naicos, Laird, Bont, Witts, Marshall, Dunkley, Rozee, Taranto, Gulden, D.Cameron.

7 midpricers - Bowes, L.Jones, Setterfield, Hopper, JHF, Worpel, Callaghan

and only four rookies on field (Ginbey, McKenna, Ashcroft and Sheezel).

Will keep you posted on how I progress!

Taking a different approach this year and trying to go more midpricey and get a bit more value for my outlay.

11 keepers - Doch, Naicos, Laird, Bont, Witts, Marshall, Dunkley, Rozee, Taranto, Gulden, D.Cameron.

7 midpricers - Bowes, L.Jones, Setterfield, Hopper, JHF, Worpel, Callaghan

and only four rookies on field (Ginbey, McKenna, Ashcroft and Sheezel).

Will keep you posted on how I progress!
That's a great team to start R1 with. You must be sitting nicely overall.

You would expect a fair few will jump on to Setterfield from here.

FsXLfONaQAA7HJG

Last edited:
bugger do i get rid of Hopper and then see him come back and do well in a couple weeks? Or keep him and try a kid from the bench instead ?
That's where the skill in the game is BT66! I honestly have no idea. I think I would probably trade him out if I had him but he also could be a really good hold if he came straight back in next week and continued scoring at the level he left off.

I was looking at the number 1 ranked team in SC this year. He has 6 players that DNP last week!

1680100376064.png
1680100408710.png
1680100440838.png

That's where the skill in the game is BT66! I honestly have no idea. I think I would probably trade him out if I had him but he also could be a really good hold if he came straight back in next week and continued scoring at the level he left off.

I was looking at the number 1 ranked team in SC this year. He has 6 players that DNP last week!

View attachment 1643833
View attachment 1643834
View attachment 1643836
Gunna get burnt.
Hopper sounds like a one week hold.

View attachment 1643833
View attachment 1643834
View attachment 1643836
That's crazy, surely that's not normal is it?
He couldn't be generating enough money to compete in a month or two

That's crazy, surely that's not normal is it?
He couldn't be generating enough money to compete in a month or two
I doesn't seem like a normal strategy to me. As you've said I've always thought you want to maximise your cash generation so you can build your list quicker.

But what do I know!

I had Gawn cop a medial knee injury last week, I traded him to Darcy Cameron and it looks like he has copped the same injury tonight.

I have Marshall as my other ruckman, I should trade him out before I curse him with the same injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on the wisdom of a Marshall upgrade?
Average right now is pretty much bang on his price so won't be losing money.
Think it's too early to be going sideways if they aren't bleeding money, he could very well find some consistency

Reckon he is a strong hold. Will be consistent and injuries are going to get us I reckon.

I'm holding him, I'm burning too many trades on injured ruckmen like Gawn and Cameron without burning another one on a ruckman that isn't injured.

Average right now is pretty much bang on his price so won't be losing money.
Think it's too early to be going sideways if they aren't bleeding money, he could very well find some consistency
The sideways is Grundy who now has the sole ruck role at Melbourne and scored very well in his first outing alone (143), has West Coast this week, and is tracking to get back to his premium value.

Not sure I want to burn a trade, but I'm close enough to top spot to consider chasing points.

The sideways is Grundy who now has the sole ruck role at Melbourne and scored very well in his first outing alone (143), has West Coast this week, and is tracking to get back to his premium value.

Not sure I want to burn a trade, but I'm close enough to top spot to consider chasing points.

I'm considering one after we benched him for the last quarter! Great for the Saints but not my SC team haha.

Yeah Doch looks to be playing a different role. Might be worthwhile.

1681090937100.png

Meanwhile my 4 premo defs earned their spot this week...

I'm considering one after we benched him for the last quarter! Great for the Saints but not my SC team haha.

Yeah Doch looks to be playing a different role. Might be worthwhile.

View attachment 1655399

Meanwhile my 4 premo defs earned their spot this week...
Love the backline setup. That's where I am struggling at the moment. Is Rioli a keeper in your plans?

I made the sideways shift from Marshall to Grundy this week, so lucky enough to pick up 45 more points, and Grundy is looking like he will score consistently well while Max is out. But having said that Marshall won't get rested in the next two against Collingwood and Carlton and has the potential to go really big in both those games, so I think it all evens out in the end.

Love the backline setup. That's where I am struggling at the moment. Is Rioli a keeper in your plans?

I made the sideways shift from Marshall to Grundy this week, so lucky enough to pick up 45 more points, and Grundy is looking like he will score consistently well while Max is out. But having said that Marshall won't get rested in the next two against Collingwood and Carlton and has the potential to go really big in both those games, so I think it all evens out in the end.

I'd say he's a keeper until late in the game when I (hopefully) have some luxury trades to fix up a few things.

I've gone a bit POD just to be a bit different this year. Rioli (4%) Sincs (7%) Dawson (18%) gives a surprisingly POD backline. Warner (6%) and Petracca (10%) a bit lower than I would have thought too. Anyway they all tonned this week so I've done reasonably well in my leagues ha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back