Could just flog the one from the Saints website? :p

bg-image.jpg

Periphery

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Could just flog the one from the Saints website? :p

At least then the copyright complaint would force them to have some kind of presence on these forums. We could bombard their lawyers with trade/draft questions when they come here with a cease and desist. :p

I know the feedback period has ended, but just wanted to mention how great it is that our board is open to opposition posters coming in (and usually making a fool of themselves). I was just having a little look at the Essendon board, and they've gone to the extreme of having "no opposition supporters" thread tags introduced. It really adds to the discussions on our board that opposition supporters are welcome to discuss any topic, as long as they're civil.

Saint Luke

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
This can definitely be arranged. Is anyone putting up their hand to create one? It needs to be less than 200k and here's an example from the Carlton board:
http://images.bigfootymedia.com.s3.amazonaws.com/backgrounds/bigfooty-blues-background.png

Can I ask why on this? Richmond's isn't and that's insanely small. I was going to have a crack as I'm a graphic designer but I'm thinking working in under 200k would not be pleasant. I will try to see what I can do under the limit anyway.

Last edited:
May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can I ask why on this? Richmond's isn't and that's insanely small. I was going to have a crack as I'm a graphic designer but I'm thinking working in under 200k would not be pleasant. I will try to see what I can do under the limit anyway.

This was specified by admin. I'll double check with them. Might be more like 'guidelines'.

May 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

This was specified by admin. I'll double check with them. Might be more like 'guidelines'.

Yeah that's confirmed as the maximum. Everyone has to download it and for those with small data limits it adds an unnecessary amount of data to each page.

May 29, 2012
Scotland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kingdom Kangaroos, Sandy Zebras
Stop trying to get people to vote and give reports on players and matches. no-one responds and its kind of embarrassing.
Great in theory but there just isn't enough super dedicate posters. After all were not one of the Man. Utd. clubs of this world

Reports on matches, I'd say that's fair as realistically we're all watching the games, it's more having a place to discuss our varied opinions on the performance and we have that.

On players I do like people doing player reviews as its interesting to see people break down some serious analysis. It can spring a surprise or two, especially when they compare a player to the output that another established AFL player was giving at the same point in their career.

And for Saints events, such as sponsor dinners etc I love reading people's write-ups, I wish we had more, as the "inner sanctum" is where you get decent news straight from source rather than rumour or skewed media articles. Was the main reason I signed up for BigFooty player sponsor this year.

Jackbenimble

Senior List
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey hey, if I have any tiny gripe with this site! It is that new comers jump on board and feel a little insignificant , probably to our own detriment as what we are trying to portray is usually diplomatic. I have been helicopter viewing this site for years , and despite being a massive puuusssaaaaay , I still never feel quite comfortable leaving my brain dribble for other saints fans to peruse

Hey hey, if I have any tiny gripe with this site! It is that new comers jump on board and feel a little insignificant , probably to our own detriment as what we are trying to portray is usually diplomatic. I have been helicopter viewing this site for years , and despite being a massive puuusssaaaaay , I still never feel quite comfortable leaving my brain dribble for other saints fans to peruse
Try not to worry about that Jack.
Ive been here for about 7 months and i havnt said one significant thing the whole time:thumbsu: Hasnt stopped me waffling on like an idiot.
My theory is if you say something too clever then they are going to expect it all the time. Embrace mediocracy i say:D

Saint Luke

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Finally got around to this. I wasn't able to spend much time on it, so I just did something quickly. I can make minor changes if people would like (though they will need to be necessarily minor as I don't have a lot of time at the moment), and if its hated feel free to not use it. I have a feeling the codgers may not like the effects applied. :p

It's very easy to change Rooey as well. I was thinking if it were to be used, it could be rotated monthly or whatever. Takes five seconds to replace it with a photo of Lenny, Dunstan, Billings, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/oWjYikM.jpg

Speck

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Finally got around to this. I wasn't able to spend much time on it, so I just did something quickly. I can make minor changes if people would like (though they will need to be necessarily minor as I don't have a lot of time at the moment), and if its hated feel free to not use it. I have a feeling the codgers may not like the effects applied. :p

It's very easy to change Rooey as well. I was thinking if it were to be used, it could be rotated monthly or whatever. Takes five seconds to replace it with a photo of Lenny, Dunstan, Billings, etc.

http://i.imgur.com/oWjYikM.jpg
Not sure if that's what you're going for but the motto should be strength through loyalty, not the other way.

Other than that I like it.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
Woops, thanks for pointing it out. That's what happens when you try to typeset at 3am I guess.

Corrected version here:
http://i.imgur.com/M1iFuer.jpg
Its good but I think you need to balance it with another player or photo on the right. Your eye is draw to the left all the time when you kind of want focus to be in the middle and the images auxiliary.

Back