Player Sponsorship Saints Board Player Sponsors - Event 2 - Saints Premier Lounge Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 6 v Adelaide Crows– Saints Premier Lounge
Date:
Saturday 27 April
Function: Saints Premier Lounge
Entitlement: We get 2 tix so will be giving 1 each to 2 lukcy sponsors
Event Starts: 3:05pm
Game Time: 4:35pm

Who is keen to go and is available??

Unfortunately, I will be away so im unable to attend, so ill sit out for this one!

Cheers
Boydie

I suppose I might also put my hand up as well and attempt to attend a game instead of preferring comfortable chairs.

Also, it appears I don't have a Freeman 2018 badge for pledging, I literally just noticed.

Ghost of not being named and being a friend are coming back to haunt me, it's Nam all over again, getting PTSD from that missed badge showing that my failing memory of pledging and having to remember last year and the travesty that was.

BF is a cruel unforgiving beast.

I suppose I might also put my hand up as well and attempt to attend a game instead of preferring comfortable chairs.

Also, it appears I don't have a Freeman 2018 badge for pledging, I literally just noticed.

Ghost of not being named and being a friend are coming back to haunt me, it's Nam all over again, getting PTSD from that missed badge showing that my failing memory of pledging and having to remember last year and the travesty that was.

BF is a cruel unforgiving beast.
Check now ;)

SOK, so it appears we both encountered transit delays as I was 30mins late to the function to entered to musical band and people already mingling.

Players had not arrived when I did so went looking to what was going on and there was a VFL curtain raiser by the look of it, whoever played North Ballarat.

So walked around like a headless chook, everyone had already gotten drinks and some canapes and I was like "ok where's the Jug?" apparently me being 30mins late means he can strut in with the players as they arrive like some special privilege. They pretty much immediately walk in and distribute to the preexisting groups.

Ceremony starts(or restarts) about 2 minutes after I find Jug and given it's the ANZAC week we get housekeeping into a current serviceman who has done 2 tours struggle bit in public speaking to the function, about military history, our association with and Soldier-On. Given the time lag in this speech there was a bit of "marshall is a late out" but you guys were already ahead of the curb and we'll be interviewing players oh wait sirens already soudned so we'll revisit.

People mosied on outside, missed the Crows banner, missed our banner, saw the guard of honour to it walking out so yeah it was rather a standard function upon arrival.

Coff was in attendance, as was Hanners, Hunter, Mr Ed, spied J Bytel and thought I also saw Dunstans giant snozz floating around and Jug managed to snap a chat with Alabakis sometime during Q2 since he went in for a beer and kinda left me stranded for that quarter.

Popped back in at half time to Lonie update of things look bad but they were hopeful it wasn't as bad as potentially feared, Hunter and Mr Ed pop up for a short interview, and I say pop up as Ed was leading the way, stopped, got ushered on , they they both tried to huddle one side for mic dissonance because reasons. General nonsense, mood is positive at the club, everyone getting along, Hunter is happy and doing well, same with Ed both just putting in best work to push towards selection and yay monotony! Brought to you by half time partie pies, mini sausage rolls, scones and bread, and Jug finding out there were 2 tables with food stuffs and one was less populated since it's not near the bar because great life choices.

Raffle where dead time and people randomly appearing, half time over, players basically did not reappear afterwards and our boy was not in attendance from what we managed to see.

Coff appeared in good spirits, entered smiling, cracking wise then vanished to one of the 10 person groups, same with Hanners, all smiles unfrotunately I've got nothing really of note for you since I couldn't nail down anyone and was late. Forgetful function for mine, and I kinda wished I could stomach champers given how many were floating around but alas and woe.

Hi guys, yesterday myself and StFly were privileged to attend the players sponsors event at Marvel. The event was up on level 2 in the Stark Room. As it was Anzac day, we heard a speech from Leftenant-Colonel Rodney Davis (current serving member) on the history of our club's players serving in times of war. He also touched on the great work our club does with the charity Soldier On.

There was plenty of good food, free beverages and alcohol to be had. Bruce Eva was the mc and he interviewed a couple of the guys on stage. In fact the whole list who weren't playing were mingling in the room with all the sponsors. I had a quick chat with Sam Alabakis(my player advocate), he told me he's still got plenty to work on and he's just taking this year as a learning experience and building up fitness. Also had a quick chat with Jake Carlisle. He's recovering well from his operation and will hopefully be back after the bye. Earlier than expected. I tried to find Robbie Young for a chat but either he wasn't there or I'm blind as a bat.

Huge thanks to boydie for the tickets. And it was good to meet and watch the game with StFly. Wasn't the result we wanted but I'm sure the boys will bounce back soon enough.

Thanks again and i hope you guys can experience the event one day for yourselves.

Thanks for the write ups StFly and Jughead77 sounds like you both had a good arvo regardless of the result!

Cant remember what the next event is, but will send details ASAP

Thanks for the write ups StFly and Jughead77 sounds like you both had a good arvo regardless of the result!

Cant remember what the next event is, but will send details ASAP

What I wouldn't give for a hot dog though instead of consistent pastries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back