Review Saints.com.au Trade and Draft Coverage

How happy are you with the coverage of the draft and trade period compared to previous years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i noticed the following post in the media thread:
The saints media unit is not the same as 2 years ago. Still haven't had a interview with koby stevens and also no interviews re our new draftees as one .

so i wanted to see how people have felt about our clubs media coverage this year during the trade and draft period. do you feel we are getting the same coverage as previous seasons? are you happy with it? or has the coverage dropped compared to previous seasons?

On the club website there is a video which record the very moment when Ben Long was picked...

...and that's it. Just Trout saying the player name and number, nothing else. A very significant moment for Ben Long and the Saints, but not a very inspiring video. More the kind of thing that could have been wrapped up into a "Welcome Ben Long" package video.

I agree that the Media Team dont seem as inspired as they have been recently.

Far be it for me to complain and they still do an OK job, but compared to the lofty standard they set over the recent past, it's a trend that does concern me.

Hey mate I have the supporters review coming Thursday night could you please keep a note of this for me? Post this in there once I've created the thread, would help a lot.

I feel as though the coverage of the draftees has been far less than that of recent years

Agree mate! The media coverage has been absolutely shithouse! Club talks alot about how good their social media team is and they cant reply to people about legitimate questions like 'When will a Koby Stevens video be online to watch?' etc and cannot post them up like literally every other club AND most clubs give their new players numbers already and St.Kilda are always slack and wait till like lat Jan/early Feb.....

Yeah the media guys have had a couple changes over the past couple years. Notably Breanna Gallagher and Tom Morris who moved onto Racing Victoria and FOX Sports respectively. Josh Gabelich is our website writer at the moment (And does a bloody good job of it) but obviously with people moving in and out of the club there's going to be some changes.

Definitely seen differences over the past two years but again the content on the website is basically written by one person so I must give him credit.

Yeah the media guys have had a couple changes over the past couple years. Notably Breanna Gallagher and Tom Morris who moved onto Racing Victoria and FOX Sports respectively. Josh Gabelich is our website writer at the moment (And does a bloody good job of it) but obviously with people moving in and out of the club there's going to be some changes.

Definitely seen differences over the past two years but again the content on the website is basically written by one person so I must give him credit.
Theres one or two others but Gabelich seems to do most very well.
Luke Holmesby appears to have moved onto Racing as well but his twitter is a constant highlight now out of the AFL system and he can say what he wants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's true about the writing. I get that a few good people gave left, but Im sorry to say whoever replaced them needs to be more proactive.

Theres one or two others but Gabelich seems to do most very well.
Luke Holmesby appears to have moved onto Racing as well but his twitter is a constant highlight now out of the AFL system and he can say what he wants
Yes sorry Luke was a massive part of it as well.

That's true about the writing. I get that a few good people gave left, but Im sorry to say whoever replaced them needs to be more proactive.
I don't envy's Josh's position. Being the lone writer for a football website that requires daily content must be challenging.

i love Josh's articles, i have noticed that we seem to be pumping more written articles out than before

To be fair we didn't have high picks unlike the other years when we were taking top 5 picks who were the real hope of the club.

i dont necessarily buy that argument. we had two picks inside the first 2 rounds this year in the draft and we brought in more players via the trade period than last year. i think the interest has definitely been there and we have been more active than most clubs

given we are still in the rebuilding phase, albeit probably the last year of it, i would have thought an extra emphasis on selling the draft/trade period would have been there

Stevens is probably the only one we haven't heard something from. Everything else seems normal. Staggers me that people are always trying to find something wrong.
I agree. its has been rampled up a lot from last year. at the end of last year, one of the major players of our media team went to fox. then it took a a number of months before it got better. now it is again pretty good. the current media team might have missed one or 2 items but overall its not too bad. usually there is something on everyday to see. Thats what you want.

though we now could get more preseason stuff.

Just pay me already...

If I could be critical of one thing with the website it's the players photos.
Every year it's like a bit of an afterthought ohr yeah we'd better shove a couple of pics up. Who can forget the abortion photoshop pic of Gresh last year? Even now with the team finalised we still have Shents, Eli and co up there. Sure we miss them but ffs everyone has a cam in their phone it can't be that difficult.

If I could be critical of one thing with the website it's the players photos.
Every year it's like a bit of an afterthought ohr yeah we'd better shove a couple of pics up. Who can forget the abortion photoshop pic of Gresh last year? Even now with the team finalised we still have Shents, Eli and co up there. Sure we miss them but ffs everyone has a cam in their phone it can't be that difficult.

can you add your comment to this thread. As this thread will be collated and given to the club.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/st-kilda-fc-review-end-of-season-2017.1153606/

Back