Saintos The ITK

Premium Platinum
Jun 6, 2010
Mount Isa
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Balmain
Has anyone ever forked out for a whole truffle??? I’ve only ever tasted truffle infused stuff never shaved truffle.
Where would you get one from? And what would you do with it?
I did see a
Recipe on tv that was basically shaved truffle, shaved cheese, olive oil and tagliatelle. It looked great and I love minimalistic food.

gringo2011

Premium Platinum
Nov 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has anyone ever forked out for a whole truffle??? I’ve only ever tasted truffle infused stuff never shaved truffle.
Where would you get one from? And what would you do with it?
I did see a
Recipe on tv that was basically shaved truffle, shaved cheese, olive oil and tagliatelle. It looked great and I love minimalistic food.

I have never bought a whole truffle but had it shaved on food and cooked with it, I kind of like it and dislike it at the same time. Over hyped food like caviar possibly. If it was cheap you'd probably avoid it. There are better fungi, I prefer the flavour of porcini. If you do use it, just on really good quality pasta with not too much more with it. It's pretty subtle. I hate infused stuff it tastes a bit like used tyres have been sitting in motor oil. That recipe is pretty much how to get the best out of it. If you like the flavour it's got to be the star of the show.

sammm

Premium Platinum
Nov 15, 2000
heidelberg
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ve heard there was a big wave where for a whole generation the medical advice was don’t expose them to allergens for a while but was found to be the opposite. But because of that there’s a lot these days who didn’t get acclimatised to common allergens as a kid.
in Israel the kids eat Bamba which is a peanut snack, and it has been found that they have less peanut allergies with their kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad