Discussion Saints cooking

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
Probably a boot knowing my luck haha

Luderick, trevally, tailor, mullet, whiting, bream and Australian salmon are common catches near the jetties here in lakes
Should try the footbridge - eastern side, closer to the beach than the town, pippies or mussels - nice size king George whiting still about.

Sometimes I’ll have fish and chips for breakfast. Especially leftovers from the night before.

That's terrible. Chips are done once they go cold.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I take back what i said about KingsRansom , he is not weird but you sure are , Pizza cold yes , Fish and Chips cold =No
Fresh fish is quite nice cold, not in batter something like grilled flathead fillets taste quite nice cold. Never had a chip you could eat cold or reheat but roast spuds are nice.

Fresh fish is quite nice cold, not in batter something like grilled flathead fillets taste quite nice cold. Never had a chip you could eat cold or reheat but roast spuds are nice.
Agree with the roast spuds , lots of butter =Yumm
Not so much the cold fish unless , raw Kingfish or Tuna

Mate invest in a microwave with a crisper function. It’s a life changer. Can reheat pizza, fish and chips, cook pies. All without making them soggy.
This sort of thing. Chips come out genuinely 90% as good. Pizza not soggy at all.

5 mins to melt some cheese , a griller will do it in half that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate invest in a microwave with a crisper function. It’s a life changer. Can reheat pizza, fish and chips, cook pies. All without making them soggy.
This sort of thing. Chips come out genuinely 90% as good. Pizza not soggy at all.

My wife has some kind of hippy obsession with not owning a microwave. She buys every other appliance on earth but I can't reheat my food quickly because of the way it takes away nutrients or some s**t like that.

Jan 10, 2020
Western Suburbs, Melb.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Made some tacos tonight!
Some homemade corn tortillas, charred spiced chicken, avocado, some pickled onion, chopped jalapeños and coriander. Bloody yum
786899308002adf81c49baace57bdda6.jpg

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I’ve been craving a seafood night but have steered clear of the market during covid, today we went back and grabbed some and a few south Melbourne market dim sims for good measure. It’s a two day pig out, tonight we had mussels with garlic, shallots, parsley and white wine, oysters kilpatrick with coffin bay oysters, Mooloolaba king prawns with home made cocktail sauce and finished with flathead and king George whiting just simply done in the pan.

Tomorrow it’s calamari just deep fried in bread crumbs and scallops in the pan, the buggers are a nightmare in hot oil they spit and pop quite a bit. I just finished of the Pinot Grigio we used on the mussels and I feel like a snake that swallowed a donkey but that will keep everyone happy until Christmas.

Munga

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 2, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda

I second this. My last three microwaves had the crisp/crisp+cook function, it's brilliant. Buy a bunch of your favourite pizzas on Tight Arse Tuesdays, freeze what you don't eat, then chuck them under the crisper for 5-8 minutes (from frozen!) and they are just as good if not better than the night you bought them. I use it the same as Ephemeral Hope , battered fish, most of the time chips come out better (when they still have some oil in them), pastries, ham n cheese, garlic bread, parmies... there's isn't much I haven't tried in there and it's just brilliant. From freezer to crisp in no time.

I bet it tasted great, I’m not much of a cake or desert man but I like the jam and cream sponge cake.
Cheers, happy with how it went considering it's the 2nd cake I've ever cooked solo.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Cheers, happy with how it went considering it's the 2nd cake I've ever cooked solo.
Both my daughters completed their courses last month so we had a cake. One of them went to school with someone who makes wedding and special occasion cakes so that’s what we had. The girls took pictures, it looked fantastic then they served it up and it was a tasteless lousy affair. That sponge with fresh cream, jam and a nice icing is what my mum made and imo it’s about as nice as cake gets.

I don’t usually bake, I’ve made a few tea cakes and simple things but it‘s not really my thing. I think you get more of a chance to change things up cooking without it turning out a complete disaster.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Just for anybody thinking of heading to south melbourne market the Mooloolaba king prawns were as nice as I’ve had for years , everyone loved them.

1636410201352.png

Just for anybody thinking of heading to south melbourne market the Mooloolaba king prawns were as nice as I’ve had for years , everyone loved them.

View attachment 1276909

That looks awesome.
If only i wasn't cooking for my daughter, she'd go into anaphylapsis just from looking at the picture.

Back