SAINTS DISCO I

What's the one drink you'll never touch again?

• Rum

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Southern Comfort

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • Vodka

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Beer

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Red wine

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • White wine

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cask wine

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Gin

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Tequila

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • Sambuca

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Other

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • Ouzo

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This reunion has of course been hotly-debated in recent times, with frontman Billy Corgan being quite outspoken in regards to the exclusion of former bassist D’Arcy Wretzky, while the bassist has also heavily criticised Cogran in return.

However, as Billboard notes, Corgan, James Iha, and Jimmy Chamberlin all sat down with Howard Stern to discuss the reunion, where they were asked about Wretzky’s absence from the band.

“The simple version is I spent two years trying to rebuild my relationship, much like James and I built our relationship,” Corgan explained. “So, music seemed to be possible because there was good dialogue. Every time I talked to her on the phone, she was absolutely lovely.”

“When we first approached her on the business side about ‘Well this is going to be the framework and this is what it’s going to look like,’ she said she refused,” he continued.

“The concerns that I had because I couldn’t get her in the room,” he concluded. “I didn’t know the state of her body, I didn’t know the state of her mind, I didn’t know the state of her ability to play. This is very difficult music to play.”

The Smashing Pumpkins are set to head out on tour soon to showcase their reunited lineup. While the group are booked until September, there’s currently no word as to whether we will see the group announce some dates on Aussie soil, but we can only hope.

Go Saints

Don’t lie, it’s on your playlist haha
Haha, no I really don't think I've ever heard it, but I really like a lot of what I have heard of her work, and am particularly a massive fan of this one:

Next fav by her is prolly this one:

Then Diamonds.

Along similar lines I love this one in a huge way by J-Lo. Always liked her in both music and movies.

And am a big fan of a lot of Gaga's work. I think her talent gets overshadowed by some of her outrageousness, but she was classically trained in piano and good enough at it to get accepted into the prestigious Juilliard School in Manhatten at the age of 11 (after learning how to play by the age of 4), so she's prodigiously talented.

First time I heard Poker Face it hit the spot in a big way and I had to find out who sang it.

This reunion has of course been hotly-debated in recent times, with frontman Billy Corgan being quite outspoken in regards to the exclusion of former bassist D’Arcy Wretzky, while the bassist has also heavily criticised Cogran in return.

However, as Billboard notes, Corgan, James Iha, and Jimmy Chamberlin all sat down with Howard Stern to discuss the reunion, where they were asked about Wretzky’s absence from the band.

“The simple version is I spent two years trying to rebuild my relationship, much like James and I built our relationship,” Corgan explained. “So, music seemed to be possible because there was good dialogue. Every time I talked to her on the phone, she was absolutely lovely.”

“When we first approached her on the business side about ‘Well this is going to be the framework and this is what it’s going to look like,’ she said she refused,” he continued.

“The concerns that I had because I couldn’t get her in the room,” he concluded. “I didn’t know the state of her body, I didn’t know the state of her mind, I didn’t know the state of her ability to play. This is very difficult music to play.”

The Smashing Pumpkins are set to head out on tour soon to showcase their reunited lineup. While the group are booked until September, there’s currently no word as to whether we will see the group announce some dates on Aussie soil, but we can only hope.

Go Saints
Could think of much worse things to do than go and see them if they came out here!

Go Saints

i loved their rock am ring gossamer performance. was friggin mint. so ******* good:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best ever song using a flanger.

Second favourite .....

Am I right gringo2011 ?

Flanging starts at 2.55

THis one may or may not be flanging, it's something Brian Eno and Phil Manzenera concuted....from 3.40 until the end.

This one has heaps after the six minute mark ( yeah kids, songs can go longer than 4 minutes ).

Flanging starts at 2.55

THis one may or may not be flanging, it's something Brian Eno and Phil Manzenera concuted....from 3.40 until the end.

This one has heaps after the six minute mark ( yeah kids, songs can go longer than 4 minutes ).

Nice job, SaintsSeptember

More from the flanger chronicles.

Molly's seminal music production achievement.

Last edited:
its the weekend you kenty kents
tumblr_mqlbnbbvqc1su1jqdo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back