Discussion Saints drinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I am European so it makes sense

Sounds better than retsina and ouzo as well. Nothing against Greek liquor but it doesn't hold up as well as your cuisine.

Just saw the beer discussion in the preview thread. Got me thinking, with many of us stuck at home / only able to watch on tv, unfortunately we cant enjoy the fine $8 watered-down mid-strength that Etihad Stadium has to offer.

Any suggestions of what to drink during Saints games?

*Also open to ideas for before game drinks
**Also open to ideas for after game drinks
***Also open to ideas for non Saints games drinks
****Also open to ideas for when no games are on
I cant drink. Can't do the sugary soft drinks either.

I dont mind some of the frantelle sparkling water. Currently doing the orange and pineapple.

Other than that the French press coffee goes ok. Found some awesome beans in Perth called killer bee

Ef7jn_6U0AguFe2

Amen.

I don't mind the occasional boutique "beer" to help the local hipsters out, I've got to say I agree with the Germans and their Reinheitsgebot Law - these are not beers - they're mixed drinks.

Cold cold day - if the game doesn't go well it might be an early start on the Barbancourt Rum this afternoon.

Stomping Ground or Bridge Road Pale Ale for me. I do love the Pirate Life IPA too but after a few of those I'm gone and the next day is too hard.

I'm still on Tom Joad's suggested Red Breast Irish Whiskey, good drop for cold Melbourne and numbs the stress during the games. If I start now I should be good for Sunday.
Took your recommendation and went the Redbreast 12 for the afternoon. I know you mentioned the 15, but I honestly cant tell the difference between the 12 & 15. 21yo is a big step up, but cant justify the price jump for a random Sunday arvo. So 12yo it is.

And after that loss, I think I might just write tomorrow off and finish the damn bottle. Apologies in advance to the mods for any drunk posting later!

That loss hurt.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So it turns out during tense games I drink really fast. Every stoppage or pause I'm nervously reaching for another swig.
Had to pace myself and limit it to a 6-pack or it could have been messy.
I've just ordered a large mexicana and a small garlic bread, I know it's over. Accept it.

Finished the Lowenbrau, half a bottle of Jameson down. Life's good.
Half your luck I’m reduced to browsing having been struck down with gout three weeks ago.

I’ve always had high Uric Acid levels its Hereditary my mother who was a thin woman who never drank had a problem with it and developed kidney stones. Anyway beer is about the worst alcoholic drink for gout so my couple of beers twice a week is off for awhile.

I might just give alcohol a miss except on special occasions, I don’t mind a good wine but I’m really a beer man and don’t see much point in just drinking for the sake of it.

I've just ordered a large mexicana and a small garlic bread, I know it's over. Accept it.

Good taste in beer and pizza. Sometimes I'm not convinced we're different people.

Nothing like a nice cool pale ale to ease the burning of a 10/10 chilli mexicana (our pizza place asks for a rating out of /10 for how hot you want it).

There were many a night that my youth wasted on beer drinking... what we used to call a blind taste test and it was widely recognised that the "blind" did not refer to the absolute anonymity of the beers we were tasting...

Mostly readily available commercial beers, like VB, Fosters, Melbourne bitter, XXXX, Brisbane bitter, Tooheys, Crown lager, Emu, Swan, West End and one we could all tell straight away: Courage draught

Oh the brain cells we lost...

On today’s episode of Dard’s Dark Web
View attachment 948147
Saints by plenty

I had a Nomad rollin haze hazy pale ale the other day. Hasn’t been released yet, got it from a bar I regular go to in north sydney when I visit. It’s one of the best I’ve had. If you see it in a store I recommend trying it.

It’s the one on the right

305A9C5F-5657-43C6-A5E6-66A39A9D4E56.jpeg

I had a Nomad rollin haze hazy pale ale the other day. Hasn’t been released yet, got it from a bar I regular go to in north sydney when I visit. It’s one of the best I’ve had. If you see it in a store I recommend trying it.

View attachment 948154

I'm going to have to do a beer run. How nice is the weather today. Might watch out on the deck and down cans.

View attachment 948154
Does it come with a complimentary push bike with flower themed basket at the front?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back