6KJa9j3.jpg

Cheers Georgie boy

a5d12eaf6f6723bf73879183dcd3cf5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Picked up a growler of Carlton Draught from the Lower Plenty Hotel this arvo... long day building retaining walls & just cracked it open...

For $24 for 2 litres & refills at $20 it goes down vey well.

And I love saying growler

Bring it up to Burra Brewery mate it’s only 15 beans for refills of craft beer.
I love my growler but the kegerator is king now
054906E8-7F22-42FB-B608-85E2AEB25E8D.jpeg

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Bring it up to Burra Brewery mate it’s only 15 beans for refills of craft beer.
I love my growler but the kegerator is king nowView attachment 948186

One of my mates has got the same set up... we had a big sesh there between lockdowns.

Can’t wait for the next one

The more the merrier. About to go to Dans and restock. Need beer the whisky isn't going down too well
I was at the supermarket so grabbed some fat yaks and some Brad Shepherds as I have renamed it.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Picked up a growler of Carlton Draught from the Lower Plenty Hotel this arvo... long day building retaining walls & just cracked it open...

For $24 for 2 litres & refills at $20 it goes down vey well.

And I love saying growler

Apparently the growlers are selling well.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Still no good with the gout Yawks? I need a nerve settler. I'll have one for you too.
Long gone, thankfully it only lasted a few days with the first night being particularly painfull.

I had a couple of ciders watching the game but generally staying clear of anything likely to cause a repeat.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Long gone, thankfully it only lasted a few days with the first night being particularly painfull.

I had a couple of ciders watching the game but generally staying clear of anything likely to cause a repeat.
I was getting gout weekly or at best fortnightly for about 6 months and it didn’t happen any more or less if I drank. I’ve gone onto allopurinol and haven’t had an attack for 5 months. And I’m drinking more than ever because of lockdown. If it doesn’t worry you taking tablets I’d be talking to your doctor about it.

I was getting gout weekly or at best fortnightly for about 6 months and it didn’t happen any more or less if I drank. I’ve gone onto allopurinol and haven’t had an attack for 5 months. And I’m drinking more than ever because of lockdown. If it doesn’t worry you taking tablets I’d be talking to your doctor about it.

My cousin got it in his 20s and went away again. I think he somehow got kidney stones working overseas and after the operation never got it back.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
My cousin got it in his 20s and went away again. I think he somehow got kidney stones working overseas and after the operation never got it back.
I’ve never had a gout attack before but I did have high uric acid levels back in my twenties.

I was prescribed the same or similar medication to plugger and told I’d be on it for life but never bothered taking it. I just altered my diet a little and have never had a problem with it up until now. If I remember correctly all I did was cut back on the red meat and fish. It was a surprise at the time as I was ultra fit and rarely drank alcohol etc, now it’s not surprising at all haha.

Seriously though for many people high uric acid levels are hereditary so diet plays less of a role and unfortunately I fall into that category. At present I’m on the phone calls to my GP but when things return to some semblance of normal I’ll get some bloods done and may well end up on the same meds as plugger.

I was surprised by how painful it was on the first night, I imagine you could get some relief from an anti inflammatory like nurofen. I don’t take anything unless I absolutely have to, I’d have made a lousy addict I don’t like needles or taking meds.

Back