Discussion Saints drinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone tried this before

The Glen Grant Arboralis Whisky

Just had one dropped off to me from a supplier sucking upView attachment 957844

No but a mate said it's good value. He reckons it's about $50 but tastes like a $100 bottle if I have the right one.

Tell me what the Cognac is like too. I used to love having a cognac and cheese after a meal back in the days when restaurants.

I had a bottle given to me and cracked it the other night, it's not my favourite but it's better than I remembered it. I thought it was pretty much Johnny Walker red with a fancy label. The Crown lager of scotch. It's not amazing but it does the job and you don't cry when it goes down too quickly like a good bottle.
It's far better than Jameson if I'm honest. Don't particularly like spending huge amounts of money on grog because at the end of the day it's the same outcome. I drink to get drunk. So for $50 odd it's not bad at all.

No but a mate said it's good value. He reckons it's about $50 but tastes like a $100 bottle if I have the right one.

Tell me what the Cognac is like too. I used to love having a cognac and cheese after a meal back in the days when restaurants.
I haven't tried either , just the perks of working in hospitality , i dont dare show how much wine i have in my office , you mob would think im a total p155 head

It's far better than Jameson if I'm honest. Don't particularly like spending huge amounts of money on grog because at the end of the day it's the same outcome. I drink to get drunk. So for $50 odd it's not bad at all.

You can definitely find value. You certainly should be able to buy something decent around $60 to $70.

gringo2011 don't laugh mate 😅, isn't it a waste to spend hundreds on grog to have a glass a night? No point in that surely. And I'm dead serious haha.

Yeah, that's me. Boozew***er.

I haven't tried either , just the perks of working in hospitality , i dont dare show how much wine i have in my office , you mob would think im a total p155 head

That's my kind of industry.

1599717585695.png

Do reccomend this as a good spring and summer beer, goes down fantastically

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I was given a cocktail set for Father’s Day so I’m keen to try out a few, what could go wrong ?.

PS. As per usual I was spoilt with a ridiculous number of gifts, it’s very close to my birthday so they tend to go overboard. I’m fast becoming old man yells at cloud, so many things ache it’s a bad joke.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I’m having a quite johnnie walker black and I’m not a fan not that surprising for a bourbon man.

Double Disappointment I spent $12 dollars in desperation craving a sth Melbourne market dim sim from Safeway and while there ok there nothing like the original.

At least I can watch the nfl tomorrow, any predictions etc.

I’m having a quite johnnie walker black and I’m not a fan not that surprising for a bourbon man.

Double Disappointment I spent $12 dollars in desperation craving a sth Melbourne market dim sim from Safeway and while there ok there nothing like the original.

At least I can watch the nfl tomorrow, any predictions etc.
Eagles by plenty ;)

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Surely a glenfiddich single malt is better than blended for the same price tho? Glenfiddich isn't good per se but still better than the chivas or johnny for the same price imo.

Surely a glenfiddich single malt is better than blended for the same price tho? Glenfiddich isn't good per se but still better than the chivas or johnny for the same price imo.
$20 more for the same amount of alcohol? I'll stick to the Chivas or Jameson.

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
$20 more for the same amount of alcohol? I'll stick to the Chivas or Jameson.
You picked a bad time for it but the week of Father's day you could snag a bottle of glenny for about $50. I say this as someone who had to put the ticket out for it as I work at Dan Murphy's while studying ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back