Discussion Saints drinks

I'm more a Shiraz man but St Hugo CS is the one I do enjoy, they get better with age too. I love a big old wine. We have a mate with a good cellar and he's got heaps of up to 20 year old good bottles. Going to his place for dinner is the best, he knows I like his old wines because I'm such a suck, so he pulls them out.

He bought them when he was young and people started giving them to him as gifts. He was going to sell them like an investment one day. Hasn't worked out that way. He's a proper wine w***er and he loves Hugo too.
I'm like you a Shiraz man but tried this ST Hugo CS 2016 and oh my goodness for $36 a bottle its a great drink

I only spent time in toyko and felt like i experienced fu** all, Found a pizza place in Shibuya that has 1500 yen all you can drink.

Need to go back, see osaka and go drunk karaoke on a friday.

Go to Kyoto instead, Osaka is a bit boring IMO. Kyoto is a bit more old Japan so good contrast to Tokyo.

We just got a Kyoto gin at work
Stock went pretty quick
Just under 100 coins a bottle too!

Japanese do good gins...actually good whisky too. I'm not a big fan of paying a lot for gin but they do do it pretty well.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Smashing back cc’s and fireball tonight.

I'm trying not to drink. My wife got me to do an IQ test because she's practising administering them. Got her brother to do one and he's smarter than me. I'm so ****ed off. We did one about 10 years ago and were nearly identical. He got in the high superior range. I drink more so I'm convinced I've damaged my brain. I should last at least until half time before cracking. Apparently you can't redo a test to bump your score up. campaigner must have been practising.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
God damn. Wrote myself off tonight. Embarrassed myself. Ah well. Bring on 2021

Unless ya pissed or shat ya pants in someone elses car/bed itll be fine

When I was young I got so smashed at a party that I woke up in the back of a ute naked, banged on the back window when we were out near Eltham. I scared the dude so badly that he drove me back to the party in Malvern. Had to walk in and find my clothes scattered around the lounge room, luckily everyone there was asleep or too drunk to care. I don't know what I did to lose my clothes, the party was a guy I went to school withs friends, he'd hired a food van full of booze with an open bar. Luckily they didn't have phones with cameras back then. Must have been a good night though.

One of my mates that I go camping with did it at a parents and friend club thing for his kids primary school a few years back in his late 30 or early 40's. Tried to kiss someone's wife, broke furniture, spewed in their house and nearly got into a punch on with the guy who's house it was. So funny. He couldn't go near the school for about 3 years out of shame.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I'm trying not to drink. My wife got me to do an IQ test because she's practising administering them. Got her brother to do one and he's smarter than me. I'm so f’ed off. We did one about 10 years ago and were nearly identical. He got in the high superior range. I drink more so I'm convinced I've damaged my brain. I should last at least until half time before cracking. Apparently you can't redo a test to bump your score up. campaigner must have been practising.
A lot of grad jobs won’t let you re test for 12 months or want your score from previous tests, obviously practice or prior knowledge influences the result.

Then again booze, stress and god knows how many things can influence your results, so long as there not embarrassing or falling sharply enjoy a drink.

A lot of grad jobs won’t let you re test for 12 months or want your score from previous tests, obviously practice or prior knowledge influences the result.

Then again booze, stress and god knows how many things can influence your results, so long as there not embarrassing or falling sharply enjoy a drink.

Yeah, they say you have to wait to retest. I've never grown out of the first phase or Duning-Kruger. I think I'm smarter than I am. I was one point off tipping into the next category which would have made me look much better. I was demanding a recount, pleading for another go at it, blaming fatigue, lockdown anything I could find.

She showed me some article saying that emotional intelligence shows a different kind of smarts which I think point was that it wasn't being displayed. The funniest thing was the wife got results back from getting tested by a class mate and was just below me and she was in the shittiest mood all night. I think she thought she was smarter. Got got my smugness back after that.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Yeah, they say you have to wait to retest. I've never grown out of the first phase or Duning-Kruger. I think I'm smarter than I am. I was one point off tipping into the next category which would have made me look much better. I was demanding a recount, pleading for another go at it, blaming fatigue, lockdown anything I could find.

She showed me some article saying that emotional intelligence shows a different kind of smarts which I think point was that it wasn't being displayed. The funniest thing was the wife got results back from getting tested by a class mate and was just below me and she was in the shittiest mood all night. I think she thought she was smarter. Got got my smugness back after that.
How sweet it is, I would dodge any attempt at being retested for years now.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
got a new "Saints Drink "
we call it the Brad Crouch its basically old crow bourbon with a s**t load of salty south australian tears
Old_Crow.JPG

When I was young I got so smashed at a party that I woke up in the back of a ute naked, banged on the back window when we were out near Eltham. I scared the dude so badly that he drove me back to the party in Malvern. Had to walk in and find my clothes scattered around the lounge room, luckily everyone there was asleep or too drunk to care. I don't know what I did to lose my clothes, the party was a guy I went to school withs friends, he'd hired a food van full of booze with an open bar. Luckily they didn't have phones with cameras back then. Must have been a good night though.

One of my mates that I go camping with did it at a parents and friend club thing for his kids primary school a few years back in his late 30 or early 40's. Tried to kiss someone's wife, broke furniture, spewed in their house and nearly got into a punch on with the guy who's house it was. So funny. He couldn't go near the school for about 3 years out of shame.

Was it a long awkward drive back to Malvern with you naked in the passenger seat, or did he make you stay in the back.?

Back